January 2013 Moms

How difficult is it to change a diaper????

RN2011RN2011 member
edited October 2014 in January 2013 Moms

It's a rhetorical question but one I want to keep asking my IL's.  My FIL and BIL watch DD in the mornings and then drop her off at my mother's house in the afternoon and they also watch her every other Wednesday all day.  I noticed that lately when I pick her up at my mother's house she's wearing her spare clothes so I ask my mom and she tells me that's how they dropped her off.  So, I asked them and my BIL tells me I check her and then 10 mins later she's wet all over.  Really?  The diaper overflowed in 10 min?  So I say well maybe we need to start changing her more often since she's more active now and drinks more fluids. 

Today, they have her all day and I checked in on her.  My BIL tells me he had to change her and bathe her because he checked her diaper and it was fine and then 15min later she had a large pee (his exact words) and was all wet.  So, again I say well, we may need to change her more often not just when she's pooped since she keeps peeing on herself.  This never happens to me on the weekends or when she's at my mom's, they must not be changing her diaper often enough.   I just about lost it on them but since they are so good to me and DD and are such a big help I bit my tongue and just told my DH he better say something to them.  I mean, how hard is it to change a diaper?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How difficult is it to change a diaper????

• Very frustrating! PP has great advice! DS drinks a ton during the day and therefore is a heavy pee-er (haha at that made up word). I stick pretty close to the 2 hour rule unless we are out and I can't. After naps and bed it's the first thing I do or he will leak through (and many times still does in the morning). I would also just keep emphasizing that no poo does not equal a clean diaper! Maybe buy some swaddlers so they can see the line turn blue? It might emphasize just how quickly her diaper can be dirty! If they tell you they change the diaper at least every 2 hours, maybe just double check the diaper is going on correctly. Sounds silly but we all know how easy it is to have the diaper off of a butt cheek on a wiggly toddler! Good luck!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I often have to change DD when I pick her up from my mil's. It's not that she doesn't change her often enough, actually sometimes changes her in front of me. I realized she doesn't out the diaper on very well at all. It's horrible. Now when I see her going to do it, I jump and do it myself.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think they are putting it on right. DD has crazy wet diapers in the morning and they rarely leak. They are nothing fancy either.
    I'm thinking this too. DS has some heavy pees but he's never leaked after 10 or 15 minutes.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • LOL, I always critique how anyone else puts on J's diapers, except at d/c, she does it just fine. Even H puts it on wonky! LOL!

I agree, have your H talk with your IL's, it would be better coming from them. He could always go about it as you guys are trying to figure out what's going on, if you need to go up a size, change diaper brands and then casually mention it only happens with them so it cannot be that. Then ask how frequently she is changed. Might be a way to paddle around it...

J has only needed a bath at d/c once (like at 17 months old), that's because he played with his poop while he was supposed to be napping...so Deb gave him a quick bath to get him clean.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"