February 2014 Moms
Options

Baby doesn't want to eat solids!!!

My son is almost 8 months & doesn't like any solids. I'm trying everyday to give him at least some baby food but he doesn't seem to be getting used to it. Did anyone go through this? My doctor is making it seem like it isn't normal & is making me nervous

Btw he's a breastfeed baby. :((

Re: Baby doesn't want to eat solids!!!

• Options
    Lurker but I was having a similar issue. My DD really isn't in to purees but she does like real food. I was nervous starting her on finger foods early but she does much better. I also second what PP said about cooking your own. She doesn't like the pre-packaged purees but loves the pureed sweet potato that our DCP cooks and lightly seasons before pureeing.
  • Options

;)

In all seriousness though, have you tried the mesh feeder? When I started LO on solids he didn't really like them, but I found that he was much happier "feeding himself" with the mesh feeder. I would also pinch and mash a piece of banana in my fingers and feed it to him that way.

I had a very hard time getting my DS1 to eat foods (and I still have that problem). Sometimes it's just part of who they are, and they aren't super interested in food for a while. My DS1 is a thriving 3yo who has the most energy, so don't worry. They survive. ;)

I'd also put a call in to your pedi and and ask questions. I'm sorry your pedi left you feeling worried with no solutions or answers. Hang in there, mama.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"