August 2014 Moms
Options

EASY routine with a short napper?

So I have been trying to follow the EASY routine with DD.  It worked for awhile but now she only takes one long nap in the morning and her other naps are only about 30-60 minutes.  When she wakes up from a short nap, it is not even close to time for her to eat again.  Does anyone have a short napper who has success with the EASY routine?  I'm thinking I just may not be able to set a routine with her yet. Any suggestions? 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: EASY routine with a short napper?

• Options
    I have a short napper and cannot do any type of routine with him. I just keep an eye out for sleepy signs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses.  I guess I was still trying to do the routine more for myself.  I thrive off routine, but DD has been just fine.  Really, I think she has been happier since I've been following her lead.  Maybe I'll try again in a couple months.
  • Options
    I asked a similar question yesterday and people said it was okay if they wake up before its time to eat. Just play with him and do some activity before the eat part and then again after if he isn't ready to sleep yet. What I have realized us that I try to be sure the feeding stays consistent and sleep happens whenever it does between feedings. I try to be sure that a last nap happens between 5 and 7 so I can feed at 7 and again at 9 before bed (this is the only time he us up for more than an hour).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to ask the exact same question today. Thanks for the responses!
  • Options
    My 9 week old was great with the eat, play, sleep routine till about a week ago. Now its play, eat, play, change diaper, sleep. All of which I'm OK with. I'm trying to figure out how many feedings he has between 7:30a-5p now since I go back to work in 3 weeks and will need to leave BM for my sitter & his change in scheduke has me all mixed up now! Ugh!
  • Options
    Our routine is eat, play, eat, fall asleeo for 5 min, eat, slee..oh just kidding, eat some more, sleep 45 min ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I decided to transition her from napping in the swing to the crib today, so any routine we had is out the window for now! Hopefully we'll develop our own little routine again in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Stephy129 said:

I asked a similar question yesterday and people said it was okay if they wake up before its time to eat. Just play with him and do some activity before the eat part and then again after if he isn't ready to sleep yet. What I have realized us that I try to be sure the feeding stays consistent and sleep happens whenever it does between feedings. I try to be sure that a last nap happens between 5 and 7 so I can feed at 7 and again at 9 before bed (this is the only time he us up for more than an hour).

I also aim for a nap before 7 and do a feeding around 7 (tonight was 7:30) play, bath, feeding around 9 (tonight was 9:00), and bed. I find morning naps and sleep cues easier. Evening after 5 LO gets more fussy. Could be he is over stimulated from the day at this point or that DH gets home and the house is louder and more action going on.
  • Options
    I have a short napper, and I still just follow the EPS routine. I figure it can't hurt to offer the breast even if he's not super hungry. Most days he'll eat at least a little each time, but I think it's helped him go down for naps a little better with the routine. And the only reason I tried the EPS routine was to get him ready for daycare where they can't hold him to nap, which is what he was getting previously.

I should add that he stays awake for long periods, so time between feeds averages about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"