September 2012 Moms

How Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are

I thought this was a great video shared by one of my students for those of you that have to present, or speak in front of audiences. Even for job interviews. I have to do an orientation 6 times a year to each of my groups of students and present at our quarterly meetings. This was a really interesting presentation and I plan to try it and see what kind of impact it has. It's about a 20 minute video but I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are

• I'm totally going to power pose in the bathroom for two minutes before my Med Terms test on Saturday ;):))
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I'm totally going to power pose in the bathroom for two minutes before my Med Terms test on Saturday ;):))

Please do it!! I want to know if it helps :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I will! I have to say, I felt very negative and gloomy before my algebra test the other day. There was even a song playing in my car that had a very depressing title (can't remember it), and I remember thinking I was doomed before I went in. As I was sitting hunched over in my car looking at my notes. Ha.
  • The song was Facing Defeat on my John Adams soundtrack. I mean seriously. I was doomed.
  • dimples12 said:
    The song was Facing Defeat on my John Adams soundtrack. I mean seriously. I was doomed.
    I make my college students form an upbeat playlist sometimes. Sounds like you need one. ;)

Very good idea! I'm actually taking the test today. I'm dressed in my favorite clothes, I put makeup on, I've been listening to good music...nothing but positivity today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"