Nurseries and Baby Gear

Question about mini cribs

Will a mini crib be big enough to last until it is time to switch to a toddler bed?

We have a small bedroom we are going to convert to a nursery, and I am trying to think of ways to make the space not seem so crowded.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about mini cribs

• If you're planning to get a toddler bed at some point, why not just get a convertible crib? That way you only buy 1 piece of furniture, 1 mattress, 1 size sheets... Graco makes some awesome, super well priced, convertible cribs that you can buy through their website and get delivered home for free. When we bought ours they had a promo where they threw in a mattress as part of the bundle.
  • I do not mind buying a toddler bed in the future if I know the mini crib will last for 2-3 years. I would rather have the added space in the tiny nursery than the convenience of just buying one piece of furniture.

We have a convertible crib in my son's room, but his room is bigger than his sister's will be. Once she is born, I'm looking to maximize space. If I buy a convertible crib, it would need to be something that converts to a twin bed. Anything bigger is too large for this space.

Will a mini crib last until she is 2-3 years old and ready for a toddler bed, or will she outgrow it before that time?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I would say 2 years for average height. At least ours lasted for 2 years and we were satisfied with that. Unfortunately, I'd recommend a full size crib for any longer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • would say mini crib 2 years max (esp if you have a climber). You could also do a bassinet or mini cosleeper to start with (first 3 to 5 months), that way you can see if you have a bigger or smaller child.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yeah I agree with PP.  My son is 70% for height and 50% for weight.  There's no way a mini crib would have made it any longer than 18 months.  My older son climbed out of a full-size crib at 19 months.   

image imageimageimage

• I agree just get the full sized crib. Also, look at resell shops. I found a brand new crib, with all accessories for toddler bed to twin bed, for $300 (normally over $700). There are deals out there! It would be pointless in my opinion to buy a mini crib just to switch before even 2 years. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! Full size crib it is.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"