April 2015 Moms
Options

Harmony test ?

has anyone here had a harmony test done? My 1st child was born with Norrie disease & he passed away when he was two years old because it's a very rare genetic disease the doctor is suggesting I do a harmony test which will tell me if the baby in my tummy has the disease or not... I'm not sure what to really expect also there are high risks in doing the test... Just wondering if anyone else had to go through this & if it's truly beneficial?

Re: Harmony test ?

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I know people have done it. I myself opted out. However, had my doctor recommended it to me, i would have done it. Listen to doc and get it if you're worried. Don't know about risks.
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Options
    I am sorry about your loss. There are no risks to harmony. It is a blood draw from your arm. Many here have done harmony or other similar tests.
    imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the verifi test, which is similar. It was one vial of bloods and I had the results in one week. There is no risk with this test. It is a screening test, not diagnostic. So they can not definitively telling you if you baby has a disease, but they can tell you the likelihood.
  • Options
    I took the Harmony test at the recommendation of my doctor because of an abnormal NT scan. I completely agree with above--no real risks, especially if you are high risk and may need an invasive test otherwise.  Without the Harmony we would have had to go straight to amnio.  I am relieved to have this option first!
    Met 8/2004  -  Married 6/2008  -  DD1 1/2012
    Looking forward to 4/2015!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Like pp's said - it's no risk, just blood taken from your arm. I had the Materniti21 test done, same idea as Harmony.
    I'm so very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I had the harmony test done, it's very simple and noninvasive. The test screens for trisomy 13, 18, and 21 at a 99% accuracy level. It does not screen for all diseases or abnormalities and it is not a diagnosis based test. As a bonus you can find out the sex of the baby at the same time.

Me (28) DH (27)
    Married June 2012
    Started TTC July 2013
         BFP #1          August 2013          EDD 4/29/14            natural MC at 6-7 week
    BFP #2         January 2014         EDD 9/24/14            MC at 8 weeks, D&C
    BFP #3         March 2014            EDD 12/4/14            MC at 8 weeks, D&C
    BFP #4         August 2014            EDD 4/20/15        Hoping for our rainbow
                                                It's a BOY!

• Options
    I took the Harmony Test due to to my NT scan blood work being a 1 in 12 chance of Down Syndrome. Instead of being pushed into a CVS, I did the blood work and found out my little boy has a 1 in over 10,000 chance of down sydrome now. 

I suggest listening to the doctor and doing the test if you feel its right for you. 
    BabyGagaPitaPata Cat tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @libramychell‌ -- There are dozens of prior posts on this topic with collectively hundreds of responses that you might find helpful if you use the search tool.

Me: 34 DH: 36

Married since 11/11/11
    BFP#1 10/5/13 MC 11/11/13 @9wks 3d
    BFP#2 7/20/14 EDD 4/4/15

• Options
    I got the test and the nuchal, I found out I'm having a girl
  • Options
    Thank you all for your responses
  • Options
    I am so terribly sorry for your loss - I can't even imagine.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"