December 2013 Moms
Options

Do you wanna build a Spam-man?

Because if I watch Frozen one more time my head is going to explode
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: Do you wanna build a Spam-man?

• Options
    Lol :). I want to chop my head off my sinuses hurt so bad :( going to the ent today.
  • Options

This is my first week at my new job, which is MUCH closer to home than my last job so that's good. It's also LOs first week at his new daycare center and he's not napping :(. He usually takes 3 naps a day and yesterday only napped for 20 mins the whole day. I hope he adjusts soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    Do you want to build a snowman is DD's magic song. If she's crying in the car or fussing to sleep all I have to do is sing it and it's immediate silence.

So DD sttn last night (woo Hoo!) but of course DS got up at 5:30am crying and wouldn't go back down even though I brought him in our bed. DD woke up at 6am but normally goes back down when I bring her in bed. DS woke her up and then wet our bed. WTF! I want a do over this morning.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    Cbowl said:

Does anyone else's baby crawl around and pick stuff up off the floor (aka tiny pieces of lint / dog hair) and put them in his or her mouth? I swear I chase my child around constantly trying to grab whatever it is. And sweep / swiffer constantly as well. So gross.

All the time! I'm constantly picking stuff out of his mouth. Lately he's been biting hard too. Those little teeth are sharp!
  • Options
    @Cbowl‌ everyday! She acts like everything she finds is gold. We finally bought a cordless, lightweight vacuum, and I have to use it at least twice a day. I didn't realize how much dog hair we had until LO started crawling.
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    Oh and the incision in my back made it impossible to sleep last night. I'm tired and need caffeine :(

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    Things I've found in LOs mouth today- a holly leaf, an orange electrical cap and a sticky fabric circle from under the couch...not to mention the fuzz from the carpet she likes to eat.
  • Options
    Tucker just threw a fit because I wouldn't let him play with the electrical outlets or chew on the phone chargers. Literally slammed his head in my lap and started screaming. It was clearly nap time
  • Options
    I just made the mistake of reading a heartbreaking story of the dangers of furniture falling on kids.  We were already planning on securing our tall bookcases to the wall this weekend but now I want to secure every piece of furniture and television we have in the house.  Twice.  I never knew that even low dressers could fall over.  So many things to worry about with a baby around!
  • Options
    I had a dream last night that I was pregnant again and just started bawling at the doctors office when I found out. What is with these dreams?!
    Also, I'm drinking a salted caramel mocha (tall) this morning and it is so yummy!

• Options
    @nitecheese‌ Seriously! I had a different ex-bf in this dream =D>

• Options
    @cbowl all the time. We have to vacuum daily because the favorite thing for her to put in her mouth is dog fur. And this is my dog.
  • Options
    I'm watching the Jon Stewart/Bill O Reilly interview. It's great.
  • Options
    Do I need a nose frieda? Baby has a bad stuffy nose and my bulb thing isnt cutting it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BTW the FIRST thing I am buying when i get a job is a roomba. We have a yellow lab and hard wood floors. Aaron is always eating dog hair and specks of dirt.

When my brother was a toddler my mom saw him grab a worm from the grass and shove into his mouth. she ran over but it was too late. he is fine. :)

• Options
    Turk721 said:
    We have no trees in our front yard....yet is covered in leaves and I just watched our neighbor blasting his leaves over here. I took a video and sent it to DH. He Texted the guy nicely not to do that and he lied and said he didn't do it. Dude, you're on video.
    We are the only ones on our street with 3 big oak trees in our front yard.  I always feel bad in the fall when the leaves drop and half of it piles up in the neighbors yards.  We joke with them about how we blow it over there at night, but we would not ever actually do it on purpose like that.  What a jerk.
  • Options
    ugoglencocougoglencoco member
    edited October 2014
    Does anyone know about BBB return policy?? We got really expensive place settings from our wedding there (over $100 for plate little plate bowl and mug) and the lady guaranteed us that we would be able to use them daily for at least the next 20 years. And could put them in the dishwasher. Out of 10 place settings I have 6 plates, all the little plates because we never use them, 4 bowls and 3 mugs. They all fucking broke. In the last 3 years. I'm so annoyed.
  • Options
    BTW the FIRST thing I am buying when i get a job is a roomba. We have a yellow lab and hard wood floors. Aaron is always eating dog hair and specks of dirt.

When my brother was a toddler my mom saw him grab a worm from the grass and shove into his mouth. she ran over but it was too late. he is fine. :)
    We looked into the Roomba but it got terrible reviews for pet hair.  Such a bummer!
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• Options
    Cbowl said:

We looked into the Roomba but it got terrible reviews for pet hair.  Such a bummer!
    My parents had a Roomba and they were constantly untangling hair from its rollers.  They don't have pets, just 2 girls with longish hair.
  • Options
    Cbowl said:

I have a Roomba and it is not good for pet hair if you have carpet.  But if you have hard floors, it works well for daily maintenance.  We have 3 cats and had wood laminate in our old house.  The Roomba did well there, running it every other day.  Unfortunately our new house has mostly carpet so the Roomba is not quite as effective.
  • Options
    bty19bty19 member
    edited October 2014
    Apparently there's been a shooting at Parliament Hill, in Ottawa :(  A solider has been killed there. Not much more info yet. Scary stuff for us Canadians.https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/parliament-hill-attack-1-gunman-dead-after-soldier-shot-at-national-war-memorial-1.2808710

• Options
    Cbowl said:

There are special pet hair ones.

• Options
    @LoganosaurusRex‌ T&Ps with you guys. I'm glad they got you in so quickly.

DH's grandmother passed away yesterday. She was a wonderful, feisty lady and had a big part in raising DH. He'll be able to fly home for the service, but has to fly right back out to work afterwards. It's going to be a tough day all around.
  • Options
    @LoganosaurusRex‌ T&P's for you, I hope you come back soon with good news.

@canicksmom‌ I'm very sorry for your loss.

@ugoglencoco‌ BBB has probably the best return policy around. They take anything back, even used, months later.

We got the Shark cordless navigator for cleaning our floors and rugs during the day. It's light enough to use while I hold C in the other arm and can get under a lot of our furniture. Highly recommend!
  • Options
    Mice are better than rats.
  • Options
    cashhh said:
    I took off from work today so I can study for my 7pm exam. I know none of it. Nothing. @golfingdarwinfish‌, I know you wanna help with orgo lol
    @cashhh

My best advice for orgo is to invest in a set of colored pens / pencils and assign each functional group a color, while keeping the carbon backbones black.  Your brain remembers color easier than black and white, and over time you will find that you recall the movement of the colors (and by association the functional groups) and how they move through each reaction.  Plus, as long as you get the functional groups right on an exam, you should get the majority of credit for a problem, even if there are errors in the number of carbons in the base molecule.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options

I took a shower with DS today (he's 3) and he told me, in reference to DH's beard, "You have prickles like dadda......and Toby" (The cactus from Sheriff Callie's Wild West on Disney Junior). He was talking about my pubic hair. LOL I guess it's time to shave? Or not shower with DS any more haha.

This is hilarious!

• Options
    sweett11 said:

ameegee said:

MY KID HAS BEEN NAPPING FOR ALMOST 2 HOURS

Jealous. No naps here.
    This has never happened before.
  • Options
    cashhh said:
    cashhh said:
    I took off from work today so I can study for my 7pm exam. I know none of it. Nothing. @golfingdarwinfish‌, I know you wanna help with orgo lol
    @cashhh

My best advice for orgo is to invest in a set of colored pens / pencils and assign each functional group a color, while keeping the carbon backbones black.  Your brain remembers color easier than black and white, and over time you will find that you recall the movement of the colors (and by association the functional groups) and how they move through each reaction.  Plus, as long as you get the functional groups right on an exam, you should get the majority of credit for a problem, even if there are errors in the number of carbons in the base molecule.

I'm watching some videos on khan academy and that's what they do. I can identify 1,4-dicyclobutyl-2-cyclopropyl-5,7-diisibutyl cyclooctane now so there's progress lol.
    @cashhh

Good to know my advice is actually solid! LOL When I took immunology I made up a bunch of songs to remember the complement cascade.  My study partner used to laugh at me for that one.

Sadly, even > 10 years post orgo I & II, I can still draw the above molecule from the name.  I promise once you learn the naming convention, you will never forget it, and you'll able to draw most things if you hear their full chemical name.  It's a fun party trick.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    cashhh said:
    @cashhh

I wish I had thought of this when I was taking orgo.  I'm surprised I passed.
  • Options
    Starbucks is releasing a new flavor for the first time in 5 years on 12 Nov. Its called a chestnut praline latte. Any takers?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"