December 2014 Moms

Intro

2»

Re: Intro

• Either way welcome/back. If I changed my name for security/peace of mind/comfort I sure as hell wouldn't tell anyone my old name. That entirely defeats the purpose.
    I appreciate the fact that you posted this bc had you not, I guarantee people would have called you out for knowing too much or asking too much or being "new".
    At least now we know you're from around here and not to be suspicious if you post frequently.
    Basically your damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And really. If we want to make things super twisted, OP could have been a troll before, we still trusted her and she decided to make a new SN. None of it matters.

I guess I'm just saying that if i felt u comfortable keeping my SN, and went through the trouble of making a new one and having my history wiped, why on earth would i want to come back and hand out my old name?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Welcome back!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no idea who you were but welcome back!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• perfectlove09perfectlove09 member
    edited October 2014

Either way welcome/back. If I changed my name for security/peace of mind/comfort I sure as hell wouldn't tell anyone my old name. That entirely defeats the purpose.
    I appreciate the fact that you posted this bc had you not, I guarantee people would have called you out for knowing too much or asking too much or being "new".
    At least now we know you're from around here and not to be suspicious if you post frequently.
    Basically your damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And really. If we want to make things super twisted, OP could have been a troll before, we still trusted her and she decided to make a new SN. None of it matters.

I guess I'm just saying that if i felt u comfortable keeping my SN, and went through the trouble of making a new one and having my history wiped, why on earth would i want to come back and hand out my old name?

So what do you expect people to ask when someone posts a thread saying "hi, I have always posted here, but here I am with a name you don't recognize"?

QBF--------//------------
    I'd expect some of what was posted above but for several people to ask for a PM to tell them who OP is just seems a little extreme. I understand the curiosity but if she had to PM everyone it would defeat the purpose of changing her name.

Besides...she gave two VERY telling "hints" that made it incredibly easy for me to see what her old SN was. So...it shouldn't be that hard without bugging her for it.
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @bvsbabymomma‌ I gave you a huge hint in PM not the whole SN. But like I said I got tired of being called a Creeper. And thank you @perfectlove09‌ for recognizing me from my hints. Some still think I'm a creep but I care no more. And if someone didn't read my two sorries go back re-read and back off.
    For HP and All December ANGELS
  • @JunkieBrewster‌ The thought crosses my mind whenever there's a new batch of posters, but the crazy always comes out eventually. Unless someone has a personality transplant, I'm pretty confident we'd figure it out.
    Pretty much. People come and go, and there are likely going to be new and questionable posts. Eventually trolls and trouble makers get outed, and on their way they go. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• pinklepop said:
    This makes me not want to make a reintro thread. Maybe the mystery will make me sexier. Welcome back! Sorry I dont know who you are, and you probably dont know me. We meet for the first time again! The joys of the internet.
    @Pinklepop, I could make some very good assumptions as to who you are. You have a ton of badges, which gives credence to your activity level and, above all else, I recognize your siggy.

Now I could be completely wrong and you could still be a suspicious character, but the fact that those two things exist give me more of a comfort level. I'm pretty sure I know what your old SN was! Well... I'd recognize it anyways. My memory sucks ;)

Agree about how keeping your siggy definitely made you recognizeable even if we couldn't remember your SN. But then on top of that you gave very very obvious clues for us to guess your former SN. You were easy ;) 
  • Either way welcome/back. If I changed my name for security/peace of mind/comfort I sure as hell wouldn't tell anyone my old name. That entirely defeats the purpose. I appreciate the fact that you posted this bc had you not, I guarantee people would have called you out for knowing too much or asking too much or being "new". At least now we know you're from around here and not to be suspicious if you post frequently. Basically your damned if you do, damned if you don't. And really. If we want to make things super twisted, OP could have been a troll before, we still trusted her and she decided to make a new SN. None of it matters. I guess I'm just saying that if i felt u comfortable keeping my SN, and went through the trouble of making a new one and having my history wiped, why on earth would i want to come back and hand out my old name?
    But again, like pinklepop, you too kept your siggy making you recognizable and even more so by keeping your avatar. I honestly hadn't realized you had changed your SN @perfectlove09at all... I guess because I always associated you with the cute pic of your little girl as your avatar :)
  • @bvsbabymomma‌ I gave you a huge hint in PM not the whole SN. But like I said I got tired of being called a Creeper. And thank you @perfectlove09‌ for recognizing me from my hints. Some still think I'm a creep but I care no more. And if someone didn't read my two sorries go back re-read and back off.
    I can't help but feel like if you were around here a lot and posting/reading regularly, you'd know that our #1 reply to statements like the bolded one is, "You can't dictate how we react/reply to posts."

With everything that has happened here over the last little while, I don't blame anyone for being suspicious.

Exactly this.

I read every single post on this thread. You attempted to apologize a couple different times. That doesn't make your statement any less douchey. It also doesn't mean that I won't take offense.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• @krystrist2014‌ thank you :) she is pretty cute. But I think you misunderstood. I haven't changed my SN in over 4 years. I was forced to a long time ago bc of someone harassing myself and some others on another board.

@bvsbabymomma‌ I'm not bothered by it. I was just pointing out that I wouldn't want ppl asking me for PM's after I just got done saying "I changed my name for comfort purposes". It seemed as though people were getting mad at her for not just saying who she formally was. I was letting her know that I agree with her if she didn't feel comfortable giving that information out.
    It's perfectly ok for us to feel differently about this.
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • uh, welcome, or something?

can anyone please PM and clue me in on this email leakage thing? thanks.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • perfectlove09perfectlove09 member
    edited October 2014
    RaeChay said:

uh, welcome, or something?

can anyone please PM and clue me in on this email leakage thing? thanks.
    Are you on FB group? We had a big discussion there.
    If not, basically a form was accidentally posted that had email addresses of ppl that requested to join the FB group. It was an honest mistake and an error on Google Docs part
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Welcome back!
  • @krystrist2014‌ thank you :) she is pretty cute. But I think you misunderstood. I haven't changed my SN in over 4 years. I was forced to a long time ago bc of someone harassing myself and some others on another board.

@bvsbabymomma‌ I'm not bothered by it. I was just pointing out that I wouldn't want ppl asking me for PM's after I just got done saying "I changed my name for comfort purposes". It seemed as though people were getting mad at her for not just saying who she formally was. I was letting her know that I agree with her if she didn't feel comfortable giving that information out.
    It's perfectly ok for us to feel differently about this.

Oh! Lol. Sorry about that! Clearly I have reading comprehension problems :P
  • thanks @perfectlove09! nope not on FB group. Thought maybe there was a leak from SNs here.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It's ok, I'm not someone you wanna associate with given all the flaming anyways. I used to be a nice person, I had a bad day yesterday, and now I've developed a bad rep. Now I'm afraid to post anything, either I'll be perceived as a creep or have people come just to be mean.
    For HP and All December ANGELS
  • Ok, I legitimately missed that. That's my bad.
  • pinklepop said:

pinklepop said:
    This makes me not want to make a reintro thread. Maybe the mystery will make me sexier. Welcome back! Sorry I dont know who you are, and you probably dont know me. We meet for the first time again! The joys of the internet.
    @Pinklepop, I could make some very good assumptions as to who you are. You have a ton of badges, which gives credence to your activity level and, above all else, I recognize your siggy.

Now I could be completely wrong and you could still be a suspicious character, but the fact that those two things exist give me more of a comfort level. I'm pretty sure I know what your old SN was! Well... I'd recognize it anyways. My memory sucks ;)
    I'm definitely suspicious! :P Yeah I really just felt that I needed to change my name after the emails were released, and was really glad they were able to wipe my post history. I'm gonna be more careful this time around about the info I give out in my posts. I know the BC people were probably just trolling, but I have a little one on the way to protect!
    I think a lot of us just felt like we needed to change. What with BC drama, not having a mod, and the email mix up. I was going to ask to have my account deleted like OP, but I found out we could keep our Loves and such by just changing the name and asking for the post history wipe. The siggy is probably my biggest clue, so I'm sure you know me! :D

@pinklepop you can do that? If they wipe your post history do you then become ungoogleable as far as your old SN is concerned? What happens to all of your old posts in that case? I need to learn more about how the bump works...

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • I still don't know who the hell this is.
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• SoxFan777 said:
    pinklepop said:

pinklepop said:

I'm definitely suspicious! :P Yeah I really just felt that I needed to change my name after the emails were released, and was really glad they were able to wipe my post history. I'm gonna be more careful this time around about the info I give out in my posts. I know the BC people were probably just trolling, but I have a little one on the way to protect!
    I think a lot of us just felt like we needed to change. What with BC drama, not having a mod, and the email mix up. I was going to ask to have my account deleted like OP, but I found out we could keep our Loves and such by just changing the name and asking for the post history wipe. The siggy is probably my biggest clue, so I'm sure you know me! :D

@pinklepop you can do that? If they wipe your post history do you then become ungoogleable as far as your old SN is concerned? What happens to all of your old posts in that case? I need to learn more about how the bump works...
    I'm sure my old sn is probably in some sort of cache thing. Nothing on the internet really goes away. But it makes it harder. My old posts are all gone.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • This is the most dramatic and dumb intro I've ever seen, and we've had a sexy intro. BORINGGGGGG. I don't know nor do I care who this is.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Well yeah, but again, that's boring. We're too good at the call outs and passive agressiveness now, at least sex toys or a good TMI story offer entertainment.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"