Late Term and Child Loss

Nights are the worst.

My husband works the graveyard shift so I'm all alone at night. I have the hardest time turning my mind off to go to sleep. I lay awake reviewing the most minute details of that awful day. Do you recommend anything to help an over active brain?

Also, I told my dad this morning that I wasn't feeling well; I have some sort of stomach bug. The first thing he said was "Are you pregnant?"
It's only been a month. Too soon, dad. Too soon.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Nights are the worst.

• I have trouble sleeping too.  I have been taking a melatonin before bed each night but still end up waking up in the middle of the night most nights. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a very hard time sleeping at first too. Melatonin is a good suggestion. If that doesn't work, talk to your doctor. I got a prescription after a couple of weeks. With taking it I was able to get back into good sleep habits after a while. Then I stopped taking it.

I hope you find something that works for you. Insomnia is not fun.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Oh gosh it was so hard getting to sleep at night. The doc put me on Ambien, but it only worked for 4 nights and then it didn't do anything. I asked to be put on an antidepressant called Remeron, and that's helped a lot. I do always emphasize that grieving is normal, being "low" is normal after what we've been through. I have a history of dysthymia and depression beforehand so I went ahead and got meds. 
    And I'm so sorry your dad was so insensitive. Hope the bug goes away soon. 
    BFP #1 12/19/13 We lost our Fenix 7/31/14 at 36 weeks due to torn umbilical cord
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Chart TTA until Feb 2015
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • I go for my D&C tomorrow. I just found out my baby has no heartbeat yesterday. I am 14 weeks and 1 day. I had no idea anything was wrong. My baby died between 10.3 & 10.5. My body just hasn't figured it out yet. It thinks everything is okay. I have been going around wearing maternity clothes and picking out nursery themes and everything. I feel so deceived and mad and sad and embarrassed all at the same time. This sucks. I thought in the second trimester everything was going to be okay! I couldn't even wear my maternity clothes to work today. I feel like it is wrong to and that is so stupid. I squeezed into some pants that I used to consider my fat pants. What the heck do I wear to the surgery tomorrow? I man what is protocol? I've never done this before and what is prepping for surgery anyway? Why fits it take two hours to prep for a 30 minutes procedure? I think I am freaking out a little here.
  • jsshrt said:

I go for my D&C tomorrow. I just found out my baby has no heartbeat yesterday. I am 14 weeks and 1 day. I had no idea anything was wrong. My baby died between 10.3 & 10.5. My body just hasn't figured it out yet. It thinks everything is okay. I have been going around wearing maternity clothes and picking out nursery themes and everything. I feel so deceived and mad and sad and embarrassed all at the same time. This sucks. I thought in the second trimester everything was going to be okay! I couldn't even wear my maternity clothes to work today. I feel like it is wrong to and that is so stupid. I squeezed into some pants that I used to consider my fat pants. What the heck do I wear to the surgery tomorrow? I man what is protocol? I've never done this before and what is prepping for surgery anyway? Why fits it take two hours to prep for a 30 minutes procedure? I think I am freaking out a little here.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Most of us on this board have suffered third trimester or infant loss, so we don't have d & c experience. Maybe the ladies on the miscarriage board could help you know what to expect? I hope your procedure goes as smoothly as possible and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"