Baby Names
Options

Is this too common?

DH likes Vivian Rose but I feel Rose is too common, though it does seem to go nicely with Vivian. Suggestions? fWIW our DD is Olivia Valentina.

Re: Is this too common?

• Options
    I think it is a beautiful name and I haven't heard Rose a lot. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I feel like Rose is a popular filler mn. Do you have any family names you could use instead?
    Baby Sicaen #1 - 2013
    TTC Baby Sicaen #2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Rose for a middle name. I want to use it because it's a family name for me. I hear it often on this board, but not in my real life.
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies! We have a few family names that we've tried out but they don't sound as great. I only know of one other baby w the middle name Rose. I guess I see it on boards/internet searches a lot and not IRL like @ginger1228‌
  • Options
    I think it is a common-ish middle name but if you like it, it sounds nice and you are talking about a middle name so being common isn't that big of a deal.
  • Options
    I think it's fine and it's just a middle name... You could go with Rosa?
  • Options
    Roses are everywhere, yet they are anything but common. Roses are elegant, classy, beautiful, fragrant, everywhere. They are still my favorite flower and I like fuchsia and passionflower (the weird ones) so, Rose (in conclusion) is a oft used name that retains it's extraordinary appeal despite it's accessibility.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Also, I like Olivia, Valentina, Vivian and Rose. I think you have fine taste and Vivian Rose is a nice name.
  • Options
    I do prefer Vivienne but Vivian is really nice! Rose is cute & goes well, very nice name.
  • Options

I would only use Rose as a MN if it has some significance to you, since it IS so common in the MN spot these days.

Suggesting

Vivian Pearl

Vivian Sage

Vivian Maeve

Vivian Renee

Vivian Elise

Vivian Blair

Vivian Fern

Vivian Ivy

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    My DD's MN is Rose.  I have 3 cousins with that MN as well.  However, my grandmother's FN was Rose so a lot of people have named their LOs after her.  I don't mind it being common because it means a lot to me and is a beautiful name.  
  • Options
    It is a fairly common name, a lot of people do use it for a middle name. But I don't think it matters as much for a middle name and Vivian Rose is beautiful!!!
  • Options
    Thanks again, all your comments really make me go from "liking it" to "loving it"! @thisdecaflife the spelling is another topic, lol. I'm trying tackle one thing at time w DH but also prefer Vivienne   ;)
  • Options
    I think you are fine.
  • Options
    I think it's a beautiful name!
  • Options
    I like Rose.  We thought about Rose for my daughter's middle name, but went with a family name instead.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Options

Rose does sound nice with Vivian but Rose is so popular because it sounds nice with a lot of names. I much prefer a name that isn't so commonly used (Valentina is lovely!)

I also wanted to add that I prefer the spelling and pronunciation of Vivienne.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Options

TabH said:

Thanks again, all your comments really make me go from "liking it" to "loving it"! @thisdecaflife the spelling is another topic, lol. I'm trying tackle one thing at time w DH but also prefer Vivienne   ;)

I prefer Vivienne as well, but it is pronounced differently than Vivian.

Vivian: VIVI-an
    Vivienne- vivi-ENNE

Another poster here (I forget who) compared it to the difference between comedian and comedienne.
    Yes, I go back and forth, and prefer Vivienne (especially since historically Vivian was used as the masculine form of the name)... But we have some time to work on that :)
  • Options
    Rose does seem like it's becoming a popular "filler" middle name.  Vivian Rose is gorgeous, FWIW.  If you want something a little more unique, how about:

Vivian Dorothy
    Vivian Lara
    Vivian Lilah
    Vivian Linda
    Vivian Marcella
    Vivian Tamara
    Vivian Wendy
    Vivian Wren

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"