December 2013 Moms
Options

Emotional support needed :(

I just came down from putting O down for the night and tonight was the night that we put milk in a sippy and gave that to him before his nebulizer treatment and bed rather than me nursing him. I know that I could go longer nursing him at night and first thing in the morning, however, I feel like recently I can tell his nursing, especially the one between 4 and 5, is more about comfort and habit than hunger and nutrition. He had no problem with the milk in the sippy tonight but it made me cry that I am calling an end to it. Also, although we want more kids, there is no guarantee that we will have more, so it just really hit home that I might never have that relationship again. 

Upon further reflection, even though I have been thinking about it for a week or more, I don't know what made me decide tonight was the night as I am already super emotional. I got my first PP period on Sunday and my grandfather passed away last night. He was 94 years old and had lived a heck of a life, but that doesn't make me any less sad to see him go. 

tl;dr - I have decided to wean O in the middle of an emotional poo-storm...hold me.

Re: Emotional support needed :(

• Options
    So sorry to hear about everything you're going through and the weaning on top of it. Take care of yourself tonight for sure!!
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather and the emotions you're going through. My advice: Go to bed and get some rest. Things always seem better after a good night's rest, especially when you're super emotional.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lots of hugs to you tonight!
  • Options
    The end of breastfeeding is sad but like PP said, think about the next stage. We get to eat dinner as a family now, my husband gets to feed her and put her down, etc. She still reaches for me, smiles and squeals when she sees me and knows I'm her mom. Our bond is still there even though we're not nursing. Give it a couple days, a new routine will settle in. I'm sorry about your grandfather :(.

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. That's a lot to handle all at once, and hormones tend to magnify every emotion. Big hugs.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. 
    you can always wean super slowly.....no need to rush if you want to continue. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry for all you're going through. You can always take some extra time before weaning if that will help. No rush mama!
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone for your kind comments. For those of you who asked about weaning and if I could put it off a little longer, I really feel like now is the time. The last few feedings he has been hardly sucking, more comfort sucks than eating. I really think now is the time, although I might could have waited a day or two. :-/ I think I was freaking out a little bit though and now I have calmed down some so thank you for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"