September 2014 Moms

How are you keeping pics of LO off FB?

DH & I have not been shy about telling everyone that we don't want pics of DS on social media like FB. Well this weekend we visited with DH's cousin and family. The cousin took a pic of DH, DS and himself. I didn't think anything of it because he knows our feelings. Then I find the pic on FB. Not only am I pissed because he did this and we didn't want it but also a little irrationally upset because DS first pic was not posted by one of his parents. I don't believe the cousin did this on purpose. I think it's just the culture everyone feels the need to post everything they are doing. Both DH & I contacted the cousin to remove the pic.
My question is how are you all combatting this (if you also don't want pics on social media)? Do you limit friends/family from taking pics with a cell phone? Do you constantly mention your wishes everytime you see someone take LO's pic?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How are you keeping pics of LO off FB?

• We have told everyone they need to ask if they want to post apic. Sometimes we will say yes you can post or we will say no. We don't want our LO all over the Internet, and don't want people to post potentially embarrassing pictures of him he will hate later on. So far everyone has listened to our wishes though. It's your kid so if you don't want his pics on there speak up.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can only let people know your wishes which you've done. You can also set Facebook notifications so you have to approve tags in case they try to tag you as LO. I know it can be upsetting that people seemingly don't respect your wishes but oftentimes people are just excited for you and your LO and want to share how cute they are.
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Everyone except dh's daughter knows our feelings on this and have been very nice in not posting pictures other than her. In return for her dgaf attitude, she is not allowed around any of my children. (Not the first time going through this with her and she's fb friends with dh's ex and I'm not ok with that hag seeing my kids.)

I ask people to take pics down and report them if they don't. It's really easy to get things removed if you say harassment. (Ds1 doesn't have contact with his bio dad by court order. They saw him in the public library and took a pic then posted it on fb. I reported it every way I could because it was against court orders and it was taken down by fb. Fb even locked the account that posted it.)
  • We told everyone before she was born that we didn't want any pics of her on social media and everyone has respected that.
  • DH and I don't have fb, I have a private instagram, but that's it. I'd really rather not anyone be putting pictures up of any of my children, but people are idiots. Last halloween we stopped at an aunts house and by the time we got to the next house DD1s pic was on fb. Thanks for that! I'll send people pictures if I want them to have a fucking picture. (Sorry, I got all riled up thinking about complete randos seeing my babies on fb! I actually feel bad about putting LO on here, but I'd love her so damn much and wanted to show her off to y'all!!)
  • We have to approve tags on Facebook - so while the picture may be there, she isn't tagged in it without our permission.  But we have a Shutterfly album set up that we are encouraging people to add their pics to instead so, while the people we want to see pics can see pics, they aren't out on (as public of) social media.
  • My SIL posted about 10 pictures of LO when they visited us in the hospital. I just texted her and asked her to please take them down. I don't feel like I need to explain why I don't want 10 pictures of you holding my baby out there for your whole network to see. I post a few pictures but I just send them directly to people that I want to see more.
  • I created secret groups with family and a few friends where I post pictures and updates. I'm glad that I keep the settings pretty tight because one person tried to share a photo of dd on her wall but it did not allow for it. I was pretty pissed that a friend visited me in the hospital And then posted my baby all over instagram. I didn't find out until recently. Shittiest part, we aren't close friends, I'm not sure why she even came to visit me. (Only allowed it because her bf, which dh had known forever, brought me chicken corn chowder from wawa.)
    @pumpkinNhunny

How do you block people from sharing your pictures? I've tried but I can't seem to find a way to do this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"