January 2015 Moms

30 week appointment

What do they typically do at your 30 week appointment? Just a urine sample, bp, weight and heart rate? I have my appointment tomorrow but not really sure what to expect now that im going every two weeks.

Re: 30 week appointment

• From what I remember, I think it's one of the typical check ups, so yes, just the standard things you mentioned.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• In my experience last time, nothing changed about the appointments themselves aside from the frequency. I went past my EDD with DS, so I was going in every other day. We were seeing a lot of each other! 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor told me that around now we will start talking more at appointments about the birth and what to expect at the hospital, etc. But otherwise, the same stuff as before. 
    I am going to keep track of my questions and make sure to ask a lot at each appointment from now on.
  • My doctor said she usually sends her patients for a growth scan at 30 weeks (I'm going sooner due to "poor maternal growth"). However, she said it doesn't really tell her anything - it's more for the patients' peace of mind.

We also start having appointments every three weeks now that I'm in the third trimester. As far as I know, these will be the same as usual unless some sort of issue comes up.
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• My appointments aren't designated as "X" week appointments.  I just go monthly.  My last appointment was 29w1d at which I did my GTT and had a regular appointment (urine sample, BP, weight, fundal, heartbeat).  At that appointment she said now we start the every 2 week appointments.  

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• My 30 week appointment is tomorrow, but I moved to appointments every 2 weeks before my last appointment. I don't remember anything different about this appointment from my last pregnancies. From here on out, as long as you have no complications, your appointments will be pretty repetitive and quick--urine sample, weight, blood pressure, fundal measurement, heartbeat, etc. Your doctor will probably swab for strep B around 34 or 36 weeks, and weekly cervical checks will begin around the same time.
  • Urine sample? I think I've only ever done one throughout both of my pregnancies. Why would they need to check it so often if you have no symptoms of an infection?
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Pregnancy Ticker
  • elleswarthelleswarth member
    edited October 2014
    @JosephsSweetie‌ - You should be doing it at every appointment, especially towards the end. They check for:

Bacteria - could indicate infection
    Blood - indicate infection/kidney stones
    Protein - can indicate pre-eclampsia Ketones - can indicate poor nutrition Glucose - gestational diabetes
  • Nothing different. I think around 35 or 36 weeks you'll get the GBS test. Then if you decide to have cervix exams they'll start around 36 weeks.
    Otherwise your appts should be pretty standard.

• Nothing really changes, I think around 35 weeks my doctor started cervix checks (you can decline them if you want) I just liked hearing what was going on!
  • In my experience last time, nothing changed about the appointments themselves aside from the frequency. I went past my EDD with DS, so I was going in every other day. We were seeing a lot of each other! 
    Every other day- woah. I was over my EDD too but she kept it to weekly appts at the end. Glad it wasn't every other days. 

Like PP said, not much changes. Towards the end they might check your cervix but they are all pretty standard. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"