Working Moms

A whine before wine -update at bottom

MommyAttyMommyAtty member
edited October 2014 in Working Moms
Ugh. I'm out of town for an awards dinner. (Im not winning anything, it's just a good networking opportunity.) Because I'm in house at a really large company, im going to be like the chum in the shark tank. I hate these things. I suck at being social. So now it's time to go get dressed, head down to the bar for pre-drinks with one firm, and then head to the uncomfortable meet and greet with Firms 2-4 who I promised to say hello to. Then, in the morning, I head over to Firm 5's offices for coffee "since we won't be able to chat at this thing." I'd rather be hanging out with DH and the punkins tonight. Oh well, at least there's booze and for the first time in a couple of years, I'm attending this thing not pregnant. Doing this without wine is Geneva Convention-defined torture.

Re: A whine before wine -update at bottom

• Oh I hate those kinds of situations. I hope the snacks are good! The last one I went to had some really creative desserts, which I don't even like, but the displays were amazing. Oh, and a PHOTO BOOTH, because professional adults away from home with an open bar need encouragement to act like idiots.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat tonight.  I have an awards event from 6-9, but I can't even really drink the wine since I'm still pumping and nursing.  I have to hang out with a bunch of work people and network with a bunch of others and in the meantime, I'll need to find a place to pump during the event.  I'd love to just go home and hang with my DH and DD and skip this whole awards and networking junk!  
  • Loading the player...
  • K3am said:
    Networking events like that are the reason I developed an affinity for wine. I can't imagine going to a huge one knocked up. 

I have definitely been to less networking events while pregnant!  I never used them as an excuse to get drunk, but small talk sure is easier after at least one glass. 
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• So it turned out really well. I met a lot of other in house people, some customers of our company and some from other companies that share interests with mine. I endured the outside counsel stuff and tried to concentrate on how meeting these other people would help my company and my career. So it was worth it. (Still would rather have been home with my punkins.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"