Trying to Get Pregnant

Any tips on concieving? Been trying for over a year!

Been trying to concieve for over a year. I need any tips! Positive feedback please?

Re: Any tips on concieving? Been trying for over a year!

• Get an account with Fertility Friend, do its free tutorials, buy a BBT thermometer and start temping and charting your cycles on the FF app.  You could also add in cheapie OPKs.  The key to TTC is knowing when you ovulate, if you're not temping/charting you could be completely missing your fertile window each cycle. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Welcome! I recommend reading the newbie blog. It has great information. Also use the Fertility Friend app or website and get yourself a BBT. Using OPKs and observing CM can also help pinpoint your fertile window.

Since you've been officially trying for over a year, it may be time to make an appointment with your doctor to rule out any other concerns.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I use a calender or well an app on my phone. How do i get my basal body temp? And im taking prenantal vitamins. I already have a 2 year old so i figured it might be easier this time around.
  • Also is your SN a shortened version of your real name? If so, you should maybe change it to something a little less identifiable. Internet safety.
  • I use a calender or well an app on my phone. How do i get my basal body temp? And im taking prenantal vitamins. I already have a 2 year old so i figured it might be easier this time around.
    Calendars, whether they be phone apps or not, are not a good indicator of when you should be having sex.  To get your basal body temperature (BBT), buy a basal thermometer and start taking your temperature first thing when you wake up, before getting out of bed.  FertilityFriend explains this process in its FAQs and charting lessons very well.
    Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

#iStandWithTheMods #Solidarity
    TTGP Acronyms/Newbie Blog
    “I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson

I recommend Fertility Friend specifically, as most of these gals here will too. Many of the other apps try and predict ovulation, but FF will confirm it for you through temps. You can get a BBT at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc. in the family planning area near pregnancy tests, condoms, etc. Unfortunately, having a previous pregnancy doesn't necessarily mean TFAS will be just as "easy." Bodies are finnicky. Each cycle acts on its own.
  • Thanks everyone. It really helps. I have an app that charts me period and tells me when im fertile and when im ovulating.. ive been going by it for like 6 months....
    Calendars and other phone apps do not analyze your specific cycles to pinpoint when you might be ovulating.  Get an account with Fertility Friend and do the free tutorials there, they will teach you all you need to know about basal body temping.  Just because you have a child already does not make TTC easier, your cycles could very well be different this time around and you're just not hitting your fertile window.  The calendar and apps you might be using are based on average, and very few women are 'average' when it comes to how their bodies work.  FF allows you to put in all the information you can give it and will analyze that info to give you specific details about YOUR cycle.  Again, do the tutorials, they explain everything.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• modice11 said:

Also is your SN a shortened version of your real name? If so, you should maybe change it to something a little less identifiable. Internet safety.

Thank you. I just downloaded this app so lets see if i can figure it out!
  • Thanks everyone. It really helps. I have an app that charts me period and tells me when im fertile and when im ovulating.. ive been going by it for like 6 months....

I really do sympathize that it seems like these apps offer you so much data, so therefore it must have answers. I had another ovulation app, period app, etc. before I joined here and learned about FF. Without temping, your current app cannot possibly be telling you when you're ovulating. It's taking an educated guess, but it can't confirm for you. FF with temping will confirm it, and you'll be much better suited to hit that fertile window and increase your chances for BFPs.
    No, it doesn't. Delete it. It's worthless.

• Unfortunately an app can't tell you when you're ovulating. I concur with everyone else who suggested taking your BBT and keeping track of it via Fertility Friend. You'll be able to confirm that your timing around ovulation was good and understand how your body works since we're all different.
    Based on averages only, this app canont predict YOUR specific ovulation time just because it knows when your periods are.  Only temping along with Fertility Friend can pinpoint ovulation with any accuracy.  The other apps base ovulation on cycle day (CD) 14 being the average for when women ovulate.  But two women with the exact same cycle lengths can have very different ovulation days - two women with 28 day cycles could ovulate as much as a week apart in their cycles (one on CD12, the other on CD18) and that would be completely normal for either of them.  The app you're using is guessing based on when your period starts, nothing more. 

Please just go and get an FF account, the tutorials there will truly explain all of this better than we can!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Also my PH balanace is totally of wack.can that interfere?
  • I agree. Apps are crapp. I love FF. I thought(based on an app) that I knew when I was ovulating. I was wayyyyy off. Knowledge is power.
  • I agree with PPs about using something like Fertility Friend that you input your basal body temp into to calculate O, and/or using ovulation predictor kits (you can find them at any drugstore/Target/Walmart). If you've only been using your app to time sex, it's worth it to try to pinpoint your ovulation. However, if you've been having sex 2-3 times a week in general and you've been trying for a year, making an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist would not be out of line. That's only if you want to seek medical testing/intervention. If you're looking for a more scientific way to try on your own, fertility friend is great and they have wonderful tutorials on their website.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also my PH balanace is totally of wack.can that interfere?
    How do you know your PH balance is out of whack? 
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • See an RE if you are comfortable moving forward with testing.

What else have you been doing?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"