December 2014 Moms

Hodor 2.0!!!

Re: Hodor 2.0!!!

• I'm really interested in the red raspberry leaf tea but keep forgetting to drink it--thanks for the reminder @bowlwoman‌! It will help that the weather is going to turn cold starting tomorrow night here in NYC.

I also have better luck drinking enough water when I carry around my water bottle. It's a laziness thing with me--at work I'm less likely to refill my mug as much as I'd need to to have the same amount as a 2-3 refills of the bottle. I even started stopping at the water fountain on my way in so I don't have to walk all the way back down the hall after dropping my stuff off at my desk.

In other news, I feel like I've slowed down a lot over the past week or so. It takes me twice as long to cover a given distance as it did before.
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• I feel absolutely sorry for everybody in the North middle states this week. I'm already a whining pregcicle in Oregon, which is on the outer edge of this weather system! I hope you all have all the fuzzy socks and hot chocolate/coffee that you need!
  • Loading the player...
  • Big Hero 6 and the little movie beforehand were great! Cried like a baby... 

@MissChristineMarie - I think you are obsessed with that movie.

Test
  • My OB said I most likely won't go to 40wks with my 2nd since DD came exactly at 39wks.  This leaves me with 4 weeks left to go counting today.  Instead of anxiety, I just can't wrap my head around having a baby in 3-4 weeks....seems surreal to me

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• well, I had an emergency OB appointment due to my autoimmune shit, and we are definitely having a c-section next month.

I have pretty much been in complete denial, and ignoring anything c section related, so now I feel like I am a bit overwhelmed trying to learn everything I can
  • @JunkieBrewster‌ sorry about the c-section development--I bet you'll be able to get a handle on what to expect during the next few weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• Slaps said:
    Look what was in my Mayo clinic book my insurance company sent me, all you breech FTMs don't panic! I had to double look at it!
    That is a foot. Hanging out of a vagina. And you want me to NOT panic? 

I kid. 

It does sometimes feel like that, though. Like this kid is trying to kick her way out of me, feet first. 

D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Slaps‌ - that is SO disturbing
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • bowlwoman said:
    Serunatu said:
    I keep a water bottle by my bed, in my car, in my school bag.. pretty much anywhere so I always have something to sip if I remember. I definitely love zesting it up, but have been too lazy to add anything to it lately. Usually I add cucumber, mint, lemon, and ginger-it's called "sassy water".

@bowlwoman, I've been drinking pregnancy tea! Not sure how toned my uterus is, but it definitely helps me get extra water in every morning and night. I also feel like my acne has gotten better since drinking it? And I have noticed my cheeks get rosey red after a cup, so I think there's definitely some circulation work being done.
    Sassy water sounds yummy! I may have to try this. Do you have a specific ratio? Do you put the veggies/herbs in and let it steep for a certain amount of time? I need more details. :D
    It's really all about the taste you prefer! I like more cucumber/mint to lemon/ginger. If I'm making a single serving in a 20 oz water bottle I'll do 1-2 slice lemon, 3-4 slice cucumber, 1-2 mint leaves, and a small slice of fresh ginger. I'll wait at least 30 minutes to drink it. Or you can make a whole pitcher before bed and have it in the morning when you wake up! 
  • I want to eat my young.
    Can I eat my young?
  • Big Hero 6 and the little movie beforehand were great! Cried like a baby... 

@MissChristineMarie - I think you are obsessed with that movie.
    Beat me to this @CandEChicago‌ ! I was going to say I think she's commented on this movie 15 times haha

The artist formerly known as "amw0914"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• katehgee said:
    With all this poop talk I feel the need to tell you all that I haven't yet had my first post partum poop (I delivered Saturday). I'm kind of terrified and have taken so much colace in the hospital that I'm a little scared of pooping the bed.
    Are you hurting or do you feel okay? I think it was about 3 days pp for me with my first. LOTS of fluids. Oatmeal -- good fiber and also great for milk supply. 

FX things get moving for you soon, in a totally smooth, non-painful, non-pooping the bed way!

imageimageimageimage

• Please!!!! I was snooping through the n14 birth announcements and someone wrote that their baby "slid out after a few pushes" please for the love of god don't write that on your birth announcement!!
  • Please!!!! I was snooping through the n14 birth announcements and someone wrote that their baby "slid out after a few pushes" please for the love of god don't write that on your birth announcement!!

Cue gross mental picture of a slip-and-slide...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • a+m=dixon said:

So I made pancakes and hash browns for dinner. As I'm fixing my plate I get pregnancy brain and forget that I'd just put honey maple syrup on my hash browns and proceeded to put some ketchup on them. Then took a huge bite.

Ladies... It was heaven! It was like the gates opened up and the angels were singing to me! It was so good I then ate DH's (his fault for stopping at a friends house on his way home from work. Should have been here to defend his plate.)

Who knew pregnancy brain could be so wonderful.

Syrup's place is on pancakes and French toast ONLY!!!! I try to tell DH this constantly.

Pregnancy Ticker

• a+m=dixon said:

So I made pancakes and hash browns for dinner. As I'm fixing my plate I get pregnancy brain and forget that I'd just put honey maple syrup on my hash browns and proceeded to put some ketchup on them. Then took a huge bite.

Ladies... It was heaven! It was like the gates opened up and the angels were singing to me! It was so good I then ate DH's (his fault for stopping at a friends house on his way home from work. Should have been here to defend his plate.)

Who knew pregnancy brain could be so wonderful.

If you'd added a bit of vinegar and mustard, you'd have made BBQ sauce. :D

And I think my blood sugar spiked just reading your post. I miss carbs.
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am going to brag....

I got nearly 7 hrs of uninterrupted sleep last night. No tossing or turning and no pee breaks every 3 hrs.

Please share your wisdom. How did you accomplish this?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @rshamos‌ - I probably over exerted myself yesterday, had no nap, and I took a Tylenol PM. This combo normally knocks me out for 4 hrs and not 7hrs. I am still amazed.

@Slaps‌ - it's ok to dislike me for that.

Test
  • I have to laugh at the fact that this thread has been here weeks now and is only 46 pages... It speaks VOLUMES!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Slaps said:

I am going to brag....

I got nearly 7 hrs of uninterrupted sleep last night. No tossing or turning and no pee breaks every 3 hrs.

I just need to know how you avoided going pee that long...??
    I think she was wearing an adult nappy!

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited November 2014
    I seriously cannot be the only one who never wakes up in the middle of the night to pee.
    I think I did one time this entire pregnancy, but the dog was also crying to go outside, so I was up anyway.
    he is still transverse, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  • I seriously cannot be the only one who never wakes up in the middle of the night to pee

I try to ignore the need to pee until at least 5am
  • @JunkieBrewster‌ I don't always have to go in the middle of the night. Normally I'm tossing and turning so I'm already awake and I figure "what the hell I might as well just go pee"
  • CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited November 2014
    Slaps said:

I am going to brag....

I think she was wearing an adult nappy!

-------------
    Once I get my waterproof mattress cover I am going to have to try this combo. ;)

Test
  • CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited November 2014

I am going to brag....

-----------------
    Real answer....I have no friggin' clue.

Test
  • I have been going pee only once a night, until the last two nights and then it's been up to twice.  Really preferred only having to get up once.
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CandEChicago OMG I had some good sleep as well. Not as good as yours but good none the less. I fell asleep on the couch at 8pm and woke at 9:30 and got in the bed and didn't wake till 4am for the bathroom fell totally rejuvenated today!!! *high five* the good sleep. Watch it be like the last time for either of us lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• I do can sleep through the night without getting up to pee. :)

I happen to be part camel and my hump is what I affectionatly call my ass hehe

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Oh gawd. I'm with MCM. Just reading about people not peeing makes me have to pee.

I'm starting to think my little guy is a boxer in training and just enjoys using my bladder as his punching bag. I'm one of those people that will be fine one second and literally jump up the next because baby is punching the bladder.
    I also have to pee frequently and am up 2-4x per night. 

I did not experience this with my first. I think this time the difference is how baby is laying. I feel a lot more movement and pressure lower this time. 

imageimageimageimage

• @misskilljoy I tried to trim for my last OB appointment. There are some patches that I missed. But, I think bc it has been so long, it does NOT feel good growing back in. My butt is kind of raw from it! I'm just going to let nature take its course and pretend like I'm filming "The Miracle of Life" when I deliver. 

I'm glad everything is okay! It's never fun to have to go to in for bloodwork, especially emergency bloodwork!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"