March 2015 Moms

Pity Party, Table for 1, please!

I am not in a good place anymore. This is my 2nd HG pregnancy. 1st was hg, 2nd not... I thought I was in the clear. 3rd is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I figured by now, 18w, I would feel better. I was up 3 times last night to puke. I can't eat any meat, salad (lettuces, many veggies), cow's milk, or anything with fake seasonings ("ranch", chips like Cheetos or sour cream and cheddar, mac & cheese etc.). With the no meat comes anything with meat-ish flavors... no gravies, no stovetop stuffing, no Bolognese sauce. I feel so trapped because nothing stays down. I have been eating tomatoes and mozzarella... I had a biscuit with butter yesterday that didn't stay down.

I'm already on a ton of meds, including the Zofran pump... and losing about 1/2 a lb a day. I am just so frustrated with myself and I don't think this is fair and I want to feel better. I am out of sites to stick myself, I am covered with welts from the meds... and the home health company keeps telling me that they don't monitor the meds, that I need to go to my regular doc to get them changed. I am overwhelmed at work right now. I just think I should fill out the FMLA paperwork, take the time off, and go to sleep or something until this is all over. :(

Just needed to vent.

imageimageimage

Re: Pity Party, Table for 1, please!

• I have no experience with actual hg so I'm just posting to offer my support and condolences that you are going through this. My ms is still making appearances at 22 weeks and that's bad enough, I can't imagine how you must feel. I really hope it eases up for you and I'd probably take time off too
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • That sounds hellish :( I'm so sorry.  Is there nothing the doctors can do for you?  I've never had HG before so I can't offer much as far as advice but I'll be thinking of you and hoping things get better!
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry you are going through this - it sounds horrible.  I hope you are able to arrange things to take some time off quickly and that you have a supportive partner, family or friends who can help you.
  • I have just standard MS not the nasty HG stuff, I'm sorry that you are experiencing such a crummy time.  Nothing to offer but *creepy hugs*
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks girls. I finally broke down at home yesterday and told my husband that it would be really nice if even one time I was sick he'd get up and ask if I needed anything, even if I say no. He's supportive, helps with our other 3 boys, but I just think he thinks this is just part of the pregnancy deal and he doesn't need to run to my rescue every time I am sick (which btw I wouldn't expect, but still). Most of my fam/friends still "cracker" me to death. "My sister just needed ginger ale. Have you tried ginger ale?". Even though I drag around this pump all day, they still think it's normal ms.

I don't know what else they can do. I can usually keep fluids down so I avoid the hospital, and that is my midwife's concern... staying hydrated. My a/s is next week... I was trying to make it til then.

imageimageimage
  • I'm sorry you're having a tough time. Hugs.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • That sounds awful. I have no advice either but wanted to offer my support. I really hope it eases up for you soon
  • I am so sorry that you are going through this.  I have no experience with HG, but I do know that many people simply do not understand how bad it can be.  I had pretty bad MS, but nothing compared to HG.  I felt both physically and emotionally run down before I started to feel better.  Stay strong and do whatever you feel you need to do.  

for suzyq0525
  • So sorry, hope things get better for you soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't really have advice but you have my sympathy
  • Oh honey I am so sorry you are going through this. I wish I had something helpful to tell you, but I don't. I wish your situation was different. Keep fighting mama, stay strong.
  • Oh my, I'm so sorry. I am miserable with regular MS, I can't imagine how you are feeling.

If you can swing time off, I would. Hope you feel better soon!

Me: 29, DH: 30

Married: April, 2011; TTC: July, 2012

Dx: MFI; June '14 IVF w/ ICSI: 11R, 8M, 5F... 1 5dt, beta #1: 213, beta #2: 621, beta #3: 8545!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry. Lots of hugs.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• I'm sorry, that sounds absolutely miserable! I think you totally deserve a pity party considering what you're going through. Hopefully your H will be open to your suggestion and show a little more support. Small gestures can go a long way.
  • I went into the doc to see about more meds or changes. She put me on "bed rest" for the rest of the week. Told me to take all my meds and sleep... and eat as much of whatever I can when it sounds good.

If you need me, I'll be crashed on the couch.

imageimageimage
  • I'm so sorry. I really hope things get better soon.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Have you tried crackers?  Okay, okay- I'll stop, just trying to make you laugh!

Sorry you are going through this crap.  Hope you are able to get some relief with your bed rest and hope it this goes away soon.
  • That's terrible:( I can't even imagine having 3 boys to take care of & working without having to deal with the HG, you poor thing!
  • I am so sorry you feel awful! I vote for taking time off... Even a few sick days to recharge somehow or to at least have space to feel bad without having to deal with work. :(
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry you are going through all of this. Please try to take some time off for yourself. I hope you start to feel better hun. ((hugs))
    Pregnancy Ticker
          ---------- For SuzyQ---------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"