February 2013 Moms

Share your chicken enchilada recipe, please!

Do you have a chicken enchilada recipe that your family loves?  I'd love to see it, please!  Bonus points if it's easily doubled and freezes well.  I have a slow cooker, but i don't think it works very well; it doesn't seem to get bubbly hot, so I'm nervous about cooking chicken in it.  TIA!

Re: Share your chicken enchilada recipe, please!

• Not technically a chicken enchilada but I bet it would be yummy if you added chicken to it:

https://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/51156/spinach-enchiladas-verde

Both DH and DD love it. I use pepper jack cheese in the grownups' enchiladas and regular Monterey Jack in DD's. Very easy to double the recipe. I haven't tried freezing them yet, but now I kind of want to, because they'd make a quick, easy dinner! I think next time I make them, I'm going to double it and freeze half. ;-)

• Loading the player...
  • Cook's Illustrated slow cooker cookbook has a great chicken enchilada recipe, but I can't find the recipe online right now. This may be a good one from Cook's Illustrated if you want to freeze it:https://www.food.com/recipe/freezer-chicken-enchiladas-cooks-country-488170
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • These are excellent - they freeze well and are great if you don't want to freeze too.  It makes a bunch so you can make some for dinner once night and freeze for the future.  Yum!

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Neither of mine are healthy.
    1. Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
    1 family size can of Cream of Chicken Soup
    16 oz Sour Cream
    2cups Chedder Cheese
    4-6 chicken breasts. Cooked and shredded
    Corn Tortillas
    Green chili's
    Chicken Broth to desired thickness
    Seasonings to taste
    Mix the soup, sour cream, 1/2 of the cheese, green chilis, and chicken. Cook till bubbly. Add chicken broth to desired texture.
    Then you can either make enchiladas or layer casserole. I usually layer as it's hard to keep the tortillas soft enough. Spray the pan and cover the bottom with tortillas then pour half the mixture over the tortillas. Then another layer of tortillas and the rest of the mixture. Then the last layer of tortillas and rest of the cheese. Bake till edges are bubbly.
    2. Chicken Enchilads
    2 cans green Enchilada sauce
    1 cup uncooked rice
    1-2 cups Chicken broth
    2-4 chicken breast cooked and shredded
    Chedder cheese
    Corn tortillas
    Cook the rice in the enchilada sauce and chicken broth till done. Then add the chicken. Soften the corn tortillas however you choose. Put a couple scoops of the mixture in the tortilla with cheese then roll and place seam down. Continue till all the mixture is gone. Put cheese on top and bake 15-20 mins.
    Both I bake at 350 degrees.
    Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors. I'm on my phone and have been intrruped many times by my toddler.

Together since July 21 2002

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• luxannie said:
    @fishes‌ How do you boil chicken and how do you know when it's done? That sounds like a super easy way to make shredded chicken. I'm terrible in the kitchen and start fires...so boiling sounds safe.
    I boil chicken for my chicken corn noodle soup. Just put chicken drumsticks in the bottom of a large pot, fill with enough water to cover the chicken, bring to a boil, then cover and lower the heat a bit to cook for about 35 minutes. After they cool, pull the chicken off the bones. It usually takes about a half hour for the chicken to be cool enough for me to handle. 

I also cook drumsticks in the microwave. It's kind of cheating but it works and doesn't take as long as boiling. I put wax paper on the bottom and over top of the chicken on a plate, and microwave for 10-15 minutes depending on how many drumsticks I'm cooking. 
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• If making it from the box that you get in the Mexican section doesn't count then I second the skinnytaste recipe I love them.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"