Trouble TTC
Options

Progesterone Tablets

I had some questions about the Progesterone Tablets. I am on my first letrozole/HCG trigger cycle since a uterine septum removal surgery I had in June.  After the Ovulation Trigger, my RE started me on vaginal progesterone tablets 100mg 2 times a day for Luteal Support.

As soon as I started them, I had so much Creamy CM that I needed a liner!  It was awful!!  Is that normal??? Now I'm on 13 dpo and the CM is more sticky...sorry if this is TMI!

I took a pee stick test this morning and got a BFN on a dollar store cheapy.  It's so discouraging because last night I had the most vivid realistic dream that I kept getting positive tests.  I woke up devastated it was only a dream.  My RE told me to test on Thursday the 23rd and if I get a negative, then I stop the progesterone tablets, get a period, and we start over again.

If for some miracle I am actually pregnant with a negative test on the 23rd, will stopping the progesterone hurt anything??  I don't want to mess anything up!  I am exhausted from all the different fertility treatments, drugs, ultrasounds, appointments and I just want to make sure I don't hurt a potential pregnancy.  I have faith my doctor knows best, but I wanted to see if any of you had a similar situation.

This cycle is making me so crazy.  My chart shows a sustained higher temperature, but I believe that is due to the progesterone tablets, am I correct?  Thank you!!  

On an unrelated note: I also want to include my story under my posts with my signature but don't know how!  I see a lot of you have your age and your TTTC journey timelines, but I can't figure it out :(

My Chart Below

Me: 28 DH: 29
TTC since July 2013
September 2013 period still hasn't started since getting off BC
October 2013 OBGYN prescribed 4 months of unmonitored Clomid
3 Months of Clomid, ovulated once
Opted to not do 4th cycle without proper testing found new OBGYN
January 2014 new OBGYN diagnosed me with PCOS ordered ultrasound
January 2014 Ultrasound found possible uterine septum
February 2014 MRI confirmed uterine septum, referral to RE
March 2014 RE scheduled septum removal for late June
Benched due to possible miscarriages if falling pregnant, back on BC
June 2014 Septum Removal surgery, hysteroscopy/laparascopy
Laparascopy revealed mild endometriosis
Benched until September 2014 for recovery and healing
October 2014 - First letrozole, HCG trigger, TI cycle, 18mm follie
November 2014 - BFP - loss at 6 weeks
January 2015 - Green light to try again 18mm follie, letrozole, HCG trigger 
January 2015 - BFP - two ultrasounds and strong heartbeat found on Doppler!!!

Re: Progesterone Tablets

• Options
    I figured out the signature, just had to re-read the Newbie Read First post again! :)
    TTC since July 2013

• Options
    If you don't feel comfortable trusting the HPT at 14DPO (which makes absolute sense, because there are that small % of pregnancies that could show a false negative), you could ask for a blood pregnancy test to make sure before stopping progesterone. There have been a few threads here where women were discussing whether to go for the beta or just trust the HPT and stop progesterone. 
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply!  I think getting a blood test would put my mind at ease for sure.  

I wouldn't have to go to the RE office to get a blood test would I?  It's far away and costs an arm and a leg to park there.  
    TTC since July 2013

• Options
    The progesterone is totally gross, and yes, you should buy a big box of liners. My understanding is that stopping it can trigger bleeding, so you should talk to a doctor and obtain advice before you stop taking this (or any) medication.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    As I told my DH, when I'm on the progesterone, something is constantly leaking out of me.  Sometimes, if I go somewhere I know I won't be able to get to a bathroom quickly, I stick a tampon in.  I also use a lot of thin pads.

My RE's stance is that I need the blood test confirmation in order to stop the progesterone.  
  • Options

Some of the discharge you're experiencing could be from the tablet itself, but in addition to that, progesterone causes creamy (non fertile) CM, so what you're experiencing is completely normal.

I agree with pp about getting betas drawn before stopping the progesterone.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    My RE requires a blood test before stopping Progesterone. I was told if you it could trigger bleeding also, like emmuffy said. Good luck.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    I HATE the progesterone suppositories. In my opinion it was the worst part of each cycle. The side effects are awful. I would basically get PMS symptoms x10, along with vivid dreams and the nasty discharge. Just make sure to wear liners and you'll be fine.

As far as the testing goes, I was told the same as you, to test at home 14dpo and if it was neg to stop the progesterone. So that's what I did. AF would show up a couple days later. My RE never did betas to confirm the BFN. We would just start up again with an u/s on cd3.

So I think it all depends on your doc. Def something to ask about if you're concerned. GL!!
    :: Me: 30 ~ DH: 27 ::
       :: TTC since Oct 2013 ~ NTNP since Dec 2010 ::
    :: DX: PCOS Characteristics & MFI ::
    ~May 2014: 1st Consult with RE~
    ~SA #1/#2 (low on all #'s), HSG (found non-threatening uterine fibroid)~
    ~*1500mg Metformin Daily*~
    *June: Medicated Cycle #1: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN* 
    *July: Medicated Cycle #2: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
     *Aug: Medicated Cycle #3: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
    *Sept: IUI #1: 5mg Letrozole + Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone = BFN*
    Possibly Looking at IVF.. RE Suggested DH See a Urologist Before Moving On With Treatments 
    *Currently on a Break*
    ~*All Welcome*~

::: 3T November Siggy Challenge: Animals Being Jerks:::
  • Options
    Update:  Went to clinic to get a blood test.  HCG was at a 5.  They said we need to re-test on Monday to see if it increases or decreases before they will let me stop taking the progesterone.  It's such a low number but it is right at that border of pregnant/non pregnant.  I'm not holding on to very much hope as I know that number is not promising.  I know when I ovulated and I'm already 15dpo now.  :( 

TTC since July 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"