2nd Trimester
Options

do you actually get your energy back??

I am almost 12 weeks, and am so exhausted all the time! I can barely make it through the work day, let alone exercise, catch up on cleaning, cook big dinners..

Everyone says the second trimester you get your energy back. Would you say thats true? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: do you actually get your energy back??

• Options
    Yep! That's why they call the 2nd trimester the "honeymoon phase". It might still take a few more weeks but it will come at some point. That is until you hit the 3rd and everything comes crashing down again hah
    image image
    DD#1 12.26.12 | DD#2 EDD: 5.4.15
  • Options
    Yes, I was really tired and sleeping at 7pm and nodding off after eating during 1st Tri, it does get better, I have more energy in 2nd tri, I go to sleep a little later and my eyes no longer close when I'm finishing my meal.

During 2nd tri, leg cramps, breathlessness and lots of movement begin (ligament pains, kicking, stretching).
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't but I am having twins so maybe that is the reason... if you don't get any energy back talk to your doctor and check for low iron.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    With my first pregnancy I definitely got a boost in energy once I hit 2nd tri. I just entered that with this pregnancy but already feel a difference. Was not as drained in 1st tri with this pregnancy either but I find myself waking up early on weekends now and knocking out a killer to do list! Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2nd tri has been better than 1st, but I'm still at a lower energy level than what is normal for me. 

• Options
    It was around week 20 that my energy improved. Don't give up hope! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't say it returned to pre-pg energy level, but I feel WAY less exhausted than first tri. I can function now.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! I'd say my energy returned around 18-20 weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I won't give up hope, and will keep my fingers crossed! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    2nd trimester is less nausea and a bit more energy - im 21 weeks today - but I am still not running on all cylinders like before  pregnancy 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

photo march_zps6c968eb7.png
    BFP! June 25, 2014        EDD: 3/4/15
    Married May 2011 
    Me 27 -- DH 31 
    Loving parents of 2 beautiful chihuahuas 
  • Options
    I have a little more energy than 1st Tri but I am not like bursting with energy or anything.
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My energy has improved since first tri- but for an example pre pregnancy I could stay up til 11 to go to work at 6am. 1st tri I had to nap mid day then go to bed at 9-10. Now I don't need the nap but I'm in bed by 930-10 weekdays and LATEST midnight on weekends.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In my first tri. It felt like I slept 19 of the 24 hours in a day, and puked the other 5! I was very relieved that my energy came back around 13 weeks and puking is gone!! ... Until tri 3 I'm sure ...
  • Options
    I am almost napping daily still. Some days are better than others.
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I am 25 weeks and I feel more tired these days than I have throughout the entire pregnancy. I wish I had energy!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    For me it was definitely true. My first trimester wasn't as bad as many I have heard of, but I focused a lot on eating healthy (even if it tasted so gross) and exercising to have at least some energy. Then suddenly around 14 weeks I felt amazing. At 25 weeks I still feel awesome. I am starting to get into the achey phase as my belly is expanding and exercising is getting more difficult, but I just keep at it because exercise and eating well helps me get good sleep and feel good about my changing body. And it will pay off during delivery/post partum. So my best advice is lots of protein, lots of water, clean diet, and exercise every day. You only have a few more months of this anyways so might as well try you best to enjoy it! 

On days I feel like my energy is zapped, we go for a swim or a long walk and I usually feel a whole lot better. If it it was the last thing I wanted to do at the time, I'm always glad I did.  "Objects in motion stay in motion" lol 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    i'm 19 1/2 weeks and still exhausted.. some women don't get energy back at all and some do. hopefully your one of the lucky ones and you'll get it back in a few weeks. personnaly i'm just happy my morning sickness is gone

• Options

26 weeks and I am more tired now than ever.

I work full time and traing dogs part time so I have little down time...doesn't help that I pee like 8 times a night so I don't get a decent sleep!

• Options
    Where is this "honeymoon phase"? I'm 23 weeks and still tired as all get up. I get like one day a week where I can do more than two tasks in a day lol It's awful!
  • Options
    At almost 19 weeks I'm still waiting on all of my energy to come back. I don't want to go to sleep a 8 pm anymore but I am asleep before 9:30. But it might be because I can't stay alseep passed 5:30.
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • Options
    22w and I fell asleep at my desk at work this week. So no, the energy boost is escaping me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is my 3rd child and no bump in energy.
  • Options
    Before I got pregnant I would take half a caffeine pill in the morning and use a vitamin patch once a week. I had to give that up immediately when I found out I was pregnant. I was sleeping all day and night. Now I'm 6 months and I'm sleeping less often. Occasionally I will need a quick nap because of back pains. I actually have energy to clean the house now and love it. I am worried it won't last long though
  • Options
    I'm 21 weeks and I have a teeny tiny bit more energy, but I am still pretty tired. Waking up for work this week has been very difficult.
  • Options
    I'm going to bed later now. But, I'm not exactly full of pep.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    I discovered that you do! I am 16 weeks now and feel loads better! :) There is hope!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hell no. I'm as tired, if not more tired than the first tri.
  • Options
    I was going to bed at 8 and napping every single day when my other children napped. I cleaned nothing, did nothing. It was the worst! But by about 14 weeks I stopped needing the nap (every day :-) ) and can once again stay up until 10. It gets better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I wish! Speaking of which, time for my nap! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I am only starting to feel better at 17 weeks and a few days. You assume once the 2nd trimester hits it will be magically. I feel like your body still needs to recover from the exhaustion and in my case nausea of the first trimester. I still feel the rare gag reflex and minor adversion to certain foods but overall don't feel ill for the first time in months.
  • Options
    ruby2315ruby2315 member
    edited January 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"