October 2013 Moms
Options

Just for funsies: What would your in-laws say?

We did this once with the question of what would our husbands say, but if your MIL/FIL/other ILs were on a forum like TB, what do you think they'd say about you?  Aaaaaaand go!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Just for funsies: What would your in-laws say?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. maybe not so funsie after all?  #-o image

• Options
    I think mine would pretend that she agrees that she has the greatest dil ever.  She would talk about all the things I do for/with dd.  She'd talk about how great I am, etc.  

If she were being honest with how she feels she'd probably say I'm a know it all,  I'm too straight forward, and I have a mouth on me. 
    :-@

• Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, this isn't going to go well for most people.  :)  

MIL and FIL would say they are disappointed their son didn't marry someone Asian, that we need to let them babysit already, that we're turning LO against them because she screams and cries when she visits, and that we don't visit enough.  

SIL2 would say I stole her brother from her, tore apart the family, and wishes we would get divorced.  

SIL1 would say she loves me like the sister she wishes she could have had and that she's glad I see through her family's BS (at least one of my ILs likes me :) )

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm controlling and don't let them see the kids enough.

You know because once a week isn't enough.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    I actually really like my IL's and as far as I know... they really like me. Only thing I can think of is that MIL didn't like that I BF for so long because she always wanted to feed DS. Now she'd probably say I need to spend more time cleaning my house.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I don't like this game. :((
  • Options
    MIL would probably say I'm a bossy know-it-all. Which I am, but I try really hard not to be. It's a daily struggle. My DH first wife was a bitch and not nice to my in-laws. So pretty much anything I do is a step up in their eyes. Lucky for me!
  • Options
    I honestly have no idea what my MIL would say. Truth be told, she's so strange and self-absorbed, I doubt she'd think enough of me to want to say anything at all. Maybe that I don't send enough cards? This from the woman who sent her grandson a Happy Halloween card the first week in October, then sent me a text wishing Cam a happy birthday on the 19th (his birthday is the 14th). TBH, she gets along better with me than with her son.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I don't like this game. :((
    Sorrrryyyyy! I was just trying to get some action on this board.

• Options
    MIL passed away 2 years ago so she never knew us as parents but I know her well enough to say she would say I'm amazing and loving and try my hardest. But that I am overly cautious with DS and that she doesn't understand new things.

FIL and SMIL would say we don't come over enough. That I'm over bearing and that they have raised kids and know what they are doing even if it isn't my way. But they respect me enough to do it my way because I am the parent.
  • Options

MIL would say nice things about me but she would get every story about 80% wrong.  Also my babies are geniuses and understood the English language at 3 months. 

SIL would start off saying something nice about me but would quickly bring the story around so that it was about herself and how difficult her daughter is and how she gave up everything and her daughter is so ungrateful and she can't figure out why because she was BEST FRIENDS with her mother and she thought she would be best friends with her daughter. 

image4months_2radioflyer

• Options
    I like my MIL and I *think* she likes me too. We both have our faults, of course, but I have never said anything bad about her, so I hope she wouldn't say anything bad about me. I think she would say she loves how much I love and take care of "her boys."

I'm not going to touch on either of my SILs, though.
    imageimage
  • Options
    We have a good relationship so i hope it doesn't sound like I'm tooting my own horn. My ILs would say I'm a great mother and wife and that I do a lot for my family (and their family). FIL would say he's impressed that I can do "manly" things every once in a while and MIL would say I cook well but don't bring LO over enough.
  • Options
    I like my inlaws and I think that for the most part they like me. I think they would say I'm good for dh and they are glad he married me. I'm sure mil also thinks I'm overbearing and loud and a control freak when it comes to DD, but she wouldn't be completely wrong.
  • Options
    A lot of ambiguous diggs about my personality and parenting style. She often says things like "I never thought you would let your baby play with other children at a park," "How odd that you let her pick out her own clothes" or "I am surprised you allow her to finger paint"  
    November: Doing my own thing

• Options
    I'm not sure if MIL knows she had a DIL...

• Options
    My MIL has kind of lost her marbles in the past year and a half (as you might remember from my previous posts). I think she would say that I am too independent. She would also say that I am too blunt and up front and that I hold grudges. 

TBH, I do hold a grudge against her for being a complete asshat to my child!!

• Options
    That I'm a bossy bitch. I am. It would be the truth.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options
    Lia1303 said:

@MangoMama82‌ yeah. She thinks DH is also morally corrupt for getting the divorce. But in her mind, no self respecting woman would date/marry a man who is already committed to someone else as far as God is concerned.
    She's actually gotten a lot better since DS has been born, but every once and awhile she will make some sideways comment. Which usually ends up in DH telling her that we will leave if it continues.

:-O

• Options
    I'm 110% sure that my MIL has found me on TB because she keeps tabs on everyone and finds ways to have "dirt" on them. The things that we have heard that she has said about me, my family and her Son (my husband) are absolutely crazy and hard to believe they would come out of the mouth of a Mother.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"