October 2013 Moms
Options

Utensils?

Are your kids using utensils yet? I can't remember when I started with O.
                                                 imageimage
                                    Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                     Lilypie - (aqIx)

Re: Utensils?

• Options
    We've tried putting a little puree on there and it usually makes it in her mouth, but not before the other end goes in first, it gets all over her hands, and then on her clothes, etc.  

The other day she had a spoon on her tray and some puffs and she attempted to put a puff on the spoon.  It was hilarious and she failed for the most part, but I was glad to see she was making the association.

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SeeJayEmm said:
    Nope. We've tried pre loading the spoon for him, and he does put it in his mouth, but then it goes in his hair, on his face, on the floor etc. he def doesn't understand the concept of using it to eat food yet.
    This exactly.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    he chews on one while he eats, but not for the intended purpose. it's more of a toy at this point.

• Options
    Not even close. He likes to play with the spoon but doesn't get the whole put it in food and then in his mouth thing.
  • Options
    no way.  They are pretty good with their hands, so I had been hoping they would be early adopters of silverware technology, but so far no luck. Sometimes they like to help me as I bring the spoon or fork to their mouth but if I let go, the contents of said spoon or fork go flying across the room.

image4months_2radioflyer

• Options
    We just started attempting the spoon thing. He gets the concept but it's more of a game at this point I think. He eventually gives up and just uses his hands. 
  • Options
    I give her a spoon on occasion but she just plays w it. She loves to feed herself so I may try to give it to her more often in the near future.
    < image
  • Options
    I haven't even tried. She does well with her hands, so I mostly give her foods she can feed herself. She did grab a fork today and pretend to feed us, so I was wondering if it was time to try. I think I'll wait a bit still.
  • Options
    My daughter does pretty well with the fork. She has just started stAbbing at food and gets pretty excited when she is successful! The spoon is hit or miss but she actually use to be much better at the spoon when it had been preloaded. Now that she wants to load it herself success is not the norm :)
  • Options
    I didn't even realize this was something we are supposed to be doing
  • Options
    When we first started solids I bought num num dips on amazon. Most of the time she can do it, but sometimes she plays around.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    He uses a spoon when he's feeling gentlemanly. Mostly he just uses his hands. Although, he has been more interested in using forks and spoons lately.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"