September 2012 Moms

That thread that I had every intention of posting yesterday...

Okay, so I need some help pulling the kids' rooms together.

We'll start with Ben's.  His room is painted this color, repose grey:

Carpets are a pale grey also, and trim will be bright white.

I bought this wall art yesterday, except with a 'B' obviously

His furniture is dark, almost-espresso, and this is his crib bedding...

So really, for Ben, I need curtains/shades.  I'm torn between blackout roman shades, or curtains, and then what color?  Navy?  Is that too matchy matchy? I'm obviously overthinking, but his bedroom at our current house was jut thrown together, so I'd like to make his new one nice.

This is the space I am working with (no trim yet, clearly)

Re: That thread that I had every intention of posting yesterday...

• And as far as Hannah's room goes, I'm completely lost.

Her carpeting is the same pale grey, trim will be white, and this is the wall color, mindful grey (ignore the arrow)...

And this is the space I am working with...

Her furniture is white, and she loves polka dots.  I have a plain white down comforter, with a bright pink and white polka dot duvet...but I don't even know if I like it anymore.

So I am starting from scratch here.

• I haven't gotten to Hannah's room but I love navy, white and yellow together with the gray. I think doing a yellow curtain, like pale yellow would be awesome! Also we have black out shades on DS's windows and then some linen curtains. The curtains are more for the look. I think it looks really nice. We've gotten all of our blinds from blindsaver.com. We've gotten then for an awesome price and they are wonderful blinds!

• Loading the player...
  • I am in love with grey and yellow right now, so I love pokedot's idea of throwing yellow in there.  We love the blackout curtains we have for Aedan's room though, so if you wanted to go the blackout curtain route, I would do it in Navy.  I don't think it would be too matchy.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• What about pulling some baby blue in for bens room? Are you looking for panels or a valence ?
    https://www.landofnod.com/all-solar-systems-go-curtain-panels/f7171

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For Hannah, what about bright pink with lavendar? Or light pink and navy? Too much navy?

• For Ben's window, I would do a dark brown roman shade and a large navy and white stripe curtain covering both sides of the wall, exposing the window, and a bench/toy storage under the window. Let me try to make that into a picture.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I think you could do the navy blackout curtains in Ben's room.  We have them for Grants (Navy and his walls are a pale blue) and its been helpful in putting the little guy to bed in the summer.  Plus most of the blackout curtains are also energy efficient.  I know our windows are only 9 years old and still get cold in the winter...

Also if you are looking to break up the grey for either child's room, you could do add an area rug for a pop of color near where the bed is.  In shades of blue for Ben and pinks for Hannah.  We always had these in our rooms as kids (and i am looking for one for DS's room) as my mom used to them to save our carpets (high traffic areas like in front of the bed or where we played).  Plus it was an easy way to decorate our room and change it once we decided we wanted a different color.

my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Here you go. I also like pops of green with navy. Really anything looks good with navy. Some burnt red would be cool too.

Window seat

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited October 2014
    I like these green details. You can probably find a green nautical print for a cover on the bench/toy storage. And do green and/or dark woven straw baskets under.

Great idea for kids - put pictures of what's supposed to be inside on the outside! And other good organizing tips

Or this is cute with some burnt red
    imageimage

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    Here you go. I also like pops of green with navy. Really anything looks good with navy. Some burnt red would be cool too.

Window seat
    I love those curtains.  Any idea where they're from?

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited October 2014
    BPer said:
    hmp1 said:
    Here you go. I also like pops of green with navy. Really anything looks good with navy. Some burnt red would be cool too.

Window seat
    I love those curtains.  Any idea where they're from?
    Pretty sure they are Target twin duvets hung with curtain clips. I have it pinned for an idea to cover a large window/ wall. James' room has two windows that have about a foot of space from the window molding to the wall. I am thinking about doing this (duvets) on either window and having it go all the way to the wall. But navy and white bold stripe curtains shouldn't be hard to find.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• For Hannah, what about bright pink with lavendar? Or light pink and navy? Too much navy?
    I like the pink & navy idea also...

• hmp1 said:
    If I had a girl, I would do soft pink or peach and gold.

I am loving all of these ideas. My brain is completely fried from decision making.

• Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited October 2014
    This came up in a Google search!
    https://caitlinwilson.com/paint-suggestions/

• @BPer I found these on Groopdealz this morning if you plan to go the route that @hmp1 showed, which by the way is my favorite!

https://www.groopdealz.com/deal/vinyl-wall-dots-5-styles/31782/newsletter?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

• Pokedot said:

@BPer I found these on Groopdealz this morning if you plan to go the route that @hmp1 showed, which by the way is my favorite!

https://www.groopdealz.com/deal/vinyl-wall-dots-5-styles/31782/newsletter?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

Omg those are perfect.  Thank you!

• You could do pops of yellow with that color as well. My boys have a grey and white accent wall with black and white bedding and pops of yellow. I've added a pic minus the solid grey panels we added to the window.
  • I love the gold for Hannah's room! I want to do mismatched florals for número dos and I think I'll throw in gold!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • @hmp1‌ The bedding you suggested for Hannah. Where'd you find it?

• I put that board together for a friend about 6 months ago but I think the bedding was Land of Nod, possibly R&H or Serena & Lily.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Can't find the comforter, sorry. Sheets are Land of Nod, the blue quilt is Serena & Lily. Everywhere has cute light pink options for the comforter though.  Also, let me spend more of your money and get this to keep her play kitchen and a small tea table in (R&H Baby)!

Petite Maison Playhouse

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I want to do a bed or reading nook like this for the girls

SANDFELD ▲ STYLE
    mommo design: IN THE CORNER...
    If just a nook, then I can eventually make snap on panels of different fabrics so they can make different tents.  I can paint some drop cloths to have it look like different types of shops for playing.  Making new panels could be something ongoing and fun.  I'm not so sure about doing the panels for a bed that she would sleep in because I think it would be no bueno if we had a nighttime house fire.  So I'm back to thinking this could be a shared reading nook for the girls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"