3rd Trimester

3d sono question..

I wanted to get 3d sonos done but have been told by 2 places they won't do them past 32 weeks or they will do them but they won't be good pictures.
Has anyone had them done after 32wks, I really want to get them done but also don't want to waste my money if I can't get a good picture

Re: 3d sono question..

• We did ours at 28w, but the reason they don't usually do them after 32w is because baby is getting pretty squished in there and you probably won't get good pictures. We got some 3D pictures at 34w & 36w and they're not as cute. DD has a piggy nose in some of them and the others look like if you smoosh your face up to a window (not sure if that makes sense).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • We had 3D ultrasound done at 27 or28 weeks and got good pictures.
    Had a growth ultrasound a couple weeks ago at 34 weeks, the tech flipped it to 3D ultrasound at the end, definitely not as good of a picture as it was earlier.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I wanted to get 3d sonos done but have been told by 2 places they won't do them past 32 weeks or they will do them but they won't be good pictures. Has anyone had them done after 32wks, I really want to get them done but also don't want to waste my money if I can't get a good picture
    I don't understand.  The places are pretty much telling you the pictures won't be good if they do them past 32 weeks, which indicates they would indeed be a waste of money.  
  • With my daughter, I had 2 - the one at 30 weeks was perfect, one at 32 weeks was a bust.

This time around, we went in at 29 weeks, and it didn't work out. 

I don't have a lot of amniotic fluid, and I tend to be on the smaller side, which means baby is more crammed and it's hard to get an image, so that's the general reason, I'm not sure whether 32 weeks is a no in a 'normal' pregnancy, but it could result in being a waste of money.

As fun as it is to have a glimpse of baby's face, you'll be meeting your LO in person so soon, I'd just save the money and put it towards something else honestly.

TTC #2

Cycle 1:   (January/February)                            Cycle 2:  (February/March)

O - CD17                                                     O - CD15
    IB @ 11dpo                                                            11dpo-13dpo spotting
    BFP @ 12dpo (late pm)                         AF CD28 (late 13dpo)                     
    13dpo = positive fading all day
    14dpo beta = 7.2
    AF CD32 - Confirmed Chemical Pregnancy

CYCLE 3 (March/April) 
    O - CD19 
    8DPO - Faint BFP on Wondfo
    9DPO - Neg. on FRER
    11 DPO - BFP FRER
    14 DPO - Beta 123
    17 DPO - 784, yay! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.