August 2014 Moms

Teething

So LO will be 3 months this week and according to internet articles I have found teething could be starting already. Within this last week he has been fussier than usual, the amount of drool is substantially more and he is chewing on his hands like crazy. He has not had a fever but has had a cough which could be from all the drool. Being so young he can't hold a teething ring or anything. Any other moms going through teething yet or any STMs with advice?

Re: Teething

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • From what I have read it could be teething, but according to our pediatrician it is also a very normal, developmental milestone that is separate from teething :-? Can you try and see if the gums seem swollen? My little guy will chew on things if you hold them for him, so you could maybe try that?
  • Loading the player...
  • Crazy to think we are already discussing teething! I was just reading through DS1's baby book and I thought he was teething starting at 4 months...he got his first tooth at 11 months! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD has been drooling and gnawing on things (hands, clothing, mom and dad) a lot.  I guess we'll have to wait and see if this is a tooth or just a phase.
  • Vieve831 said:

Crazy to think we are already discussing teething! I was just reading through DS1's baby book and I thought he was teething starting at 4 months...he got his first tooth at 11 months! 

I also thought DD1 was teething at 3 months but she got her first tooth at 8 months. I agree that a lot of those symptoms could also just be normal development (or teething, who knows!).

imageimage
  • My DD1 went through bouts of this beginning at 3 months. We tried teething rings, frozen celery, and orajel, but nothing made a big difference. She didn't get a tooth until around 10 months, but her behavior when the tooth actually came in was the same. I read somewhere that they can have teething pain really early even if the teeth aren't erupting, from them shifting inside the jaw. I don't have any suggestions though, because we never really found anything that helped.

Also, if you want to see some freaky stuff, do a Google image search for "child skull adult teeth", and then imagine that action inside your child's face.
  • Finn cut his first teeth at 4 months.  Teething was HELL for him and I hope not to repeat it.

Based on how Colin's gums look I think his bottom teeth will come through within the next month or so.  Honestly, nothing helps but time and Ibuprofen after 6 months.  Ditto pp, the pain of the teeth moving through their jaw can start months before they cut a tooth.  That seemed to affect my first more than the actual cutting of the tooth through the gum.  The pressure is relieved when the tooth cuts.

• csgtvcsgtv member
    edited November 2014
  • We went to see the pedi today just to make sure because Jack was running a low fever yesterday. It's officially teething he pointed out that you can see where they're coming in
  • My daughter is 8 weeks today and has been really fussy drooling and sucking on her fist. There's a small white dot on her bottom gums. Could she be teething? This is my first and it seems too early to me but I'm not sure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"