Trouble TTC
Options

Really starting to regret saying anything to anybody. Ever.

***kids mentioned***

Just got off the phone with my mom, who gave me a lecture about drinking two light beers on Saturday when I was going for a pregnancy test today.  

I also opened up to my SIL (through email).  She also mentioned how stressed out she's been so I offered to drive up to meet her for lunch one day.  Her response? NOPE!  She cherishes spending time with her 2 kids way too much.  Oh, great, so you don't want to hang out with me and also decided to turn me down in the most hurtful way you could given my circumstances, WHICH I JUST TOLD YOU ABOUT.  

And to make it even more awesome, I mentioned to my DH how I thought her response was a little insensitive, and surprise surprise, he totally disagreed and told me I'm just very sensitive, because she can do no wrong in his eyes.  The only thing right he said was maybe I should just stop sharing this stuff with anyone.  

Re: Really starting to regret saying anything to anybody. Ever.

• Options
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! That's just insult on top of injury on top of insult!

You are not too sensitive, who would tell anyone who invited them to hang out that they cherish time with their kids too much to accept an invitation? At least say they could say they are too busy with their kids or something.

I'm not surprised your mom worried about the beers in the TWW, although that's annoying for sure...I wouldn't be able to let my mom know I drank in the TWW. But perhaps if you explained how it doesn't affect a developing embryo at this point?
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options

Oh man I'm sorry you had to deal with your mom and SIL. I'm a believer in drink till it's pink so DRINK ON! Also, how frustrating for your SIL to say something like that RIGHT after you told her what you are going through....I would give my DH a piece if he agreed with his sister over me, but I'm kind of a biotch!

Wine, wine, wine or more beer, beer, beer!

Me: 33, DH: 32

TTC: 2 years
    Fertility blood tests all normal
    Tilted uterus
    3 day ultrasound 17 follicles
    HSG: 11/13/13- tubes open
    DH SA: SUPER sperm (145 million, 84% motility, 22% morphology)
    All infection disease and immunity blood tests NORMAL

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd cycle benched due to cysts - TI with OPK tests -  BFN

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

JANUARY SIGGY CHALLENGE...This is so me!

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

Never thought I would like long hair....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    curve31curve31 member
    edited October 2014
    Wow, she can't take an hour or two for lunch away from her kids. Sounds kinda unhealthy to me. Probably dodged a bullet anyway. She would've talked about them the whole time if she's that consumed with them. No wonder she's stressed.

And it sounds like your husband needs to learn the art of the "you're right, honey" response. It should be taught in high school.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would be really angry at my SIL also if that was me. Some people just don't get it. No way does that make you sensitive :(
    It's not fair of YH to say you should stop sharing with people. I'm sorry that happened :(

*hugs*
    Me (22) & Steve (23)
    Furbabies: Samsung and Greystache
    Engaged since Feb 2014
    DX: PCOS Feb 2013
    Lap for suspected endo: August 2014 - nothing found
    Metformin 500mg - attempting to lose a few kgs

• Options
    Your SIL is unbelievable. That is pretty much the most insensitive thing she could have said. Kinda sounds like she is overcompensating.

And the double whammy of grief from your mom. Like you aren't dealing with enough already. Beer helps. Sorry for the crappiness.
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

TTC since May 2013

Me: 31, blocked tube
    DH: 35, azoospermia :(
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 9/7/2014: BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 10/3/2014:
    BFN
    IUI #3 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Estradiol) on 11/1/2014: BFN
    First RE appt. on 11/11/2014
    November 2014: Benched due to cyst :(
    IUI #4 (5 mg Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone) on 12/26/2014: BFP!!!
    Beta 1 (1/9/2015): 292     Beta 2 (1/12/2015): 843

• Options
    Wth?  I'm angry for you.  At all of these people.  I'm sorry you're dealing with this : (

I love my mom, we've always been fairly close, but I tell her very little about my treatment.   I tell her it's because I want to be able to surprise her (partly true), but I really am just afraid of unsolicited advice from her and other family members (she tries, but can't keep things to herself).  She also get pregnant the first month of trying with all 3 of her pregnancies (WTF!) so she really doesn't understand, but she's trying.  I think a lot of people just really, truly don't understand what it's like to have trouble conceiving.  

• Options
    Sorry for your rough day. SIL can be dumb anyways. @curve31‌ bahahaha. Teach that in high school! That's hilarious! An extra credit course perhaps?

************Siggy warning, LO & loss***************

Me 37 - DH 37 unexplained infertility
    DS born 09/99
    TTC since 2010
    12/11 BFP - ectopic, received methotrexate, benched 4 months 
    08/14 - exploring fertility options

Tubes clear, SA for DH all clear
    10/14- #1 IUI (femera/ovadril/progesterone), 2 follicles 22/17, post wash count 94 million BFN

10/14 - #2 IUI (Femera/ovidrel/progesterone ), 2 follies 19/20, post wash 111 million, BFN Dec 2014 Femera BFFN Taking a break to explore foster to adopt!

• Options
    So sorry you were getting it from all sides today. That is super rough. Many years of very expensive therapy has taught me it's okay to tell people when they're being awful. It can be its own therapy. Hang in there.
    Me: 31 DH: 39
    TTC: 4/2012
    Dx: MFI (Anti-bodies)
    Treatment: IUI with Letrozole and Ovidrel Trigger plus Swim Out or Wash for DH
    10/20/2014-IUI Attempt # 1
  • Options
    (((hugs))) I know how it can be when YH doesn't really get how you feel. Mine was the same way. He was dealing with IF way different than I was, and it wasn't until I had a breakdown that he stayed to understand. Hopefully yours will come around (and hopefully it won't take a meltdown lol).
    :: Me: 30 ~ DH: 27 ::
       :: TTC since Oct 2013 ~ NTNP since Dec 2010 ::
    :: DX: PCOS Characteristics & MFI ::
    ~May 2014: 1st Consult with RE~
    ~SA #1/#2 (low on all #'s), HSG (found non-threatening uterine fibroid)~
    ~*1500mg Metformin Daily*~
    *June: Medicated Cycle #1: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN* 
    *July: Medicated Cycle #2: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
     *Aug: Medicated Cycle #3: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
    *Sept: IUI #1: 5mg Letrozole + Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone = BFN*
    Possibly Looking at IVF.. RE Suggested DH See a Urologist Before Moving On With Treatments 
    *Currently on a Break*
    ~*All Welcome*~

::: 3T November Siggy Challenge: Animals Being Jerks:::
  • Options
    Your mom's comment is ignorant, but your SIL's comment is unbelievable. I would have ripped my H a new one if he said I was too insensitive. I'm sorry you had to deal with all that. HUGS
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  I was quite upset last night.  Luckily, DH came back over and I explained myself (maybe better?) and he got it.  He really just meant if some people are just going to cause me more grief, than it may not be worth discussing it much more with them, and I agree.  I am lucky enough to have a couple friends who have been through it, and so understand much better.  So those are the people I will rely on.  And here of course :)  And then he brought me wine, which really helped!
  • Options
    Yeah, see.. your Mom wouldn't agree with half the shit I do if she is ridiculing you for drinking two light beers in the 2WW.

Your SIL sounds like she is a selfish human being. You had just opened up to her about IF, offered to drive up to have lunch with her after her response to you opening up was with her problems and she then rejects you claiming she can't stand to be away from her kids for 2 hours? Yeah, she sucks. And she has an incredibly unhealthy attachment to her kids if she cannot bear to be away from them for an hour to have lunch with her SIL. What in the hell does she do when they nap? Sit and stare at them? 

As for your H, I second Rainbow. Have him read "What to Expect When She's NOT Expecting" if he refuses, or if he keeps the siding-with-anyone-but-his-wife act up, withhold the boobs. Clearly you can't withhold the sex, but the boobs you can use as incentive. Trust me. 
    so funny - she DOES have an unhealthy attachment, and it's something everyone notices.  It actually really bothers DH.

I shouldn't have complained so much about DH, he had an uncharacteristic slip when he is normally so amazing through all this stuff.  But I will keep the boob withholding method in mind ;)
  • Options

So because she has kids she can't have a lunch away? I'm calling BS. Seriously. I don't care how much you love your kids or how involved you are or what not, you can take an hour or two and meet your family member or friends or WHOEVER for lunch. Give.Me.A.Break.

She is just a jerkface. I'm sorry that happened to you. :(

***Signature/Ticker Warning***

March 2008 - DD born - no issues conceiving (surprise). Limited issues during pregnancy/delivery.
    June 2011 - Married DH.
    June 2013 - Diagnosis of Endometriosis and PCOS (approximate).
    December 2013 - First cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    January 2014 - 2nd Cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    February 2014 - 3rd Cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    March 2014 - Took month off to prep for surgery
    April 2014 - Laporoscopy for endo. Unable to remove endo due to too close of proximity to ureter. HSG done as well. Fillopian tubes open.
    May 2014 - 1st round of Femara. Positive OPK. BFN.
    June 2014 - 2nd round of Femara. Moved to RE to have CD10 Follicular U/S. No Follies in left ovary. 5 follies in right. Largest follie 8mm, 1 7mm, 2 3mm, 1 2mm. Positive OPK on day of U/S. BFN. DH has SA done at this time - All results within normal limits.
    July 2014 - 3rd round of Femara. CD10 Follicular U/S. No follies in left ovary. 7 follies in right. 1 20mm, 1 12mm, 1 10mm, 4 <5mm. Scheduled for IUI. Canceled due to low estrogen level of 145. TI this month. Prepping for Injectables next month. BFN.
    August 2014 - CD3 BW Normal. Injectables not happening because of stupid miscommunication about "required injectables class." Taking class this month. No medication. TI for the month. SIS scheduled for 8/7/14. SIS results - "I have a beautiful uterus." Huzzah!
    September 2014 - Cycle cancelled due to stupid AF coming early and making my IUI run in to DH's business trip. Try again next month.
    October 2014 - Injects with IUI cycle. 75U 5 days. Estrogen at 36. Bumped up to 125 for 4 days. Estrogen 105. Bumped up to 225. Ganirelix for 2 days. 4 mature follies. Triggered 10/9. IUI 10/10.
    BFP 10/24/2014. Beta #1 - 178   Beta #2 - 398.   U/S 11/7/14- TWINS!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Your mom's comment is annoying, but she probably doesn't understand that 2WW doesn't equal pregnant.  Your SIL's comment was just plain mean.  Dealing with people with no clue is annoying.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"