Babies: 3 - 6 Months

essure

Hello,

Im a considering getting Essure. Can you tell me what your experience was with the procedure and recovery? Thanks.

Re: essure

• Please please do not consider getting essure, this is the worst thing you can do to yourself. The coils are made of nickel titanium with pet fibers that cause chronic inflammation makes you look like your are 6 months pregnant. Your body is fighting something foreign causing all kinds of side effects. Not only it is not as effective as they claim women are getting pregnant even after being confirmed blocked, the coils are perforating the tubes ending up on other organs women are having hysterectomies to have them removed. The pain is debilitating and life altering. Please join the closed group on Facebook called essure problems to hear real stories. Bayer has not disclosed all the side effects and complications from essure. We are the guinea pigs we are the long term study. Please please do not have essure done. I am speaking from personal experience.
  • I had it done.  Hardly any recovery time at all...was playing with the kids as soon as I got home.  I haven't had any issues from it, so far, but I just did it 3 months ago.  I just went for my first check, and my tubes have not completely occluded, so I have to stay on back-up bc for another 3 months, then check again.  Other than the above referenced (from what I could tell, highly unlikely type of complication, re: migration of the coils out of the fallopian tubes), make sure that you use a back-up to prevent the risk of ectopic pregnancy until everything is secured.  Your body forms scar tissue to encapsulate the coils where they were placed, so if done properly, I would not expect for anything to move after that point.  My doctor is excellent and did a perfect (and quick and almost painless) job of inserting the coils, so I can't speak to issues people have had from improper placement (doctor error).  Only time will tell if I made the right decision, but I am very happy so far...and I do NOT look 6 months pregnant (only a tiny little pouch that is my responsibility for not having lost all my pregnancy weight).
  • Loading the player...
  • I had it done too.  I wish I could blame my current weight on the procedure!  Sadly, I just haven't been exercising and eating well (and I don't look 6 months pregnant - just haven't gotten back to my pre-pregnancy weight).  The procedure was simple and relatively painless - similar to a yearly obgyn exam.  I have gone for the follow-up and my tubes are blocked so no more pill for me.  Yea!  I'm happy to report that I haven't experienced any negative side effects.  Fingers crossed!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"