1st Trimester

Don't say anything at all then!

I was on the bump on and off for my two previous pregnancies and it has been a great source of information, support and just a great community in general. I am seeing so many rude and mean responses on posts and just in general snarky answers. I do not appreciate someone saying " Birth. Control" on MY pregnancy announcement post. I am sorry if SHE has a problem with me having 3 children but i am a wonderful mom and really don't see how any of this affects her. Come on people..can we just act like adults here. Support one another? And if we don't have anything nice to say just don't say anything at all?! Sorry but this is just downright sad.
Pregnancy Ticker 
imageimage 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Don't say anything at all then!

• i think she jealous since u have 3 miracle unicorns. these people arnt nice. i like wen people are happy.
  • Loading the player...
  • sxypony said:
    i think she jealous since u have 3 miracle unicorns. these people arnt nice. i like wen people are happy.
    Thank you. I agree. I am sorry that she is such an unhappy person that she needs to try and bring someone who is clearly happy with their blessings down.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    imageimage 
  • ShadyBiz said:
    that's cute!  Really.  Good luck with all of that then!
    Aww, thanks ;)

Pregnancy Ticker 
    imageimage 
  • There is something that is laugh worthy all right!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    imageimage 
  • STFU and QFP yourself B.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    imageimage 
  • Bwahaha.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    imageimage 
  • I would say un clench your ass but your head is waaay too far up there.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    imageimage 
  • No, i'm not "THAT" upset. I found it stupid as hell that people like that which seem to be in the dozens and dozens are on here doing nothing but trying to upset people. I thought i would say something about it rather then hanging my head down like most other people that they are upsetting. I will have people act an utter ass to me and say nothing.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    imageimage 
  • This is the place for me as much as anyone else here. I have been on here through all stages of my past 2 pregnancies. It is not your right to tell people where they do and do not belong. Thank you though.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    imageimage 
  • Are sparklehooves and sxypony the same person?
  • I read that thread. Literally ONE troll said something and you get all butt hurt? The Bump (of the internet for that matter) might not be the place for you. Grow thicker skin or log off.
  • Empireceo said:
    Is there like a million new trolls or what?! What did I miss?
    All the things

"Nobody dies a virgin, because in the end life fucks us all."
  • OP--and this is a serious question--do you not know what a troll is?  I'm not being snarky.  I feel like you aren't so familiar with internet forums.  

A troll is a troublemaker on a forum who posts obnoxious stuff just to get a rise out of people.  Trolls aren't part of the general posting community and generally are ignored by everybody and supported by no one.  The birth control comment was totally uncool and was made by a troll, so you don't need to hate on the whole forum about it.

Here to help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • katehgee said:
    STFU and QFP yourself B.
    Wow I missed that comment. OP....real classy.
  • LOLing at this post! 
  • I love these threads image
    Dang.  Now I want popcorn.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • I don't think she said anything about everyone being mean. I'm pretty sure I read the word SHE like 5 times lol  But yes, this site is not for the faint of heart.

But.....I'm here for my second time around (5 years later) and I'm personally glad to see nothing has changed. It actually makes it feel like a happy homecoming lol.

I'm in property management and pretty much have to kiss peoples ass when sometimes I'd like nothing more than to throat punch them so coming somewhere that actually accepts the smart ass comments we usually keep to ourselves is freeing.

• I believe I said SOMETIMES and if you know anything about property management you would know exactly why. I mostly love my job and the people I interact with and its far from just customer service. And I guess I'm not down with your abbreviations because I have no idea what WK and BSC means.
  • I'm crazy because I posted a few things defending other posters from negative and rude remarks that are mostly uncalled for? We were all taught manners and how to respectfully give our opinions and disagree with others. Yes... this is an internet message board however that doesn't mean that human decency goes out the window. So it's ok to be completely rude with your opinion but I give my opinion respectfully and I'm bat shit crazy? LOL I see your logic there.

• @Wake_Life‌ The OP of this thread is not someone you want to defend. She thought it would be appropriate to joke about slitting her wrists. She's BSC and if you really think that's something worth defending, then, yes, I would place you in the same category.
    Holy shit. Missed that one
  • loislayn I saw your comment under mine after somebody had referred to me White Knighting on another thread and assumed you were calling me bat shit crazy. I can now see that you were just explaining the abbreviations. I apologize. Today is my first day back on the Bump so I have no idea what anyone has posted in the past. But thanks for the explanation.. it makes more sense why people were reacting the way they were.

• Oh TB. Never change!
  • I actually think the bump is much kinder and gentler than it was 5 years ago when i was pregnant with dd. Its always been a load of drama and fun. You do need to ignore the troll. I do remember seeing the post and yes there was a Trollish comment. Same troll hit a bunch of posts that night. Before you bunch your panties look at the post history of the 1 crazy that made a mean comment. Calling everyone out over one loon just makes you look loony yourself.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • I was on the bump on and off for my two previous pregnancies and it has been a great source of information, support and just a great community in general. I am seeing so many rude and mean responses on posts and just in general snarky answers. I do not appreciate someone saying " Birth. Control" on MY pregnancy announcement post. I am sorry if SHE has a problem with me having 3 children but i am a wonderful mom and really don't see how any of this affects her. Come on people..can we just act like adults here. Support one another? And if we don't have anything nice to say just don't say anything at all?! Sorry but this is just downright sad.
    @Wake_Life see the bolded as to why this post is being seen as a call-out of the whole forum rather than just the one troll.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I was on the bump on and off for my two previous pregnancies and it has been a great source of information, support and just a great community in general. I am seeing so many rude and mean responses on posts and just in general snarky answers. I do not appreciate someone saying " Birth. Control" on MY pregnancy announcement post. I am sorry if SHE has a problem with me having 3 children but i am a wonderful mom and really don't see how any of this affects her. Come on people..can we just act like adults here. Support one another? And if we don't have anything nice to say just don't say anything at all?! Sorry but this is just downright sad.
    @Wake_Life see the bolded as to why this post is being seen as a call-out of the whole forum rather than just the one troll.
    Right after she mentioned what a great community it was. I get what you're saying and don't know the back story with this particular person so I defended her based on what I saw. She made a simple statement about people making rude or snarky comments (without insulting people) and it seemed like everyone took it as a personal attack. Seems a little dramatic.
  • Wake_Life said:
    I was on the bump on and off for my two previous pregnancies and it has been a great source of information, support and just a great community in general. I am seeing so many rude and mean responses on posts and just in general snarky answers. I do not appreciate someone saying " Birth. Control" on MY pregnancy announcement post. I am sorry if SHE has a problem with me having 3 children but i am a wonderful mom and really don't see how any of this affects her. Come on people..can we just act like adults here. Support one another? And if we don't have anything nice to say just don't say anything at all?! Sorry but this is just downright sad.
    Right after she mentioned what a great community it was. I get what you're saying and don't know the back story with this particular person so I defended her based on what I saw. She made a simple statement about people making rude or snarky comments (without insulting people) and it seemed like everyone took it as a personal attack. Seems a little dramatic.

And stomping your feet and waving your finger at others isn't a little dramatic? Starting a new post to complain about a person's comment isn't a little dramatic? Respond to that person directly, don't go AW yourself and pull the "we need to support eachother!" Bull.
  • I guess if I was 63 weeks pregnant id be pretty pissed off too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is the Internet. You're going to find supportive people and you're going to find snark. I recommend thick skin if you plan to post on any forum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"