Two Under 2

working out again

When and how do you find time for yourself to workout or get to the gym. I'm a n we 2u2  mom and I'm having  a hard time finding  time for myself...just wondering  what other moms do. I'm a SAHM  and dh  works long hours. TIA 

Re: working out again

• I did p90x videos starting when DS was 6wks during his morning nap. My older child would have a snack and color while I worked out. Now it's more difficult to find time. I just gave up my gym membership because DS would scream every time and the nursery ladies always came and got me after 10min. Do you live in a warm enough climate for walks? That's about the only exercise I get these days is the 3.5mile walk to and from the park.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I had a double jogger for walks and tried to walk every day when they were little.  I also worked very hard to get their afternoon naps to overlap and used that time to exercise.  I did the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred which is only 24 minutes so I still had time to do that and maybe do some laundry as well.  

We just got a gym membership last week but I'm having a hard time because DS cries and doesn't like it (he's 2 now) so I still mainly count on walks and at home videos.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I really need to start working out again. I also SAH and my DH is gone from about 12 hours a day. I guess maybe during naps or after the kids have gone to bed is when I'm going to try and sneak in home videos or the elliptical.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you considered doing a mommy/baby workout class? That may be a good option for you, it might be a nice opportunity to get out of the house as well. Have you tried using your babies nap time, or getting up before baby to squeeze in a quick workout? Congratulations on your little one and I hope it works out for you! 

~ the brie's cheese knees ~ 
  • Lots of gyms provide free childcare.  I'd consider that. I have friends who go to the gym a lot just to get out of house and mix up their days. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • When I only had 1 kid, my issue wasn't finding time, but finding predictable time. I finally hired a personal trainer to write home workouts for me. He wrote 3 workouts per week, each 30-45 minutes long, and only requiring free weights. I went in once per month to get measurements and pay my $50 (or whatever it cost. I don't remember now). I had no trouble finding the time to do workouts, I just never knew when that time would happen. We'll see how it goes when #2 arrives..........

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"