April 2014 Moms
Options

Infant Swim Rescue Classes

https://www.infantswim.com/lessons/isr-lessons.html
Has anyone signed up for these classes? We have been going for 3 weeks already. Zac is 6 months today. Highly highly recommend it. It's amazing the progress he has made in just one day a week for about 30 min. Accidents can happen in just a second.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Infant Swim Rescue Classes

• Options
    porterlove525porterlove525 member
    edited October 2014
    I am a former lifeguard and swim instructor and definitely planning to get DS in the pool for swim lessons this winter. It's definitely important to teach the kiddos when they're young and haven't developed a fear of drowning that holds them back.

I've saved quite a few kids and adults in my life and taught countless lessons and couldn't agree more as to how important they can be.

Eta: I should add it's also imperative that parents be with their children at all times when in/near the water. I go crazy at the beach watching parents these days, crazy. Even an experienced swimmer can drown in seconds.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Options
    I plan on getting LO in similar classes closer to when he's one and will start being near water again. Definitely think it's a great idea! Especially for us bc MIL has a pool and we will be going to the lake often next summer.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have some great infant swim opportunities in the area and will get DS signed up for lessons in a few months.
  • Options
    Yes it's such a great thing. The earlier the better I think. At first I was like he's only 5 mo. But in 3 classes, he's so much more comfortable and holds his breath. Even in the first class he was like kick? What's that mean? And by the second class wow honestly amazing. Hug them babies.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're enrolled in something similar. It's great because it gets LO used to the water, learning to kick and float, and playing with other babies in the water. The instructor did life jacket safety with us as well. I know he's going to want to keep up with his big cousins next summer at the beach!
  • Options
    Live in AZ, so absolutely!
  • Options
    We would love to, but they are not offered here.  We have water all over he place here, so it would be great for her to learn, though the access to swimming pools is limited.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options

This is on my list of things to do. We own a boat and want our girls to be comfortable with water. I never learned to swim properly and I want my kids to be good swimmers.

I just emailed our local instructor. According to the website lessons are $100/wk for 6 weeks, per kid. Ugh, that's a lot, but I think it will be worth it. Is that about what you all are paying where you're at?

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    None here, but will be doing it ASAP after we move.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @zazu13, We just started swim lessons yesterday.  I wouldn't consider ours an 'infant swim rescue class', it's more just like a mom and me splash class, so maybe that's why pricing can vary?  Ours is at our community fitness center and was $55 for a six week session.    Its super fun and DS loved it!  Definitely no submerging under water like in OPs pic.  I wouldn't mind finding something like that in the future though.

Off BC since 9/10;TTC since 7/11
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    DX: PCOS/anovulatory/Hypothyroid
    SA: normal
    HSG: all clear
    5 cycles of Clomid/Femara + TI
    IUI #1 (7/16/12) Femara 2.5,+ Trigger=BFN
    Treatment break Aug. 2012-June 2013
    IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
    Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
    Beta #2 @ 19dpiui--2,550!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @zazu13‌ yeah we pay $80 for 4 classes. I'll be doing 2 months now and then maybe sign up again in the spring. - it's worth any price. @ccollins06‌ any class to get them comfortable is good. However I'd really check for one of the rescue classes. It's very different.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @suzanne237, thanks for posting, I didn't notice your link the first time.  I'm going to keep it in mind for spring/summer!

Off BC since 9/10;TTC since 7/11
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    DX: PCOS/anovulatory/Hypothyroid
    SA: normal
    HSG: all clear
    5 cycles of Clomid/Femara + TI
    IUI #1 (7/16/12) Femara 2.5,+ Trigger=BFN
    Treatment break Aug. 2012-June 2013
    IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
    Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
    Beta #2 @ 19dpiui--2,550!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I wish we had them in our area I would love to have Chase do this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"