Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Intro and frustration... Nervous! *UPDATE*

alovett26alovett26 member
edited October 2014 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hello! I feel like I have been jumping all over these boards, but here is a little background.

Pregnant : August 26 confirmed by HPT. Started to bleed on Sept 7th and went in for blood work on the 9th (thought to be almost 7 weeks). HCG 161 and two days later 91 and ended in what they called a chemical pregnancy. Continued to bleed for 4-5 days.

This Oct. 8th I took another HPT because AF was still not here and got a negative. Next day, very light positive which continued to get darker over the weekend. Then started to spot again... This time was VERY different than the last, just seemed like old blood with just a touch of light pink once or twice so the doc wanted to see me again and I went back in this past Friday. Got my HCG levels from 5pm Friday which were 304. Then got tested today (10 am) and only went to 546. Was hoping they would double but didn't... Is another miscarriage happening?

I was going off of my last "bleeding" (which was from the miscarriage) so thought I should just be 6 weeks. But numbers are closer to 4. I didn't track ovulation so I know I could be off on when I actually ovulated but am super concerned that my levels didn't double and are lower from where I thought they should be.

Has anyone gone through anything like this? I don't want to get my hopes up and feel like I am having another loss.....

*UPDATE*

Got my beta HCG levels back from today. Went up from 546 (taken Monday) to 1050. So again, went way up but didn't exactly double.... I am thinking it's good news that they are going up, but still super nervous that they are not doubling.

Re: Intro and frustration... Nervous! *UPDATE*

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome.  What did your doctor say about your numbers?  From what I understand there are some woman who just naturally have slow-rising betas.  Since it sounds like you really don't know when you ovulated, I don't think you can determine how far along you should be until you do a dating ultrasound.

Are you doing another set of betas?

Fx for great follow-up news.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Welcome and congratulations! It's tough to know exactly where you are at. Like others said, some have slow rising numbers. Just take each day as they come. Is your doc having you come back in for more betas?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Trying to stay as positive as possible but hard after already going through a loss...

I just checked my numbers that were uploaded online so hopefully the doc will call me in the morning. My husbands cousin is an obgyn and I spoke with her. She suggested pushing to get my progesterone levels checked because they might be low Which could lead to slower rising numbers. I am sure they will test my numbers again Wednesday....

Was really hoping that they would at least have doubled so I could put my mind at a little bit of ease!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Your numbers are pretty close to doubling so hopefully they're just a little slower rising than most. Fx you get an update from your dr soon!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options
    Welcome. It looks like you have roughly a 77 hour doubling time, which isn't that far off from the 48-72 hour time you want to see. I wouldn't call yourself out yet. I agree, it wouldn't hurt to have your progesterone checked, just in case. I hope you get a good number on Wednesday.
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome. FX for the numbers to keep rising. Wishing you the best of luck. Keep us posted!
  • Options
    mrsjg2013mrsjg2013 member
    edited October 2014
    Welcome and congrats. My suggestion was going to be to get your progesterone levels tested with your next beta draw, but looks like you've already gotten that advice :) While my numbers weren't slow rising, the started at 8.8, so I'm a firm believer in every pregnancy is different! Best wishes for your next draw!
  • Options
    So I am going to go back tomorrow to get my betas redrawn but they said they won't test my progesterone... I am the one that called and asked for it and when they called back they said they wouldn't do it at this point. Is this something I should keep pushing for or just wait and see what my levels are at tomorrow?
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome. I hope you get an answer on the progesterone Q, and I'll keep my FX for more rising numbers for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    *UPDATE*

Got my beta HCG levels back from today. Went up from 546 (taken Monday) to 1050. So again, went way up but didn't exactly double.... I am thinking it's good news that they are going up, but still super nervous that they are not doubling....
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, it's great your numbers are going up by more then 66% which is recommended. I'm not quite sure why your office wouldn't just let you check your progesterone as it can't hurt. Is there someone else in the office that you could pose the request too. Make sure they understand your not asking for progesterone but just to be tested for what your levels are. Good Luck, either way your beta numbers are rising nicely!!
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• Options
    I'm sorry you are in limbo, but your numbers are rising and I hope you get some more information soon.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards