Potty Training
Options

Recommend your method

We did the 3-day method with DS when he was just over 2. It was very successful for him. We tried the same method with DD at the same age and it was a complete failure - physically she could control it...and ended up holding it for hours, making herself sick and miserable. She had no desire to sit on the potty. It was a battle of wills for 3 full days. I haven't wanted to revisit potty training since...but I'm starting to think about it again. Please recommend your method because I want to try something different with her the next go around. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your method

• Options
    Also, there are poop issues. She sometimes still poops in her sleep. When she doesn't poop in her sleep, I don't know when she's doing it. She's not the hide and poop type. And...this is gross, but she's never had firm poop...it's always been pasty poop...I feel like poop is going to be an issue. Do I need to talk to our doctor about the firmness problem?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't do the 3 day method either.  We just worked on slowly introducing the potty and letting them take the lead.  We wear underwear at home to get an idea of what happens when you get out of diapers.  DD was 26 mos when she seemed both interested and able and we went with it.  She did pretty well.  DS is 25 mos now and he is sort of interested and sort of able so we'll just keep on talking potty and see where he goes.  

DS does not have firm poop ever and his doctor said he wasn't concerned at all and does not think it will have any affect on potty training. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

In brief:  we put them in undies and have the carpet cleaner ready.  We just trained my 2.5 year old and this is what we did.  It started out that he wouldn't even sit on the potty and by the end of the day he was peeing in it.  He did pee his pants a lot, but he finally realized if he didn't use the potty he was going to wet all over himself. 

Pooping took a little longer.  I had to "catch" one (I could tell he had to go, and rushed him to the bathroom).  Once he pooped in the potty, he seemed to "get it" and then started telling me when he had to poop. 

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    What's the 3 day method?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"