February 2015 Moms

Warmer Climates

Hello friends-

So last week my DH and I went on vacation from Michigan to Arizona, and I noticed once I arrived my hands and feet were significantly more swollen from the heat (and probably from flying). A few days into our trip, my hands and feet were still puffy but nothing outrageous and I started to notice small itchy bumps on mostly my fingers and toes. They were only itchy if I messed with them, and kind of came and went throughout the day. I've looked at about a million different rashes online and I can't quite put my finger on anything, but I did read that sometimes swelling can cause something like this. I have a doctor appointment on Thursday and I plan to bring it up, I just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced something like this, especially those who live in/have visited warmer climates.

I sure hope LO doesn't get my sensitive skin, geez!

Thank you, happy Monday!

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

Being able to get out of bed on the first try

Re: Warmer Climates

• Not sure about the rash but flying this week definitely caused my feet and ankles to swell up
  • The swelling is bad during the summer in GA. It comes with the territory of wanting to be warm 80-90% of the year. I'm not sure about the red spots unless you were getting bitten by sand fleas. Maybe you can google sand flea bites and see if that looks similar.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • @Jennjilljoite that's an idea! I'll have to look into it. They will probably all be gone by the time my appointment rolls around, but at least I can mention it to them. At first I thought they were bug bites, but like I said they kept coming and going.

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

• I'm not sure about the rash, but my hands and feet swell when it is really hot here in Florida.
    This exactly.  Also in Florida and I'm swelling like a mofo.  I'm almost to the point where I can't where my wedding rings, and I'm definitely only fitting into my sandals.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm in Texas and this summer I avoided the outdoors like crazy because the heat was so bad. I never got swollen though. I'm thinking it could have been a simple heat rash since you're not used to the warmer dryer weather. My husband used to get heat rash when he didn't have a/c in his car and it sounds like what you're describing.
  • My mom always got a heat rash when we were on vacation and outdoors in the heat. I have a feeling that's what it was.

Being a southern girl, the hotter it is. The more I swell. Drink lots of water. Rest.

Hope it goes away.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • *creeping from M15*

I had a gnarly rash across my stomach a few weeks ago and asked my mom who used to be an OB nurse. She said most likely heat rash (we're in San Diego and it was upwards of 90 and sticky here). She said she used to have pregnant women with it all the time. Avoid hot showers and using hydrocortisone cream, staying really hydrated, as well as the weather finally cooling down, helped and I haven't had a rash anymore! Hope that goes away soon for you I know it's not fun!

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think you ladies are right, I think it was a heat rash! Now that I'm back to freezing Michigan, it's drastically subsided/almost all the way gone. Thank you!

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

• Hey @racheltherose‌ Michigan isn't THAT cold!!!! I am still wearing short sleeves! Although I have my own personal heater in my belly to keep me warm!!! :)
  • I've lived in AZ most of my life and it sounds like the dreaded heat rash. I lived in MI for a few years and got them pretty often when I moved back to AZ (also any time I would visit here) and my doc had told me that it was partially due to it being so much drier here but it was definitely a heat rash. I would make sure you're using a body butter or something super moisturizing if you're not already for a little while and we both know how drying the cold wind you're getting ready to have can be! Obviously I'm no doctor, but I hope that helps put your mind at a little bit of ease until Thursday :)

P.S. How amazing are the leaves right now?? I miss the Fall SOOOOO much and won't be out there again until June! Super bummed I'll miss the cider mills this year, too!
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I live in AZ, I definitely notice some swelling when I'm hot but nothing drastic. Never got a rash but it does sound like a heat rash to me too. Glad it's subsided and you're feeling a bit better .
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Could be scabies or bed bugs ( infectious); something allergic, heat rash, or a rash called pupp that happens in pregnancy.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • I've lived in AZ most of my life and it sounds like the dreaded heat rash. I lived in MI for a few years and got them pretty often when I moved back to AZ (also any time I would visit here) and my doc had told me that it was partially due to it being so much drier here but it was definitely a heat rash. I would make sure you're using a body butter or something super moisturizing if you're not already for a little while and we both know how drying the cold wind you're getting ready to have can be! Obviously I'm no doctor, but I hope that helps put your mind at a little bit of ease until Thursday :)

P.S. How amazing are the leaves right now?? I miss the Fall SOOOOO much and won't be out there again until June! Super bummed I'll miss the cider mills this year, too!
    Omg I feel like the leaves all changed while we were in AZ! We left and they were still mostly green and we came home to a sea of orange in our yard! I'm bummed about missing the cider mills too, but luckily this is all worth it!

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

• misskc2 said:

Hey @racheltherose‌ Michigan isn't THAT cold!!!! I am still wearing short sleeves! Although I have my own personal heater in my belly to keep me warm!!! :)

Okay okay so it's not that cold... YET! My LO is doing a good job of keeping me warm at work, I feel like I sweat non stop haha

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

• @racheltherose‌ I think I spoke too soon! Actually had to put on a sweatshirt to get my kiddos off the bus at school this morning. Temp said 33 degrees. It may be time to look for a coat lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"