1st Trimester
Options

13 Weeks Pregnant - Scared to Announce Pregnancy

Hi everyone!

We are getting ready to announce our pregnancy this weekend (I'll be 14 wks on Friday). First time pregnancy for me.
While I am so excited to announce, I've just started getting terrified about making the announcement. What if I miscarry? I know when you reach the second trimester your risk of a miscarriage drops, but I am getting really freaked out!

I am ready to tell the world, but I am so scared.

What do you all think? Any advice?

I realize I might sound crazy....but I am feeling really overwhelmed.

Thank you for listening.

Re: 13 Weeks Pregnant - Scared to Announce Pregnancy

• Options
    Maybe just announce it to friends and family and keep it off social media for now, until you feel more comfortable. I agree with the above poster- tell people who will be there for you if anything were to go wrong.
  • Options
    There is no right or wrong time to announce. Do what feels comfortable to you. There is nothing wrong with waiting, but if you want to tell a few people, tell those who will be supportive if anything does happen.

It is hard not to worry. It is both a scary and exciting time in your life.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally know what you mean. I don't think I will announce on social media until late in the pregnancy, if it all. Everyone who is close will know by other means in most cases. Family and good friends will find out through the grape vine, don't feel like you have to announce it on social media if you're not feeling up to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"