February 2013 Moms

Here's another! Toddler GTKY

What is your one couldn't live without toddler entertainment piece. Is it a toy, tech, gadget? What keeps your toddler entertained the longest?
                We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: Here's another! Toddler GTKY

• I would have to say ours is any water bottle EXCEPT his.

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Teddy. We would not survive without teddy. He has 4 of them at home :/
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • His blankie and owl. He HAS to have them for naps and bed time.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• A bowl, spoon, and his monkey doll. He loves pretending to feed Monkey.
  • His little taggie blanket....I don't know if he would go to sleep without it.

And his trains and trucks....the boy is obsessed

Oh and my emergency I need to get a mommy thing done without you....Peppa Pig episode

:@)
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • This is a hard question. Probably this little green measuring cup he has decided belongs to him. But he's pretty crazy about his cars, too. 

• Three doting older siblings.  Sometimes I have to fight with them to get the baby to myself.

• Our dog. She was really sick last week, and she had hardcore  S.A. for me and the dog. Like if I put Mona out to go to the bathroom, I had to hold DD and console her. They are best buds. She gets angry that I wont let the dog sleep in her crib...

• Right now it's baby dolls, coloring, and swinging. She loves her swing in the back yard. I love it too because it's easy entertainment. Soon it will get too cold though :(
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Simon: Stacking cups
    Jamie: Littlest Petshop Paw Powered Cruiser 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Wooden trains and cars from Ikea, and pretty much any book. And if I need her to sit still, she's all about Daniel Tiger and Curious George.

• Old seasoning bottles that I clean out and let him play with. He's got a whole stash of them that he strategically places and moves around different rooms in the house. His biggest obsession is opening and closing them.

Also, when I really need him to be uber-occupied in a pinch, an episode of Dora the Explorer. He loves that show!

Kate
  • His stuffed Monkey "M" for bedtime and naptime.  When he's awake, his bowling set, other balls, books and trucks/cars.

• DH. If he is around, that kid is totally entertained, even if DH isn't do anything.

He's really into the broom and Swiffer right now. He'll go pull them out and just carry then around the house.

• His trucks. He even makes truck noises and if he sees a truck driving by he has to wave and say hi.
  • DH. If he is around, that kid is totally entertained, even if DH isn't do anything.

He's really into the broom and Swiffer right now. He'll go pull them out and just carry then around the house.

ds does this too! We have the on with the little vacuum on it and he freaks out when it's plugged in and he can't take it with him.
  • DC2London said:
    Other people's dogs.
    The Ear Book 

There are stray cats in our sitter's neighborhood who are excessively friendly. Jamie kisses at them to get them to walk over while we wait for the sitter in the mornings... then he quickly grabs them and tries to carry them into the house with him. Like a crazy cat person. O.O
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Loving the blocks right now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Crayons and markers. Homeboy loves to color. When he's not eating them ;)
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Outside!! Not exactly a toy /  gadget but we have nonstop requests / tantrums for outside.

• Water in cups. Pouring water from one cup to the next.
    Jenny DiLo
  • Bubble bath.

She loves the car too. Sometimes DH and I will take turns watching her while she pretends to drive away in one of our cars. She always kisses us goodbye and wants to touch all the sticks and buttons on the dash. She makes sound effects too.
  • He loves his concrete mixer truck. It's supposed to spit out balls, except he's stuffed it with a squeaky ball, a duck and a mega block. So nothing comes out anymore. He loves to push it around the house. He also loves balls of any sort. Right now he throws it at me and I hit it (usually while nursing DD) past him so he has to run for it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DC2London said:
    Other people's dogs.

Hahaha, same here!  We don't have a dog, but DS2 goes gaga over each one he sees.  DH is trying to work this to his advantage in convincing me we need a dog.  Nooooope.

Otherwise, his blankies (there are two of them) and his truck book.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Another vote for dogs here.  Unless they come too close, then he runs like the wind.

Also anything to do with water - the garden hose, bath time, a cup of water, a watering can, the sink...

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Books

For DS, standing on his small chair and looking out the mail slot for trucks, dogs, or cars

For DD, a toy truck that continues to go if you give it a push, she drives it over books, the couch, people, the floor, etc...

Both kids are in love with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse; That's what we put on if we're dealing with a tired/hungry meltdown that can't be interrupted any other way. Works every time.

TTC since June 2009
    BFP #1 2/22/10 M/C 6w2d
    BFP #2 October 2010 CP
    BFP #3 1/11/11 M/C 8w5d
    IUI #1 Aug 2011= BFN
    IUI #2= BFP #4 9/18/11 missed M/C, D&C 10/18/11
    IUIs #3&4 = BFN
    IVF #1 May 2012 = BFP! Twins!!

Fraternal twins born Feb. 2013

Lilypie - (X78c)

• I'm kind of amazed at how many are attached to a particular toy. E could take or leave toys entirely unless his sister has something. He doesn't really want to take it away so much as wants to play beside her with the same thing. I wonder if it's the difference between first and second borns?

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"