February 2013 Moms

Kitchen GTKY

We're awfully quite! Tell me about your favorite kitchen appliances (or accessory). I don't really mean fridge or stove because I assume we all have those. ;)
                We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: Kitchen GTKY

• Currently, it's my kureg, because I love coffee. And I have two babies with colds who aren't sleeping so it's getting a lot of use!

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Crockpot...especially since I work night shift. I can throw something in there and not have to worry about it!
  • Loading the player...
  • all of the above, and the toaster oven. Could.Not.Live.Without.
  • I'm going to say the Pampered chef Mix N' Chop. I hate when you're browning ground meat and you get big chucks. This eliminates that problem.

Also my cheapy air bake pans that I got from Christmas tree shop.

• The sink? I like water so that is pretty helpful.

I like the kettle as well since we drink a ton of tea.

We've been without a microwave for a year now. Ours broke and we just never replaced it. I don't miss it at all, it took up so much space in our already small kitchen. We need a new vent over our stove so if we find a good deal we will likely get a microwave to go there, but if we don't, I wouldn't be upset never having one again.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm going to break the rules here, and say stove.  It's an induction stove, though, so it's awesome.  It boils water in about thirty seconds. 
    The downside is that since it's so fancy, DH can't do any repairs himself.  In the summer it broke and Sears didn't send a guy out for six weeks.  SIX weeks with neither a stove nor an oven was irritating.  DH went out and bought a hot plate so we could at least make some pasta.

• Vitamix blender and food processor. They make food prep so fast and easy. The vitamix was especially helpful when DS was sick and would not eat anything. I ended up making him smoothies with beef soup + fruit, and they actually tasted good, like normal fruit smoothies.
  • I would have to also say crockpot AND my double ovens. I love that I can cook two different things at the same time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Another for the crock pot and coffee machine. The crockpot is awesome for us because I work late a lot, and my FI doesn't cook. So he gets dinner that way, and I get leftovers for lunch at work the next day. Our coffee machine is similar to a Keurig, but it's made by Coffee Bean & Tea leaf, and it makes coffee, tea, and espresso!

• Uh, my husband.  I don't cook.  When he has to work late, K and I have microwaved leftovers.

This, by far, is the best kitchen appliances ever! Lol =))

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I've come to really enjoy my Crock Pot. It is the best to come home to a finished dinner.

• Eh does the cooking.....Does he count as an appliance or an accessory?
  • My kitchen aide mixer. And my blender.
    Jenny DiLo
  • My food processor. I also like my crockpot. And I pretty much cook everything in the Dutch oven if that counts.
  • Uh, my husband.  I don't cook.  When he has to work late, K and I have microwaved leftovers.
     Haha! Well, I do cook, but DH prefers to do it. Which, no complaints here. I agree. DH is my best Kitchenaid. He even makes me tea in the mornings. Especially ones like today where he let DS terrorize DD and me awake instead of letting us sleep in. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Coffee maker.....I seriously cannot live without it.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I love my keurig. I also love my cuisinart stick blender- I use it almost everyday. I made all of DD's baby food with it, do smoothies/protein shakes, etc. I made a KILLER salsa for a party over the weekend. So awesome. 

I have a kitchenaid too- plan on using it more over the holidays with baking, etc. Right now we are trying to cut out baked goods, so it's just sitting there looking pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"