June 2014 Moms
Options

~*Born to Run Junebugs 10/20*~

This is a weekly thread for runners who were due June 2014, that is posted on Mondays . All who run--or who want to start running--are welcome, regardless of mileage, pace, ability, size, shape, or terrestrial status. We had this thread during pregnancy, now it's time to lose that baby weight. 

How were your runs and workouts this week?  

How do you feel your fitness is coming along post-baby? 

How are you doing with any October goals (or just overall fitness goals) you have set? Any new goals this week?

GTKY: What's the best Halloween costume you ever wore? Bonus points for pictures!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ~*Born to Run Junebugs 10/20*~

• Options
    How were your runs and workouts this week? I had a good week. I ran 3 times (18 miles total) and strength trained once. my long run was yesterday - 12 miles - and was the longest since I ran my marathon last November. Thankfully, I'm really not that sore today! :)

How do you feel your fitness is coming along post-baby? Slow and steady, I guess. I am happy with where my running is at but need to pick it up on the strength. I still feel mushy.

How are you doing with any October goals (or just overall fitness goals) you have set? Any new goals this week? I have two races coming up in the next three weeks - a 10-miler this Sunday, and a half marathon in 3 weeks on 11/8. So right now my goals are just to stay on track with training for those, and hopefully getting some more strength workouts in. I kinda fell off my plank challenge so I am a little disappointed in myself about that.

GTKY: What's the best Halloween costume you ever wore? Bonus points for pictures! I wore a super cute Queen of Hearts (from Alice in Wonderland) costume in college... gotta dig up the pics from that. 

• Options
    My runs: not terrible- out 3 times maybe 7 miles total. It's so much harder to get out now... Breast feeding can be so inconvenient, yet so convenient... Bought a jogging stroller the other day, I'm excited for her to be ready to use it!

Post pregnancy fitness: so much harder to be consistent. My doctor is really happy with where I'm at weight/size wise. I'm good with my body I just wish I could get to the gym more often/for longer.

Goals: try to get a good routine down-fitness, cleaning, work, etc... Hoping to do a 10k maybe early 2015.

Best Halloween costume: "fat princess". I was like 6/7, and my mom made me wear a snowsuit under my dress. I cried because I said I was a fat princess, perks of growing up in North Dakota!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sjdihle What kind of stroller did you get?! 

• Options
    How were your runs and workouts this week?

Not great. Only one run this week and it was miserable. It was cold and windy and I'm not used to the cold air burning my chest anymore.

How do you feel your fitness is coming along post-baby?

Still feeling pretty out of shape.

How are you doing with any October goals (or just overall fitness goals) you have set? Any new goals this week?

No new goals.

GTKY: What's the best Halloween costume you ever wore? Bonus points for pictures!

Probably the time DH was a race car driver and I was his flag girl. Actually, the costume was nothing special but I was in really great shape that year and I felt really good about myself and had so much fun that night. I'm embarrassed to say, I still don't know how to post a picture. Do you just hit "attach a file"?
  • Options
    @Jen111211 You can do it that way, or if you are linking to the pic (from your photobucket/shutterfly/etc. account) you can click on the little icon that looks like a Polaroid and it will let you put the URL in. 

• Options
    @babygabe614‌ it's an instep one we found on Craigslist. Most of our runs are pretty easy and smooth so I thought Id try a cheapo... It was like $45, pretty much new!
  • Options
    @sjdihle Let us know how you like it. I have taken our BOB out quite a few times now and it is WAYYY harder than I expected! I can barely get through 3 miles with it! I hope it'll become a little less difficult when she's sitting upright in the stroller and not in the infant seat attached to the top of it. 

• Options
    I put in 7 miles last week. Halfway to goal for the month.

Feel like this is finally getting easier. I hurt a lot less the day after than I used to.

Best news ever... My fat pants will zip!!! Woooo! Never thought I would be excited about that. See ya maternity jeans and Bella band. :)
  • Options
    Thanks @babygabe614‌! I'll have to try posting a pic in the near future. I decided the first pic I post shouldn't be of me in a short, tight, low-cut dress. Probably wouldn't make a great first impression!
  • Options
    Is everyone going to wait until 6 months before going without the carseat?  I see my pedi today and I was going to ask.
  • Options
    sjdihle said:
    Is everyone going to wait until 6 months before going without the carseat?  I see my pedi today and I was going to ask.
    @sjdihle I don't think so. Once her head control is sufficient, I will probably move her into the main seat. Now, that could take until 6 months, but it's pretty good already so I doubt it. I see the pedi next week and will ask mine as well.

• Options
    My pedi said we can try now on smooth roads and see if it goes ok. I'm still gonna maybe wait a little longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"