TTC after 35

So...I've O'ed, right?

Hi ladies,

I had drafted a longer post a couple days ago with some questions about variations in luteal phase length (I know it's not meant to change more than a day or two from month to month), day of ovulation, etc. but since all that is sort of unknown based on where I am in my cycle (CD18), I think my basic question for any chart-stalkers out there is this:

Is there any way, based on my chart, that I haven't O'ed yet, you figure? I've got dashed crosshairs because my CM and OPK don't line up with my temp, but I'm not totally sure I trust my CM judgment, and the Amazon reviews for the FR Digital Ovulation Predictor are not wonderful; perhaps I missed my surge? It's a bit odd, because according to FF I didn't O until CD19 last cycle, with an 11 day luteal phase.

Any comments would be welcome!

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: So...I've O'ed, right?

• I'm still just learning all this chart craziness myself so I've got no advice - but your chart looks so much better than mine! lol. 
  • Agreed, with temps alone you have O'd.  I'd say the 15th, although to be conservative the 16th is possible.  I trust temps above cp/cf observations and any opk's.. Keep temping and/or  take out your negative opk tests and you'll get solid ch's.  Best wishes!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you have O'd based on your temps.  As far as the variability, I have O'd as early as CD 15 and this cycle it looks like I will O CD 25 or 26 and my LP has been 11-14 days long.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Looks like it--yay! 

I don't like dashed lines, either, but I wouldn't worry.  My CM does weird stuff all the time.  I don't think it's a good indicator of anything, really.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• ***lurking***

kelley72 - you could have O'd on CD 15 (or maybe 16).  I suspect that if you get another high temp tomorrow, FF may move your crosshairs over.  Also, for what it's worth, my LP has varied anywhere from 8-12 days, so it's not as stable for all women as the statistics suggest.  And, regardless of whether your O was on CD 14, 15, or 16, your BD timing looks great for any of those!  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for your input ladies! I was still in the every-second-day not-stressing-out stage of my cycle when I O'ed obviously; I wasn't expecting to O until maybe today or tomorrow, so I was taking it easy last week. What a surprise!

I'm partially thankful that O is in the past; maybe now I can relax (ha) a little during the TWW. Especially since last night's BD attempt was a total bust, and I can tell the recurring performance anxiety is really getting to the BF. I wish I had had a better sense it was enroute late last week all the same, so I could have pushed the BD a little more.

Oh well -- I guess the BD timing wasn't that bad, and now we just wait and see...

BabyFruit Ticker

• tmorashtmorash member
    edited October 2014

Well, my temp dropped (but only a little) this morning, and as @kelley72 and @ewenner suggested, FF moved my crosshairs over to CD16 from CD14. I was sort of thinking it might move to CD15, but I'm a little surprised by the shift to CD16 (my temp seems to already be quite high on CD16).

Anyway, just a wee update and a nod to @kelley72 and @ewenner (and everyone!) for their intrepid chart analysis. :)

Now I just have to make it another while (9 days before I test at least) without succumbing to the TWW madness!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Glad you got those solid lines, it makes me feel better when I have them @tmorash!  It's funny bc sometimes when looking at my own chart I feel lost, but I "get it" with others, I guess that emotional detachment helps.  Best wishes for us both having a fast 2ww and then lots of +s all around!
  • glad you got CHs @tmorash!! I'm still waiting for mine to show up. I think I O'd on the 18th (based on CM, OPK and temp rise). TCOYF should arrive tomorrow so I can read through that to get a better clue on what is going on. (and can obsess over even more stuff!)

I'm hoping that because last month was my first month of logging more than a temp or two that FF is waiting to confirm. ugh. all this waiting!!!
  • @WinoGrrl The waiting is torture! I haven't picked up TCOYF yet, for that exact reason -- I don't know if the extra information (although I have been known to be a research fiend) will be kind to me, psychologically. I like being armed with as much information as possible generally, but what if TCOYF sends me down the rabbit hole??

I'm partially joking. But between what I'm learning here and through FF...I don't know how much more "what if" I can take in my life. Maybe next cycle...if required. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"