April 2014 Moms

Cold weather clothing

its 0 degrees (C) this morning and I've been wondering what I should put my LO in when we go out. It's going to get much colder than that and I've been stressing over what I'm going to put her in.
I have the Jolly Jumper shower cap to put over her car seat but I find the flap doesn't close very well and cold air gets in..
What are your lo's wearing for walks in the stroller and when you go out with the car seat?
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Cold weather clothing

• chichi589chichi589 member
    edited October 2014
    I have a fleece bunting suit from northface for really cold days. I plan on doing a thin fleece jacket from target and blankets other days. I have a car starter so that'll help too
  • It has not gotten cold enough here yet, but I have a one piece fleece bunting from LL Bean from when DS was a baby that I plan to use for this one.  That sucker is super warm.

• Loading the player...
  • We went for a chillly walk this morning, DD was in long sleeve shirt, fleece sweater, one piece fleecy thing and tuque. Then blanket on top.
  • for the car just a blanket and jacket . 
    for walks , he has a gap parka that he can wear with blanket. He has other jackets and snowsuits but hes not going to be playing in a snow pile so i think its overkill
    FTM to Drake born 04/19/2014
    8 lbs 7.6 oz 21 Inches

• In the stroller, a couple layers of clothes and a one piece fleece suit. I'll add a blanket sometimes too. My other two generally stayed toasty in just the one layer fleece snowsuit and we're in Michigan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've never done more than a little fleece jacket, hat & blanket in the car seat. By little, I mean one thin layer. I do have a shower cap style cover but find it annoying, so I rarely use it.

If we're outside on a walk or something extended, I use a one piece bunting type thing. It's not a snow suit, but fleece/minky and warm.

Exactly this. Nothing in the vehicle except a thin fleece and hat. And a blanket over his legs and all the way covered when walking into a store. Fleece blunting and blankets when we are outside for walks.

• We dont have a fleece bunting suit although I really would love one so we're all about the layers here. Under 40ºF she starts with a plain white onesie (40+ we skip it), her t-shirt, jeans/ leggings, light jacket with the hood up, and a heavy coat with a fleece blanket for walks. For the car seat, we skip the heavy coat and use the blanket if the car hasnt quite warmed up enough. We had slight snow this morning so we definitely need to stay warm!

• Thanks everyone! I have a fleece one piece zip up from old navy and a bunting bag also so I guess we will make do with that. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It doesn't really get that cold here, but I was given a blanket with legs (kinda the opposite of a Snuggie) for wearing in the car seat, stroller, or anything they need to be strapped into.
  • Acers said:
    Yeah we got this on clearance last spring for $15...LO is so cute and snuggly in it!
    We have that too! It;s perfect for cold football games!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"