Breastfeeding

Supply question

I am currently 11 days PP. Milk came in great. Had a great supply. Then last Tuesday and Wednesday, it seemed to have dropped a good bit. But then Thursday and Friday it increased again. Saturday, Sunday and today so far, it is back down again. Is it normal for my supply to fluctuate so frequently this early? I thought it didn't regulate til 6 weeks or so.

The past 3 days, she balks at the breast as she wants more milk and she wants it to flow faster like she was used to. I feel so bad. I do compressions to try to help her.

We did a weighted feed on Friday (a day with plenty of milk) and she impressed LC with the amt she took in-she's only 6lbs1oz but took in enough for a 9lb baby. She is gaining (born 5lb10oz) which is excellent but I'm nervous that bc my supply keeps changing that she's going to stop gaining. Which she can't afford to given her small size already.

She keeps draining both my breasts but I feel they aren't getting the hint to make more for her. How long does it take for my supply to increase again to meet her milk wants?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"