1st Trimester
Options

Glue stick dog

hi all! I am five weeks along and I think my dog might know... The week before my Hubs and I found out we were pregnant our dog started being a glue stick. I thought it odd but had shrugged it off. Now I wonder if some how he knows.

He has always been a bit of a cuddled but still independent. For the last three weeks he hasn't left my side. He squishes onto the recliner with me and when I move about the house he stays right next to me. This has gotten to the point where I am constently moving him (luckily he only weighs 15 pounds)!

Anyone else have dogs? Did their behavior change?

Re: Glue stick dog

• Options
    Your dog is fucking psychic. It's the only reasonable explanation! You should get him his own TV show! 
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    My dog was acting weird for the first few weeks, too.  She's fine now, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, dogs can sense the chemical changes in humans. (it's an animal thing, cats have been known to do so too).
    When I got pregnant with my DD, my furbaby could sense the difference and had changed a bit in the sense of no longer jumping up high on me any more (when I call him and do tricks with him) he also would follow me around etc.
    Its perfectly normal. Just make sure you take this extra time to bond with them and when you start to establish the nursery, don't forget to include your dog in the process.
    You don't want him/her to feel excluded, and eventually be jealous of the baby... we made sure our furbaby was involved with every step of the pregnancy, nursery etc and now he's such a good big brother to our DD!
  • Options

I was discussing with my DH who we would tell and when, and I was joking about one of our cats knowing before him. He replied that our other cat might know before I do, and to watch for when she starts avoiding me, since she was not happy at all when our friends brought their newborn over. It will be interesting to see her reaction.

Married 8-9-14
    Me 34 DH 33
    TTC #1 
    Hypothyroid

• Options
    Cats are far superior.

"Nobody dies a virgin, because in the end life fucks us all."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"