September 2014 Moms
Options

Best makeup products for sleep-deprived, time-deprived moms

Okay ladies. I realize makeup is the last thing we have time for, especially when showers are a daily goal, but some of us are back to work and many are heading out of the house. Any products that get the job done right and done quickly?

Re: Best makeup products for sleep-deprived, time-deprived moms

• Options
    I totally agree with lala!

But when I need something fast I use Mark. Tinted moisturizer. You can use it for foundation bc it's tinted and throw on some blush, eyeshadow, and mascara and bam!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I made a quick trip to the mall a couple weeks ago with both kiddos, the lady at the Clinique counter asked if I'd be interested in a "mom makeover." She said to is geared for moms who don't have much time to do a regular makeup routine. I am going to try it in a couple weeks. I know it is just a marketing strategy, but I'm excited anyways!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If I need to look presentable in public I will only do a quick primer, light eye shadow, liquid liner and mascara. It can be done in a couple of minutes with practice and really fast if you don't put the eye liner on. I never wear foundation any more because it never stays on my face but a tinted moisturizer would be my choice also.
  • Options
    I started using Stilla BB cream last year and love it but don't wear it everyday. Normally I just do a touch of under eye concealer and Benefit "They're real mascara".
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My minimal effort routine lately has been a little eyeshadow on my eyebrows to darken and shape, They're Real mascara and a lip tint. Not a lot, but it makes a big difference and takes maybe 2 minutes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I tried Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polish and loved it. Dries quickly and looks great. Also Benefit's Erase Paste concealer is amazing.
  • Options
    I use Mary Kay primer, mascara, and finishing powder, MAC foundation and bronzer, and revlon eyeliner. It only takes me 5 minutes to put it all on. Sometimes I use MAC eyeshadow, and it only takes another minute.

• Options
    Concealer, if needed, brown eye liner, golden brown eye shadow, powder foundation, mascara. Tinted lip stuff if I remember because I keep forgetting it in the car.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I also love this mascara! It lasts all day and makes a huge difference. Also, DUNE eyeshadow by Stila is a nice neutral shade and takes two seconds to apply and lasts all day. This plus a little concealer (I like Lancôme water proof) lasts all day and it takes literally 3 minutes total.

If I'm super fancy, I'll add Laura Mercier baby lips,which is a sheer and really conditioning lip tint/stick.

emmylu30 said:

I started using Stilla BB cream last year and love it but don't wear it everyday. Normally I just do a touch of under eye concealer and Benefit "They're real mascara".

• Options
    I just do mascara and under eye concealer. I feel like if I do something with my eyes it brightens my look up a bit. However, to tell you how often I put anything on - about a week ago right after putting mascara on, my toddler looked at me and said, "are those your eyes? What happened to your eyes mommy?"

• Options

I just make sure I don't have anything that once came out of the either of my kids on my face or clothing.  I'm fancy like that. :P

I went to the grocery store yesterday and threw on a sweatshirt that I thought had been in the wash. Apparently not since it has spit up all over the side and smelled sour and I didn't even notice.

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options

I just make sure I don't have anything that once came out of the either of my kids on my face or clothing.  I'm fancy like that. :P

I went to the grocery store yesterday and threw on a sweatshirt that I thought had been in the wash. Apparently not since it has spit up all over the side and smelled sour and I didn't even notice.
    Spit up was my perfume for 10 months ;)
  • Options
    In all seriousness when I do wear makeup because I want to feel human, I wear aveeno tinted moisturizer, maybelline "line stiletto" liquid eyeliner, and cover girl "lash blast" mascara. And I think I'm still using Chanel blush.

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options
    I'll go ahead and add that putting on a little mascara, eyebrow fill and lip tint is worth it just to avoid the "oh gees...you look really tired today" comments I get at work when I come in without any makeup on...like today.  Yes, I am very tired...but I'm also tired when I have makeup on ;)

And to stay on topic, I forgot to mention the brand of lip tint I use and LOVE.  It's Pixi shea butter lip balm in coral crush.  I got it as a part of one of those premium birch box gift sets that I bought myself right before DS was born, and I am obsessed.  Great amount of color that doesn't wipe off too easy, really moisturizing and I can put it on with minimal makeup and not look like my lips are out of place.  Highly recommend and I think it's only $8 or so.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am a person who likes wearing some makeup.  Even with a newborn.  Having a little on makes -me feel good and after the shit I went through to have this baby, I don't feel bad about doing something that makes me feel good postpartum! 

For me, it's all about hiding the scary dark circles under my eyes.  I swear by Laura Mercier secret camoflage concealer.  If family and friends are dropping by to visit, I will use some secret camouflage, powder, blush, mascara, and lip gloss or tinted chap stick.  
    If I'm leaving the house, I will add a tinted moisturizer and eye makeup.

But seriously, I swear by this stuff, even though it is a bit pricey

• Options
    I know I haven't posted much on here but I started using this face cream at night called Nerium. It has worked miracles on the circles and bags under my eyes from being a sleep deprived FTM. I haven't had to use foundation or concealer since about 2 weeks into using it!!
  • Options
    I work from home so makeup went out the window waaay before the baby was born lol - mascara is my idea of fancy now. I do need to attend a black tie event in a couple weeks though so these are some good tips...now to find a gown I can pump in...my MIL suggested a button down. Wtf?? Where do I get a button down gown?
  • Options
    Miracle Skin Transformer Face is seriously amazing. It takes like 5 seconds to apply, feels amazing, covers very well and even has SPF! When I started wearing it people suddenly started to notice the "glow" of pregnancy- ha, no, it was this magic stuff. It's like a BB cream but has better coverage than any that I have tried. My mom stumbled across it at Costco earlier this year and we are ADDICTED. The link I shared is the cheapest I've seen (and I'll be stocking up) but Costco was the best price for a long time. It's like $50 at Nordstrom but I just can't stand to pay that much. 

I wear this with mascara, brow powder, and bronzer/blush. Takes 2 minutes and makes me feel like one of the Normals. 
  • Options
    smabdo said:
    Wait. Showers are a daily goal?
    My daily goal is to remember to put on deodorant!
    I keep a tube in the diaper bag- seriously saved me when I realized after walking 10 blocks in the sun that I'd forgotten to apply it at home!
  • Options
    I'm at home most days and aside from the occasional errand, I only see the teachers at my daughter's school at drop off and pickup, and my husband at night after he gets home from work, so make-up seems pointless, as does blow drying my hair.  It is in a pony tail almost every day and I don't feel particularly great about the frizzy mess.  I would also feel better if I put on some make-up, but it just doesn't seem worth it. I like these tips though.
  • Options
    For me it's a great pick me up to put on my makeup! It doesn't happen most days but when I do it I feel better :) I'm a makeup artist and hairstylist so getting a quick routine down so I look presentable at work is important. I like using concealer, stick version is very easy! Then I use bare minerals powder foundation, a little blush. I put on a neutral eyeshadow and liquid liner on top then top it off with mascara maybe a fun color lipstick if I'm feeling fancy. This whole look takes 5 minutes and makes you look put together even if you don't feel put together! My 5 week old just hangs out with me in her swing while I do this and she doesn't seem to mind :)
  • Options
    @biokitty42 I know right!! Today I was sitting next to DD1 and I realized, "when's the last time I had a bath?!? (Looks at DD1) when's the last time you had a bath!?!?!!"
    I NEVER wear makeup, maybe for those long forgotten date nights? But who remembers now! I have physicians formula foundation powder if I use any, and eye shadow. Covergirl eyeliner. Mayebelline mascara.
    My mainstays are lip gloss or baby lips! Love baby lips!!
  • Options
    wpatx said:

I'll go ahead and add that putting on a little mascara, eyebrow fill and lip tint is worth it just to avoid the "oh gees...you look really tired today" comments I get at work when I come in without any makeup on...like today.  Yes, I am very tired...but I'm also tired when I have makeup on ;)

And to stay on topic, I forgot to mention the brand of lip tint I use and LOVE.  It's Pixi shea butter lip balm in coral crush.  I got it as a part of one of those premium birch box gift sets that I bought myself right before DS was born, and I am obsessed.  Great amount of color that doesn't wipe off too easy, really moisturizing and I can put it on with minimal makeup and not look like my lips are out of place.  Highly recommend and I think it's only $8 or so.
    i stopped by Target on my way home last night and got the lip balm in Pixi Pink...love it!. You're right...it really does last a while...and I love the bright pink :-)
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Options
    @brittneyandadam yay! I'm so glad you like it!  I feel like a casual bright lip can brighten up the face so much.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't wear makeup much anymore, but when I do I use Bare Escentuals. I love their mineral foundation. It give great coverage, is easy to apply and offers sun protection. When I'm in a hurry I buff on on the foundation, full in my brows, apply some mascara, and use some blush. When I have a little more time I use some brown eyeliner and a neutral eye shadow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"