September 2012 Moms
Options

Halloween Costume Remorse

I bought W a koala bear fuzzy vest/hoodie where the hood is the face and ears.  It was $19 at TJMaxx.  Now I am feeling mom guilt that I should have done something she'd be excited about - a movie character, or an animal she could get into character with :(  Any suggestions?  She hates the costume.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: Halloween Costume Remorse

• Options
    I bought W a koala bear fuzzy vest/hoodie where the hood is the face and ears.  It was $19 at TJMaxx.  Now I am feeling mom guilt that I should have done something she'd be excited about - a movie character, or an animal she could get into character with :(  Any suggestions?  She hates the costume.
    I have remorse the opposite.  I spent $45 on an adorable wolf costume for DS (to go with DD being Little Red Riding Hood) but he HATES the costume.  I have tried twice now to get just one picture of him smiling in it..impossible.  I am not putting him in it again..trying to sell it now..
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @crene84 is the hood kind of heavy?  That seems to be why W is throwing a fit about.  Sigh.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just wonder if I should order something she loves.  She loves to rawr like a monster.  Anyone find a cute monster costume? 

• Options
    I got dd a Cinderella costume first, but it was tight & scratchy & she didn't like it. Luckily it was free return shipping with Amazon prime. Now she's being bat girl & is very excited. ( Ds is being Spider-Man.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MelsaX said:
    Cut her hair again and make her Lloyd Christmas.
    This could work out, because she does need a haircut! 
    =))

• Options
    I feel so much guilt over this, it's stupid.  I think because I've been gone so much lately and I'm homesick.  I have major working mom guilt.

• Options
    Last year DS was Peter Pan and was so cute. This year I had no energy to find a costume so I ended up just buying a monster one off of my local buy and sell. It's just pants and a sweater with the good. He May end up being Peter Pan again.

• Options
    It may just be the age. Obviously some 2 yr olds dress up, but Hazel won't. She asked to be Anna from Frozen (Eric wanted to be Olaf), but there is just no getting her into the costume. She'll wear the hat I had made for her (it will be her winter hat this year. SO cute).

When Eric was this age, he wouldn't wear a costume for anything either. I finally ended up dying a white tshirt bright yellow and putting electrical tape on it to make him Charlie Brown. He has loved dressing up every year since.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @crene84 is the hood kind of heavy?  That seems to be why W is throwing a fit about.  Sigh.
    Even without the hoodie, he turns into a sweat ball in a matter of seconds.
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're likely going to end up in a Charlie Brown shirt again this year. He gives no fucks about dress up and acts like we're murdering him if I even try a hat.
    He has a lot of opinions now but costumes ain't one.
    (Formerly MamaBearKendy)
  • Options
    I went the homemade route so it just seems like to her regular clothes and a headband. Maybe cookie monster or one the girls from monster high (never actually watched that show)

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    The year James was almost 2, he hated the monster costume I bought him when I put it on the week before Halloween. But come the day of, he was so excited about Halloween he would have put any costume on. Talk up Halloween and dressing up and getting candy, I think she will be fine the day of. And bears can rawr with the best of them.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Could you take her out to the store to look for one if its bothering you and she won't wear what you had already picked?  It might take a bit of time but it worked for us.

We took my son out to a few Halloween stores, K-Mart and Target on Friday to look for one, as he was 100% against anything on his head we wanted to let him pick.  three stores and my last straw idea was to get him a dress up costume of a doctor or something from the toy section.  So we went to that section and low and behold the for the first time that night he gets super excited about a costume.  he's going to be a chef. So i bought that one.  it was probably the same cost as a Halloween costume and he might actually get a more wear out of it since he can play with it with his grill (and soon to be play kitchen he's getting from Santa :) )

Might be worth a look in the play / dress up area as well
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options

I feel so much guilt over this, it's stupid.  I think because I've been gone so much lately and I'm homesick.  I have major working mom guilt.
    stop it. stop it right now.

She will give nonfucks about her costume by November 1st.  

Honestly? I haven't bought a costume yet and I may just skip it. I hvae a feeling Lo won't cooperate regardless of what we buy. so meh. 
    Get out of here with your good judgement and reason :p  I keep telling myself this, and I still feel guilty.  I just need to snap out of it!  I know she won't care!

@kdsmith43 GOOD IDEA!  I bet a good bag will be more exciting than the actual costume

@harti09 Ooooooo Well in another mom fail, we don't really do dress up.  I think she'd really like it though, maybe I'll buy a costume and if she hates it on Oct 31, she may like it in May.  :)

• Options
    Emma wore her swimsuit to her preschool dress up day because she didn't want to wear her costume. I just said she was a California Girl. Don't stress too much about the costume, she won't care. You're a good mom, that's not determined by how much time and effort goes into Halloween prep.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    I also don't think she's going to really know or care. No way would my DD say, "Gee, I wish Mommy had made me Elmo instead of this stupid parrot." Use the costume you have and make your life a tiny bit easier. This is not a reason to feel guilt.

• Options
    I saw that koala costume. It is adorable!! I'd maybe look at see if there was anything else I really liked, but I wouldn't stress or pay too much. Like @kdsmith43‌ said, the candy is all they'll think about. And you know she will look adorable no matter what.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"