Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Intro and looking for suggestion re. activities for 1 year old

Hi Ladies, 

I would like to introduce myself and join you over here on Toddlers 12-24 mo.  

I have spent most of the past year on the Breastfeeding board, and before that on 2IF, PAIF, High risk preg.  My amazing DS just turned one and about a week before that we found out we are expecting again (big surprise BFP)!  

I am a full time working mom and DS stays home with a nanny.  We do take him to the park regularly and occasionally get together with friends' kids.  I would really like to get him involved in an organized activity of some sort so that he will have more interaction with kids his age.  I am looking for suggestions on your favorite activity for a one year old who is very active.  I am thinking of swim lessons, but wanted to hear other recommendations.  

Thanks in advance!
TTC #1 12/2009
BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
4/2012 FET BFP #3
5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
Baby,please stay!!
Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and looking for suggestion re. activities for 1 year old

• Options
    We LOVE swimming lessons - I would definitely recommend that.  If we didn't do that, I think I would try either a toddler gymnastic class or something music-related.
  • Options
    We do Water Babies once a week, DS loves that, he's been taking those classes since he was about 9 months. We had tried a music group over the summer, but he hated it. Literally started crying when we would walk inside the building. Not sure why it was such a huge fail for him, all the other kids there had a great time, although he was among the youngest in the class (he was about 14 months when we started).
    We're thinking some type of gymnastics is next, because he loves climbing, but probably not until he is at least 2. But he also goes to day care, so he gets a lots of variety there, socialization, all that good stuff, so we don't seek out too many other activities.
    Now we are looking for ways for him to get some "running around" time on the weekends since we don't spend as much time outside with the weather getting yucky. Eager to hear what other parents do for indoor active play options.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Storytime at the library is my son's favorite, plus it's free! We also love the kids' gym class at the ymca. It's not actual gymnastics, just open gym time, very unstructured. They let the kids play on all the gymnastics equipment with parent supervision, and it's a total ball!!
  • Options
    Swim lessons are great and both my boys have been going since around 7 months, but I don't think it's an ideal activity for socialization with other kids. There is very little interaction with the other kids in the class, and I'd think a mommy and me class would be better for that. Try a local gymnastics place, which often have them on Saturdays. The "My Gym" by us is popular and also good for activity/socialization. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Gymnastics!  For sure!  WE LOVE our Mommy and Me "Tiny Tumbles" class!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"