TTC after 35
Options

CD 1 really sucking, trying to look on the bright side

Hi all,
just wanted to say that I was getting ready for a baby shower and AF came.  I realized immediately that being at the shower would be too difficult emotionally, and so I told my husband and started crying.  I went to 2 baby showers in August and handled them fine, but this one, for my friend who struggled for over a year, I thought I could do it too.  But getting AF today just sucked extra.  Such a long cycle, today was day 38!  It is hard to tell from my temping when I actually ovulated b/c it went up in a saw-tooth way, but I figured today is 10 DPO.

My only friend who was trying is now announcing her pregnancy, and we work together so it's in my face.

The good things I can pull out (because I am an idealist and optimist) are:
1. Now a June baby doesn't make me go back to work in the busy season, and I can get off more work :)
2. I can go to my cousin's wedding in June
3. The astrologer said that an August baby looks likely (that gives me 2 more months right?! before I really freak out)
4. There was something but I forgot. I'm sure there are more things!

Just wanted to put it out there for soliciting a little extra support from all of you, we're not alone! Thought it feels like it.  I'm so glad I have all of you.
xo
TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
Seriously considering IVF in March/April
12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 

Re: CD 1 really sucking, trying to look on the bright side

• Options
    wannabmama23wannabmama23 member
    edited October 2014
    @Radiantly‌ I'm sorry about CD 1 :( especially when planning to head to a baby shower! Crummy timing. I love your positives...always a good idea to look to find a bright side or two. This AM I got bfn, it's 11dpo so I guess there's still a chance but I'm not hopeful...and I was telling DH and we did the same thing. If I'm out this cycle, our positives are: might be able to go to friend's wedding in Belize in March; will be more likely to be able to go to best friend's 40th bday extravaganza in April; and if my cycle stayed the same and we got ku next month, the DD could be on my fur baby's bday...plus, DH loves BD with a purpose, so he's excited for another month of that. Lol. Here's hoping the astrologer is right and the BFP is coming!! Hugs for the rough day! ETA paragraph spacing fail...iPad bumping, ugh
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    (((Hugs))) Radiantly.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CD1 is the worst @Radiantly‌ - sorry to hear it's upon you. But your attitude really is great - much better than mine on CD1 this cycle. If nothing else, know that your optimism has inspired me (and probably others) to try even harder to focus on the good even in a crappy situation.

I'm sorry it wasn't your cycle, but fingers crossed it'll happen for you soon!

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    wannabmama23 omg!! the top gun video!  i love that!!
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    Ugh. I'm sorry.
    I jogged twice this week which is two more times than I have in at least 52 weeks. It was also a beautiful fall day so I'm focused on that. I'll attach a pic.

@lcwed. Wth?! I started spotting today too. We are totally cycle twinsies, which I realize is weird.
  • Options
    wvarn said:
    CD 3 here :(  Your optimism is rubbing off on me. Maybe I will get KU on my birthday and announce around Christmas. :) 

Side note: I am buying a Thermometer either tomorrow or the next day so I can try to figure out exactly when I O. 

@wvarn‌ it really helps.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Ugh. I'm sorry. I jogged twice this week which is two more times than I have in at least 52 weeks. It was also a beautiful fall day so I'm focused on that. I'll attach a pic. @lcwed. Wth?! I started spotting today too. We are totally cycle twinsies, which I realize is weird.
    Sorry for the spotting, maybe we can continue to be cycle twinsies and both get a temp jump tomorrow.  Also, thanks for the picture.  The colors are gorgeous.  I've said it before, but I miss those deep fall colors.  They don't look like that in the desert.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    I always love your optimism, Radiantly. I do so hope that you get your BFP soon.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Way to look on the bright side... did you end up going to the shower?  

AF is due Friday for me.  My BFF is getting married on Saturday.  Using your optimism to tell myself if she shows or if it's a BFN at least I can drink at her wedding and don't have to make up excuses (I'd tell her but for everyone else) as to why I can't.  So thanks for making us all look for the silver linings!

me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Thanks. Hell no I didn't go to the shower. Stayed an worked on my computer and went on a walk with DH. Haven't heard back from my friend yet.
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    Sorry for d1... best wishes for upcoming cycle!
  • Options
    Sorry about the BFN.  FX for this cycle!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options

@Radiantly - I'm so sorry. :(  CD1 sucks ass! Big hugs to you! But seriously, your optimism is wonderful and refreshing!! :)

Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• Options
    I'm so sorry. I love how you've been able to stay optimistic through all this. I admit I disliked showers even before TTC - so boring! Now I find them unbearable. I usually claim that I have a cold and don't want to germ up the mom to be.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"