1st Trimester

Fell down at 11 weeks

2»

Re: Fell down at 11 weeks

• ashlelynn20ashlelynn20 member
    edited October 2014
    Edited by mod. No name calling.
  • smartpony said:
    I agree, worse than high school in here. A lot of hormonal, catty people that have nothing else better to do then be mean to people seeking support. I guess they are the "plastics" of the site, haha. There is no shame in wanting to be extra sure that your baby is okay. If going to the ER is what makes you feel better then do it. Everyone else can eff off :)
    I am unsure of the "plastics" comment but utilizing the Emergency Department as a personal doctor's office has serious repercussions for the health system as a whole and for your personal sanity. In my experience, and that of many women, Emergency Department doctors are trained to deal with life threatening issues. They are not specially trained in obstetrics. They have misdiagnosed women and caused panic. This is beyond the higher health care cost for utilizing an emergency service. No, using the ED as your personal doctor's office is a misguided idea. 
    I would say you are a little misguided. But hey you know what they say about opinions being like assholes. It's not worth the time or energy. Ever see mean girls. Yeah. "plastics".
    I'm trying to understand how I am misguided? By personal experiences or anecdotal experiences with ED doctors? The Emergency Department is not your doctor's office. If you use it as such you will increase health care costs for everyone and possibly get bad information. 

And I understand what the "plastics" are in terms of the movie, just not clear how it applies here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsMuq said:
    Thanks ladies for the opinions some helpful some very hateful. Next time instead of posting about something hoping to get helpful advice I won't. Another things to everyone who said about the nurse hotline I could have called and watched for the symptoms that May or may not have happened but instead I went to the er and when I went home and tucked myself in be I KNEW with absolute certainty my baby was just fine and that helped me sleep. The er doctor took a total or 10 mins with me so rest assure people I didn't take away from others too much.
    But what happened to you wasn't an emergency. You had no signs that something was "wrong," you were just being paranoid because you fell. That's the point of an emergency room - emergencies. You could have called your OB, you could have called the nurses' hotline, you could have gone an an after-hours care/urgent clinic. All you did was waste a doctor's time who will charge your insurance hundreds of dollars for no reason.
    Sadly, and I hate to say this, I tend to agree with this. Being pregnant probably brings out some extreme paranoia but unless you start bleeding or cramping really badly, you should probably just call a nurses hotline or even ask your OB the next time you go in, what to do in after hours situations.
  • AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited October 2014
    Sure is a lot ok know it alls on here maybe I should've just asked you all and I wouldn't have had to go to the er at all.

huh? Nvm I got it.
  • Ok you ignorant bitch I didn't wake up in the middle night thinking something is wrong I fell
    Whoaaaa seriously are you talking to me?  I was nothing but polite to you...my last post was addressing someone else.  I directly quoted her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
    edited October 2014
    Ok you ignorant bitch I didn't wake up in the middle night thinking something is wrong I fell

Over a gate not down a flight of stairs
    ETA:nice violation of TOU
  • TeeJ526 said:
    What fascinates me is that OP went to the ER, spoke to a doctor, got confirmation that everything is fine, but STILL WANTS OPINIONS from the interwebz. Guaranteed calling her own doctor and being told that over the phone wouldn't have sufficed.
    AND several posts GAVE her that confirmation.  Maybe not with smiley faces at the end of each sentence, but she did get the support she asked for.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • MauiBliss said:
    The quote trees are taking over. 
    God, A-fucking-men. Trim your damn trees, people!

I apologize. I didn't realize how to trim them but I'm pretty sure you just delete the quotes in the beginning. Am I right?
  • Nice I'm paying for you to have your baby anyways. Your welcome ;)

Oh, you're one of those?
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just want everyone to know that it's a shame that I have been nothing but put down on a form I started to make me feel better thanks ladies
    Go call your mom.  
  • Can I just point out that I've been on TB for 5 years, on and off semi-regular poster, and the only nasty thing that was ever said to me was by the OP in this thread.  Who is complaining about people being mean to her.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I don't get how these posters are getting offended because no one freaks out as much as they do. So because we are able to think calmly and rationally and act accordingly, that makes everyone here a group of mean girls. Gotcha. If you're so happy and content with your non drama and the decisions you made, why post about it? Looking for other arm-wavers and overreactors so you can freak each other out in solidarity? Okay. Whatever. Bye now.

She didn't get offended because no one freaked out with her. She got offended when people tried to belittle her and make her feel stupid for no good reason. So she may have overreacted but she pays for insurance for a reason....to use it when she feels the need. Also, I have not experienced a miscarriage personally but know women who have and they are extra cautious and nervous during pregnancy. Simply commenting that she's probably overreacting would have been sufficient. Going out of your way to belittle someone is completely different.
  • You people are acting like I committed a crime I went to er to make sure my baby was fine. Negative Nancy's please stop commenting.
    Well since I don't have insurance and you're driving up my health care costs with unnecessary hospital visits... :-? No one is over reacting, they're suggesting you think before running off to ER next time. Also, welcome to the internet. You can't post on a public forum and try to dictate how people will respond. Sorry.

Yep....I'm sure its the pregnant woman who fell and wanted a check up and used insurance that she pays for that's driving up your health care costs. Probably has nothing to do with all the people who go with the cold or because they stubbed their toe and want pain meds. Give me a break. You are really making a stretch there.
  • It's not the same thing when you cant see inside your stomach to see if your baby is ok. Also, she did mention she was having pains. I can admit she probably over reacted but its not the same thing as what you are mentioning.
    edited October 2014
    Wake_Life said:

It's not the same thing when you cant see inside your stomach to see if your baby is ok. Also, she did mention she was having pains. I can admit she probably over reacted but its not the same thing as what you are mentioning.

The point is if she had called her OB and the doctor was concerned she would have sent her to l&d floor, that's what mine would have done. Plus if for some reason she were unfortunately having a miscarriage, the ER (no one)can do anything about it.
  • Omg I really thought we were done here I guess not. A couple things In MY particular hospital you have to be at least 20 weeks to go to labor and delivery so that was not a option. Also I had my first doctors appt already I did not receive this magic number you ladies were referring to, to call on a Saturday night at 8 30 when I fell. I fell I was scared my side hurt so I went in. I work in the health care field specializing in insurance that is my job you ladies are completely uneducated if you think my trip to the er is what's wrong with the out health care system today. I can assure you it's not
  • I just have a quick question there's about 4 of you girls on here I'm noticing it on other threads. I just joined about a week ago ago and this is my first post but you girls are hateful you ruin threads and turn them around and make them About you. You know who you are and I honestly wondering why is it necessary do you all feel better About yourselves to put others down?
  • Wow we must be reading different things then. Because these GIRLS yes I mean girls grown women don't act this way are down right rude they have no idea what they are talking about on anythjng I have read that they have posted. Now Come on "girls" just keep the go call your momma comments coming. No one stand up to you guys there is literally 4 of you. You all should not even be allowed to post you should be kicked off
  • MauiBliss said:
    Wake_Life said:
    It's not the same thing when you cant see inside your stomach to see if your baby is ok. Also, she did mention she was having pains. I can admit she probably over reacted but its not the same thing as what you are mentioning.
    Dude. Stahp. The white knighting all over the board, for posts that are from January, no less, is obnoxious. 

If you don't know how unnecessary visits and procedures drive up premiums and health costs for all, I suggest you go read about it. 

Well they are on todays news feed so obviously people are still talking about them. And white knighting? LOL you mean having an opinion that differs from others and expressing it in a respectful manner?
  • TeeJ526 said:
    Wake_Life said:
    You seemed to miss the part where OP had an ultrasound... Regardless of whether or not she has insurance, drives up premiums with unnecessary visits or whatever, she got an ultrasound and was still freaking out. Stop WKing. You look and sound ridiculous.
    I didn't miss that part  and I don't look or sound ridiculous.  The only thing I defended was her right to go to the emergency room when she felt her baby could be injured. And please.....with your infinite knowledge of how medical premiums work explain to us just exactly how her making one trip to the ER has made our premiums go up?  
  • You people talking about white kinging and getting onto that girl look and sound ridiculous why waste your time just move on people. The people who actually had similar experiences the normal people who don't cause drama wouldn't comment on this thread because of all the bs that was put on here. Even though it makes no difference to you ladies I undersatnd I know miscarriages happen and I'm not the only one that it happened to half of the ladies that left comments I'm assuming you didn't go through it. It is the worst thing that had ever happened to me in my life words cannot explain the pain that is causes. I miscarried in July so I'm assuming I got pregnant again right away I am scared and nervous about a lot of things I just wanna go on to have a healthy baby so do I freak out sure. Go through what I went through when that happens maybe then you can judge.
  • MrsMuq said:
    Wake_Life said:
    TeeJ526 said:
    Wake_Life said:
    You seemed to miss the part where OP had an ultrasound... Regardless of whether or not she has insurance, drives up premiums with unnecessary visits or whatever, she got an ultrasound and was still freaking out. Stop WKing. You look and sound ridiculous.
    I didn't miss that part  and I don't look or sound ridiculous.  The only thing I defended was her right to go to the emergency room when she felt her baby could be injured. And please.....with your infinite knowledge of how medical premiums work explain to us just exactly how her making one trip to the ER has made our premiums go up?  
    Are you being deliberately dense? ::insert sarcasm:: Of course, one visit isn't going to make premiums go up. But a lack of sense as to when to use the ER, and millions of visits like the OP has made make premiums go up. Seriously, stop acting obtuse.

I'm not acting obtuse... she was told several different times that she personally was making peoples premiums go up. It was her first experience with a scary pregnancy situation and she over reacted a little. I'm sure she wont make the same mistake again. Now if she had said she'd been to the ER for several different things I could see people saying....you are making my premiums go up or that type of behavior makes our premiums go up but saying that over one isolated incident is ridiculous! You guys harping on a pregnant girl who took a fall and got scared and went to the ER and blaming her for rising premiums is obtuse and more than that.....it's mean spirited and unnecessary.
  • amelyse39amelyse39 member
    edited October 2014
    Um, what about going to urgent care for this? Or calling a nurses hotline? I was in the ER for an actual emergency in February and a guy who literally cut his fingers off with an electric saw was sitting in the ER for TWO HOURS holding the damn fingers in a ziploc bag because some dumb bias were in there who wanted to be tested for bronchitis. I had to wait five hours. Moral of the story, dont go to the ER when it's not an emergency.
  • Everyone handles there losses differently to be fair I never said my pain was greater than anybody's if I offended with that comment then I'm sorry. Everything I say gets twisted with each new comment
  • Wake_Life said:
    MrsMuq said:
    Wake_Life said:
    TeeJ526 said:
    Wake_Life said:
    Are you being deliberately dense? ::insert sarcasm:: Of course, one visit isn't going to make premiums go up. But a lack of sense as to when to use the ER, and millions of visits like the OP has made make premiums go up. Seriously, stop acting obtuse.

I'm not acting obtuse... she was told several different times that she personally was making peoples premiums go up. It was her first experience with a scary pregnancy situation and she over reacted a little. I'm sure she wont make the same mistake again. Now if she had said she'd been to the ER for several different things I could see people saying....you are making my premiums go up or that type of behavior makes our premiums go up but saying that over one isolated incident is ridiculous! You guys harping on a pregnant girl who took a fall and got scared and went to the ER and blaming her for rising premiums is obtuse and more than that.....it's mean spirited and unnecessary.
    Holy quote tree. It is obtuse thinking on your part. You want to play by semantics, fine. Yes, OP isn't driving up costs on her own, however, there are plenty of people out there like OP that go to the ER unnecessarily. She was told that in the future that she should contact her doctor directly and began to make excuses rather than see the bigger picture. And like I said before, she went to the ER, saw a doctor, got an ultrasound, was told everything was fine, but is still freaking out and asking strangers on the Internet for advice. So no, I don't agree with you that this will be the last time OP over reacts.
  • Everyone handles there losses differently to be fair I never said my pain was greater than anybody's if I offended with that comment then I'm sorry. Everything I say gets twisted with each new comment
    It wasn't twisting your comments. You said you assumed that all of the women commenting here that you don't agree with must have never experienced a miscarriage. We have lots of women on this board unfortunately that have experienced miscarriages as well as IF. No one is out to get you because of your previous loss.
  • emopnyemopny member
    edited October 2014
    chrain said:

You people talking about white kinging and getting onto that girl look and sound ridiculous why waste your time just move on people. The people who actually had similar experiences the normal people who don't cause drama wouldn't comment on this thread because of all the bs that was put on here. Even though it makes no difference to you ladies I undersatnd I know miscarriages happen and I'm not the only one that it happened to half of the ladies that left comments I'm assuming you didn't go through it. It is the worst thing that had ever happened to me in my life words cannot explain the pain that is causes. I miscarried in July so I'm assuming I got pregnant again right away I am scared and nervous about a lot of things I just wanna go on to have a healthy baby so do I freak out sure. Go through what I went through when that happens maybe then you can judge.

That's cute.

I've had two miscarriages this year. I still wouldn't go to the ER if I fell. I know what it's like to call my dr at 8:30 on a Saturday night because I was hemorrhaging to be referred to their emergency service and then sent to the ER by the doc on call.

ER doctors are not specially trained in pregnancy. They are trained in saving a life in an emergency. Several bumpies have had bad experiences with ER docs telling them their baby is gone when it's not or inciting panic. They can't stop a miscarriage when it starts. And an ER doc and ER ultrasound tech are not there to hold you hand when you fall down and go boom. They are there to make sure you aren't dying and then move on.

@mauibliss - who was it in M15 who was told they lost their baby by the ER doc only to find out it was fine? I can't remember. 

Anyway, I've walked in the miscarriage shoes TWICE buttercup. So... yeah. 

***quote***

ERs aren't comfort blankets.

"Nobody dies a virgin, because in the end life fucks us all."
  • I think I will now. The bump is such a wonderful sight with great information I have the app right on my phone. I thought this would be a good experience talking with other pregnant women about different experiences I was wrong I guess. Best of luck to you all.
  • Snapdragon750 I do not agree with any of this advice. I did nothing wrong so i would not say that. we all have opinions I totally get that im not potraying myself as some victim that needs my mommy or need my hand held. Most of the comments that were left were uncalled for thats all i have to say. I read the rules some of these last comment I would say would be called "trolling".
  • Snapdragon750 I do not agree with any of this advice. I did nothing wrong so i would not say that. we all have opinions I totally get that im not potraying myself as some victim that needs my mommy or need my hand held. Most of the comments that were left were uncalled for thats all i have to say. I read the rules some of these last comment I would say would be called "trolling".
    Okay so...you're saying that if a similar thing were to happen again you'd go to the ER again?

(also seriously, no offense, but you don't know what trolling is)

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Im not wrong and ya I understand pretty clearly i know how to read maybe you need a little refresher course and to go back and take a peek at rules :)

• Wow we must be reading different things then. Because these GIRLS yes I mean girls grown women don't act this way are down right rude they have no idea what they are talking about on anythjng I have read that they have posted. Now Come on "girls" just keep the go call your momma comments coming. No one stand up to you guys there is literally 4 of you. You all should not even be allowed to post you should be kicked off
    But did you call your mom tho?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"