Trouble TTC
Options

The nightmare continues

Okay, 2 things...first, I want to apologize for the continuous posts that I have been posting and for my lack of support to others.  I promise the posts will slow down now that the worst (hopefully) is over and that I will start supporting others as you have all generously and selflessly supported me.

Second, I need your support again.  Here's the current situation:  My D&C is over and I'm feeling better than expected physically.  My mental state is still on the mend and right now I'm feeling so vulnerable and overwhelmed with my current situation.  DH and I went through the ringer this month with our bfp that we were only able to enjoy for 1 full day until we found out my hcg levels were not doubling and that this was not a viable pregnancy.  It got so bad that DH and I got in a fight because I felt that he was not fully supporting me and he ended up leaving me for 5 hours to go hang out with a buddy which during his 5 hour absence my friend who has been with me during my IF journey announced her bfp.  DH wasn't answering the phone and I was about to lose my mind.  After this occurred, I ended up packing my bags, throwing my wedding ring across the room, and announcing that I wanted a divorce.  Not my proudest moment by any means and he is still really struggling to let this go.  Well, last night DH let me know that he no longer wants children and doesn't want to try anymore.  I, on the other hand, want children more than ever now and honestly the only thing that was keeping me sane with having this D&C was knowing that we could try again immediately afterwards according to my RE.  We are allowed to start trying again this Wednesday and I am so crushed right now at the thought of never having children.  It hurts me so bad.  I honestly feel that the only way to get past having this miscarriage is to keep trucking on and have shot at a healthy pregnancy.  I let DH know my feelings, but let him know that losing him is not worth having children (which I fully mean).  I love him with all my heart and I am not willing to end this marriage for children, but I do not know if I will be able to ever let my dream of having children go.   

I apologize for the long post, but ladies I need your support so badly right now.  I'm so lost.  It feels like this nightmare is truly never going to end.
Me: 25  DH: 24
Me: 4th Grade ELAR Teacher  DH: Police Officer
Married: May 28, 2011
TTC 1st Child since January 2013
1st RE Appt: 8/19/14
Blood Work: 8/26/14
HSG Test: 9/2/14
RE Appt to discuss results and treatment: 9/8/14
Shocking BFP: 9/27/14
D&C: 10/17/14
Benching myself until we fully heal
Unexpected BFP: 1/23/15

Re: The nightmare continues

• Options

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.

Dealing with IF (and loss) is a true test of a marriage, and I can honestly say that my H and I have had some serious fights related to this whole process too.

My advice would be to take this cycle off from TTC. Of course, I know almost nothing about you and your H, but to me, his reaction sounds like an emotional one. He might just be responding to the emotions surrounding the loss and the emotions he felt when you said you wanted a divorce. It might be a good idea to take a short break from TTC to reconnect with each other and revisit the conversation in a month or so.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You have all of our hugs!!!!!

I'm so sorry you have to keep going through this. I wish this would all just go away for you. Can I offer another opinion? And all of this will be said with the utmost love and empathy for your situation. I agree with PPs that you should probably take at least one cycle off TTC. You're coming off one of you very high highs (BFP) and a very low low (non-viable pregnancy). You don't get much more roller coaster than that! If you try again right away, it may be just a way for you to avoid fully going through the grieving process. Based on your explosive fight with your husband, you sound sad and angry. You need time to work through that.

While I completely understand that you feel like your husband wasn't supporting you in the way you needed him to, throwing rings and pulling out the divorce card was a low blow. It sounds like you recognize that. Now, I don't know you all that well, but it sounds like you wanted to hurt him like he hurt you by not supporting you. I get that, and it apparently worked because he's pulling back on the baby thing. He's going to need some time to heal from that too. I'm glad you made a point of saying to him that he's more important than TTC. Keep telling him that. Men need to hear that. 

Give it some time and then revisit the TTC thing. You'll heal, he'll heal and he may come back around.

ALL THE LOVE!

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    LindseyM2012 Thank you for your honest and frank advice.  It most definitely was a low blow and I regret it so much.  That was not me at all.  I don't know who I was and I hate that I became that person.  I wish I could go back in time because I know that I'm the reason we're in the mess.  Luckily, we had a huge heart to heart and we aired everything out last night.  DH knows that I'm sincere and has forgiven me which is helping me heal.  I have promised him that divorce will never leave my lips again and I mean it.  Even though it's hard to accept, I agree that we need to put off TTC for at least this cycle and possibly more if that's what we need.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your situation. I have never experienced a loss as you have, but I do know that all of the stuff that comes along with TTTC can be really hard on you and your partner. I think my husband really struggles with how to really support me because I really am the one that is having to do anything. Along the same lines, I do feel like I harbor resentment towards my husband because he doesn't have to do anything. It's such a fine line and the relationship gets tested all the time. I hope you two can communicate openly with each other and come to a decision for now. The good thing about life is that it can always change at anytime. Big hugs to you!
    Me: 26  DH: 31
    Married 10/15/11
    Started TTC 8/2012
    8/12-8/13 - TTC Naturally

8/2013 - PCOS/anovulation diagnosis
    8/2013 - Metformin + Clomid, no reaction (Not insulin resistant, but tried Metformin to see if it would make a difference.)
    9 & 10/2013 - Femara, no reaction
    12/2013 - Referred to RE
    8-9/2014 - Follistim + Ovidril + TI= BFN
    10/2014 - Follistim + Ovidril + TI=???  

• Options
    @williegsocks - It certainly doesn't sound like you. You are such a sweetie. But that just highlights how hurt you were, that such a sweet person like you could say such a hurtful thing to a man you love. All you can do is what you've already done: apologize, reassure him and yourself that your marriage is important to you, start a heart-to-heart dialogue and forgive each other (of course I don't know everything that's happened, but it sounds like both of you could have done things differently). 

You can do this together. He isn't the enemy, you're not the enemy. It is you two against IF.

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    I tryped out a long response, but realized the best thing I have to say is I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. It's not fair and it sucks!
    Married 06.30.2012
    TTC 10.01.2012
    BFP 06.04.2014  EDD 02.13.2015  D&C 07.25.2014

photo February4_zps0abb1614.jpg
    RE Consult Results
    Me: 32, PCOS, Hypothyroid, HSG All Clear
    DH: 33, Low Morph (2.5%)
    11.2014 (Letrozole+IUI+Progesterone)=?

• Options
    rachelkeller Thank you for your post.  It's comforting to know that someone else is with me on this.  We definitely will openly communicate about this and you are so right things can change at any moment.  I have hope that in the next few days things will change and get better as we return to normal and love on one another again.

• Options
    Willie I am so incredibly sorry for everything you're going through; I can't even imagine.  ((HUGS)) ((HUGS)) ((HUGS))

I don't have any advice to add to the wonderful words of wisdom the other ladies have already given you.  I think taking maybe just one month off to give you both some time to grieve this whole thing, individually and together may help, and I would definitely second seeking some counseling.  I know that when I'm incredibly upset MH feels totally hopeless and nothing scares him more than not being able to protect me or take away my pain.  I'm sure YH has some of that compounded by his own fear and grief.

Good luck.  I feel confident you two will get through this and continue on your TTC journey.
    Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options
    No need to apologize about needing some support.  That is what we are all here for.  First of all TTTC is rough on marriage.. My husband and I haven't fought too much but we definitely have had our fights and mostly because he deals with his feeling in a different way than I do.  I want to talk about how I am feeling and what I have found researching while he wants to simply not talk about it.  It made me feel like he didn't care... Long story short we had to both sit down and really talk about how we felt.  I think that you are both going through so much right now. You are both hurting( even if he doesn't admit it) and both scared of what the future holds.  Sometimes people act in the extreme.. like I never want to have children again or I want a divorce... It is most likely just your emotions and stress speaking.. Don't make any rash decisions give each other time to really deal with your emotions.  Talk to a counselor.. Talk to each other.. Give each other time to heal... Hugs to you!!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    Willie, I am so sorry you are going through this. I honestly think he is reeling from this, too, and is afraid of another loss or that your marriage is failing. Maybe both. I want to strongly recommend a book for you. It is called The Four Seasons of Marriage. Start in the Fall chapter. When my husband and I went through a breaking point (not related to a loss, but we were ready to divorce), this book helped so much. You both need to take a step back for at least one cycle and get some help. Start with the book and maybe even seek counseling. I genuinely believe you will get through this and start TTC again, but you need to let the dust settle on these last few weeks first. I will keep praying for you both. All the hugs and love to you.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    Nightmare is right - you have been put through a lot the past 4 weeks.  I don't think anyone would blame you for needing to be on the receiving end of support during this time, so no need to apologize.

Everyone has given really great advice.  I agree that perhaps his words are coming from a hurt/emotional place - both from your recent loss but also from the fight.  I also agree that taking a month off might be the best thing (might hard right now, but longer term you guys need to heal before moving on).  Counseling might be a good idea as well.  

Good luck, and please let us know how things turn out.  
  • Options
    A lot of PP have said exactly what I wanted to say to you. So I will keep my post short and sweet. First off, hugs to you. Second, never be afraid to ask for support...that is what we are all here for. Third, I'm so sorry for the rough last few weeks. Could you and your DH take a mini staycation? Go do the things you both loved to do before TTC. Remind yourselves of what each other loves? We are all here whenever you need us :)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Me (26) & DH (26)
    Dog Momma to 2 amazing furbabies
    Started dating: May 6, 2005 & Married: August 4, 2012
    Diagnosis: PCOS

September 2013 - January 2014: Not trying but not preventing
    February 2014:
    Officially TTC (BBT, OPKs, etc)
    February-August 2014: Irregular Cycles, U/S showed Fibroids/Cysts, Provera required to get AF, BFNs
    September & October 2014: Testing Months with Reproductive Endocrinologist!
    DH's SA: Normal (116.4 million sperm, 97% motility, 36% morphology) - WHO criteria
    DH's Repeat SA: Poss. Low Morph. (138 million sperm, 73% motility, 8% morphology) - Kruger criteria
    HSG and SIS: Normal (tubes clear)

Medicated Cycle:
     5mg Letrozole + Trigger Injection + TI = BFP!!

ESTIMATED DUE DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015

Beta #1: 12/8 - 1,040 Beta #2: 12/10 - 2,902 Beta #3: 12/16 - 19,321
    Ultrasound #1: 12/12 (5 weeks 1 day) - Gestational sac and yolk sac present
    Ultrasound #2: 12/18 (6 weeks 0 days) - Measuring good, heart rate 99
    Ultrasound #3: 12/26 (7 weeks 1 day) - Measuring good, heart rate 150

• Options
    I'm sorry that everything blew up like that.  It sounds like a break from TTC to strengthen your marriage is a good idea.  As hard as it is to not bring up TTC, I would let it go for now and give him time to come around.  I hope you're feeling better.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    I am so sad for you that you and your husband have to endure this pain. I've never had a miscarriage and can't imagine how difficult that would be, especially after trying for so long. I hope you both can find peace and make a plan that will make you both happy and hopefully bring you closer together. As others have said, counseling could be very helpful.

Married and started TTC in July 2013

"Diagnosed" with unexplained infertility
    Oct 2014 IUI #1: 100mg clomid/HCG trigger/2 mature follicles/18mil post wash sperm count: BFP!!!

• Options

A lot of PP have said exactly what I wanted to say to you. So I will keep my post short and sweet. First off, hugs to you. Second, never be afraid to ask for support...that is what we are all here for. Third, I'm so sorry for the rough last few weeks. Could you and your DH take a mini staycation? Go do the things you both loved to do before TTC. Remind yourselves of what each other loves? We are all here whenever you need us :)
    This is what my H and I did after my loss, actually. It was planned ahead of time, but it ended up being about two weeks after my surgery, and it was perfect timing. Spending time together just the two of us doing things we enjoy was exactly what we needed.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options

Thank you for this amazing suggestion! DH is actually off next weekend! I definitely want to plan something special for us. I'm gonna start researching now :)

• Options
    yes I love this idea!  my therapist talks about nurturing the relationship between us, as husband & wife, and yes, a special time to nurture YOUR relationship is definitely going to be a blessing.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    mshandlebarmshandlebar member
    edited October 2014
    I am so sorry you and YH have to go through all of this. I agree with everything the ladies have already said. Seeing a therapist really helped us. We rented a cabin on a lake the weekend we found out we had no spermies. I don't think we would have been able to process it as well if we hadn't gone away. And for both of you, it is grief and frustration talking. I am sometimes the one who pulls out the "I don't even want to try anymore" card, and I never mean it, I just say it because I am scared of what IF is doing to us. I hope you two can find strength in each other. ((Hugs))

edited because it is too early for me to form coherent sentences :)
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

TTC since May 2013

Me: 31, blocked tube
    DH: 35, azoospermia :(
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 9/7/2014: BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 10/3/2014:
    BFN
    IUI #3 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Estradiol) on 11/1/2014: BFN
    First RE appt. on 11/11/2014
    November 2014: Benched due to cyst :(
    IUI #4 (5 mg Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone) on 12/26/2014: BFP!!!
    Beta 1 (1/9/2015): 292     Beta 2 (1/12/2015): 843

• Options

So many hugs. I think that you are both having strong emotional reactions to the loss. A bit of time off to refocus on your marriage may be the best thing. A family counsellor with expertise in IF issues could be very helpful.

Giving yourselves permission to take a break is hard. However, they can be very worthwhile. Best of luck.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    I am so sorry for what you are going through. Like you said, it sounds like a total nightmare. Others have given great advice- and I love that you are trying to do something positive now by planning something for you and YH!! I also think a counselor is a great idea, that may help you both process the horrible experience you have gone through and be able to communicate with each other in a productive way about how to move forward. Sending you lots of hugs.

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.  I read your post and truly felt for you.  I know IF has tested our marriage in ways I never imagined.  When I first started seeing an RE my husband was not on board at all.  We were not on the same page.  It took him a long time to come around, but he eventually did.  Maybe he just needs some time to process all that is going on.  Like others said a counselor or therapist might really help you guys.  I find that when my husband and I have a big blow up fight I leave him alone for a while and he calms down and eventually talks with me, then it all comes out and sometimes he tells me he was upset for reasons I didn't even realize bothered him.  I hope you guys can work it out, don't let IF win.  

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    Everyone has already given you such good advice.  I just wanted to say I am sorry you are going through this. 

Me: 28 DH: 28

Married: 6 years

TTC since: Sept 2010

Diagnosis: Stage 4 Endometriosis, Hashimoto's

Treatment: Lupron (3/2010 – 9/2010 & 7/2013 – 2/2014)

April 2013 - BFP – missed mc confirmed 5/08/2014. D&C 5/22/2014

Sept/Oct 2014: IUI #1 (Gonal F + HCG) = BFN

Oct/Nov 2014: Temporarily Benched due to multiple cysts on each ovary.

Nov 27: IUI #2 (Gonal F + HCG) = BFP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"