Trouble TTC
Options

Confused about temping :/

hey everyone!

Just a couple of quick questions about temping. Do I need to start at a specific point in my cycles? I THINK I'm 9dpo or at least that's what my period tracker tells me, I'm not 100% sure if I'm even ovulating at all...

Does it need to be the same time everyday? I also have a lot of sleeping issues eg. I wake up all the time at random intervals and toss and turn a lot, does it matter if I've not had 3 hours solid sleep? I read somewhere that it needs to be uninterrupted sleep. My thermometer reads to 2 decimal places so I know I do something right and I try not to move around before I take my temp

Thanks for the help :)
Me (22) & Steve (23)
Furbabies: Samsung and Greystache
Engaged since Feb 2014
DX: PCOS Feb 2013
Lap for suspected endo: August 2014 - nothing found
Metformin 500mg - attempting to lose a few kgs

Re: Confused about temping :/

• Options

The tutorials that fertility friend offers are great! They really explain the process in an easy to understand way.

As lemonliz said, if you want to start temping now, you can, but it would really only be for practice. You don't have to start with CD 1 of a cycle (many women don't temp during their period because temps can still be high for the first few days), but you'll need at least 6 temps before you O to confirm ovulation.

As far as the time that you temp, you're supposed to temp at the same time every day. If you're not getting 3 solid hours of sleep before that time, though, the 3 hours of sleep is probably more important than the actual time.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    I agree with PPs. The tutorials on Fertility Friend are awesome! Plus, their app is wonderful!! Temping at the same time will help FF give more accurate data, however, temping after a solid 3 hours of sleep is the best. 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great! Thanks guys :) I did a little bit recently and used FF and I like it so i'mhappy to keep using. I'll check out the tutorials :) thanks!
    Me (22) & Steve (23)
    Engaged since Feb 2014

• Options
    I just started using FF also.  I have found it fairly helpful except it keeps telling me I ovulated between CD 6-8 based on CM, which I find to be strange??
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Options
    I second/third what everyone else has said. I would also check out the newbie blog at the Trying to Get Pregnant board and on this board. There is a lot of info about all this in there, also.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I have issue with charting CM because it always seems to be the egg white sort of consistency. I assumed because I was getting that it meant I was ovulating but like I said, I get that often at different times in my cycle.

I'll check out the ttgp post, thanks :)
    Me (22) & Steve (23)
    Engaged since Feb 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"