February 2013 Moms
Options

Thinking ahead...how to prepare for daylight savings

Hi ladies

I was just thinking about daylight savings time coming up and how do you prepare. I think this is going to be a tough change this year and just want to start the process early. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Thinking ahead...how to prepare for daylight savings

• Options
    I always start doing everything bedtime related 15 minutes earlier, adding 15 minutes every few days until you are at an hour
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ericalee27ericalee27 member
    edited October 2014
    Oh god.....how soon is this coming up so I can prepare myself for the horror show?!  Kidding, kind of.

I think I've tried it all with DS1 and nothing ever made a difference - prepping vs. not prepping.  It just took time.  At this point, I just ignore it as well -- but for us, it usually is a week before things get better.....DS2 is on a run of waking up at 5am right now, so this should go over well. 8-X

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    We've tried preparing, we've tried not - it just takes a couple of days for them to work into the new rhythm.
    I find the fall change not as bad - they just have to stay up a bit later. I hadn't thought about it much this year, but I'll probably make bedtime at 6:30 the first night (they usually go to bed at 7 but it'll feel like 7:30) and then at 7 the next night (it'll still feel like 8pm to them).

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. The time change is nov 2... Much sooner than I thought!
  • Options
    We plan to do the same thing as Kelly321.  We did that last year, and DS adjusted to the new time within a few days.  I made sure he got a lot of outdoor/sunlight exposure throughout the day and his body just got used to the new time difference.  We will probably put him down half an hour early the first day (usually goes to bed at 7, will put him down at 6:30), and try to gradually push his bedtime later each day.  This year we are dealing with the 2:1 nap transition and a super overtired toddler, so who knows what will happen. 
  • Options
    Puck1182Puck1182 member
    edited October 2014
    DD randomly decided to push bedtime back to 9:00 a couple weeks ago, so I'm just riding out the next couple weeks of late bedtimes, and hopefully once DST ends she will be back to her usual 8:00 bedtime. *crosses fingers*

• Options
    ally2011ally2011 member
    edited October 2014
    It didn't occur to me this would matter...but we run a later schedule than some of ya'll so we shall see.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"