October 2014 Moms
Options

yoyopez's birth story

tater is here! Davis Vaughn was born 10/9/14 (41 weeks) at 1:28pm. 7lb 2.5oz 19 1/2" took about 4 hours from start of labor to delivery... barely made it to hospital after dropping DD at preschool then going in for my scheduled NST. they hooked me up to the machine around 10:30am and my contractions were ~5min apart. a dr checked my cervix at a 3 and told me to go walk the mall and come back in the afternoon to get re-checked. well he must have flipped the switch because DH had to be called at 11am to pick me up and when he got there he drove me straight across the street to the hospital where i started making quite a racket w/ each contraction. they checked my cervix again and i was a 4 so got me into a room. i could hardly hold myself together to get the epidural but once i did... AHHHhhhhhh. could still feel contractions but they were a drop in the bucket compared to non-medicated. started watching days of our lives but it was time to push. they told me to grab my legs and push so i did then the dr said my uterus works great and to stop pushing 'cuz he(the dr) wasn't quite ready. really?! what the hell doc? then it was time to push again and baby was out. 2 pushes! recovering well. DH was home for the week and we had many diaper changing and laundry adventures. DD is very excited  about her new little brother and it is hard to keep her off of him and she's acting out  at times for our attention. i'm sure it will all even out at some point... perhaps when one of them leaves home, ha ha!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: yoyopez's birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"